• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

G-Fex

Maybe I can cheer for another football team that will disappoint me every year

LA Xtreme gonna win the million dollars this year.

BdWyTNjIEAAN75b.jpg

follow...the buzzards
B-b-b-but his arms broken!

I'd watch a rebooted XFL and I don't even like football. Everyone seems to forget that the NFL stole a number of production ideas from the XFL. I'd be down to see an XBA or XBL.

Me too, ever since I actually do like football this time.

I had to stop watching RAW live once Big Show came out and scared Brock Lesnar away. The diaper baby scared Brock Lesnar away. Roman Reigns cares too much about his looks every time he took a bump he would fix his hair lol. He definitely needs more time with the shield he's still to green to be in 15 to 20 minute single matches.When they went for the superplex spot he applied a fisherman suplex which Punk had to tell him was the wrong one. It was an ok RAW overall

Anth0ny

jake coming out was awesome

but jesus fuck this crowd sucks

jesus fuck big shoe

and jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus fuck daniel bryan is so done. youtube pre show at mania everyone.

G-Fex

jake coming out was awesome

but jesus fuck this crowd sucks

jesus fuck big shoe

and jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus fuck daniel bryan is so done. youtube pre show at mania everyone.

Nah, they don't want to show Bryan jobbing on the pre-show. It'll make for a good 5 minute WM match though.

Anyone else enjoy the Rhodes' tag and Punk/Reigns? I thought both were very enjoyable, and despite Reigns being a little too green to wrestle a 15 minute main event on Raw, I still thought it was good, probably in the minority there lol.

Vylash

Man imagine being Arn Anderson and seeing the leader of the group that beat the shit out of you in 2010 delivering "bad news"

UberTag

This WWE.com poll made me chuckle...

Do you think Batista will win the Royal Rumble Match?

• Yes. The Animal will dominate and make a run for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
  • No. Alberto Del Rio will eliminate him just like he promised.
Love how those are the only two choices.

Color me shocked if Batista draws a number earlier than 26.

Watching Raw right now. Why would Bork run away from the Big Show? This doesn't make any sense.

The man wore a diaper for a New Year's promo for Raw and he spent a couple months crying every week.

Bork should be laughing.

UberTag

Watching Raw right now. Why would Bork run away from the Big Show? This doesn't make any sense.

The man wore a diaper for a New Year's promo for Raw and he spent a couple months crying every week.

Bork should be laughing.
RAW_1076_Photo_190.jpg

Still makes more sense than somebody watching Raw expecting angles to actually "make sense" while Vince is still alive.

Perhaps Brock wasn't watching RAW those weeks when Show was embarrassing himself.

The important thing to know is that all heels are chickenshit losers (unless they're in groups or they cheat).
And all faces are repugnant bullies.
This is how Sheamus was booked and how all other wrestlers are booked.

What Brock needs to do is to join the Wyatt Family. It's working great for D.Brine.

brock-lesnar-black.jpg

G-Fex

WTF I'm watching Lizard Lick towing for the lulz

and they've got to protect...RIC FLAIR D: D: D:

wtf seriously

goddamnit Ric

Limit

Don't know if anyone brought this up earlier in the thread but Lesnar's new t shirt slogan "Eat, Sleep, Conquer, Repeat" doesn't make much sense. If Lesnar is conquering after sleeping then logically it makes one think that Lesnar is conquering in his dreams. So basically Lesnar is a bum who does nothing but eats and sleeps while experiencing delusions of grandeur in an illusory reality. Sleep and eat should be flipped.

Bork should be laughing.
Maybe the smell made him run away.
Don't know if anyone brought this up earlier in the thread but Lesnar's new t shirt slogan "Eat, Sleep, Conquer, Repeat" doesn't make much sense. If Lesnar is conquering after sleeping then logically it makes one think that Lesnar is conquering in his dreams. So basically Lesnar is a bum who does nothing but eats and sleeps while experiencing delusions of grandeur in an illusory reality. Sleep and eat should be flipped.
Yeah, that confused me too.

otapnam

I'd watch a rebooted XFL and I don't even like football. Everyone seems to forget that the NFL stole a number of production ideas from the XFL. I'd be down to see an XBA or XBL.

Haha I went to a sf demons game back in college - shane n Stephanie mcmahon walked by the bleachers too

RAW_1076_Photo_190.jpg

Still makes more sense than somebody watching Raw expecting angles to actually "make sense" while Vince is still alive.

Perhaps Brock wasn't watching RAW those weeks when Show was embarrassing himself.

The important thing to know is that all heels are chickenshit losers (unless they're in groups or they cheat).
And all faces are repugnant bullies.
This is how Sheamus was booked and how all other wrestlers are booked.
I just wish Brock wasn't booked to be chickenshit.

But hey what do I know? Shits been working for them for ages.
Maybe the smell made him run away.
What would the Big Show smell like?

shiiiiiii, I learned that the Avatar Rumble closed while i was catching up on the thread after i already submitted. I think i'll tag along if my pick is still in the Rumble

Now I finished Raw. Having Jake make a brief appearance at the end was awesome. So glad to see him doing well. Ambrose looked like he was about to break with the snake.

Who does Big Show have dirt on that he getrs chance after chance?
tumblr_mz0x4qxZEf1t4na3ao1_400.gif

Um, maybe the fact he's a 7 foot giant who most of the fans will believe in a main event spot with one move because he's a...wait for it, a giant.

Ya' see, fans like us remember Big Show's crying and all that, but all it takes is one promo where Show says, "yeah, I may have cried blah blah blah, but I'm still a 7 foot 400 pound giant and Brock Lesnar, you can't break me" to get the fans believing he's a badass again.

Um, maybe the fact he's a 7 foot giant who most of the fans will believe in a main event spot with one move because he's a...wait for it, a giant.

Ya' see, fans like us remember Big Show's crying and all that, but all it takes is one promo where Show says, "yeah, I may have cried blah blah blah, but I'm still a 7 foot 400 pound giant and Brock Lesnar, you can't break me" to get the fans believing he's a badass again.
It's easy for him to look legitimate, but fuck is it tiring to him inserted into big angles like this still

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Hard to believe Big Show's a 'badass' when he constantly gets out of shape.

You think Khali could say the same thing and everyone would completely buy it?

News about WWNLive iPPVs;

January 6th: WWNLive.com has upgraded to HD cameras and equipment. All iPPVs will now broadcast worldwide in HD widescreen starting this weekend. This means all DGUSA, EVOLVE, SHINE and FIP iPPVs will be HD widescreen. The DVDs of these events will also be HD widescreen. It starts with the EVOLVE live iPPVs this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This upgrade is all because of you. When you support us, we put your investment into making the products and brands better for you. We will show our appreciation by bringing you this HD widescreen upgrade at no additional cost to you. Our iPPV prices will remain the same. In addition, we will now have a wireless router on hand at all live iPPVs to serve as a back up to the hard wire building internet connection. This will be a safety to make sure we bring you the smoothest broadcast possible.

These are significant upgrades for our small business operation.. There are no multi-million dollar companies supporting the WWNLive brands. We are the definition of mom and pop. Going to HD widescreen will open more exciting doors for all of us.

No words can express our appreciation to you for making it possible to feature the top talent from around the world, get DVD production on track and upgrade our equipment. Thank you and we hope you continue to enjoy DGUSA, EVOLVE, SHINE and FIP. This is happening because of you.

Not sure how well this is going to work, especially considering the streaming problems they had with SD footage, let alone HD footage. I'll give them another chance, though.

Also, stay classy Vince;

Also at the very beginning of the Curtis Axel vs. Big E. Langston match on RAW, Ryback came out for commentary and immediately stated “Sorry my voice is a little horse, I’ve been hanging out with Lilian Garcia!” As you might have guessed, the line was fed directly from Vince McMahon. Obviously, that’s not the nicest of things to say considering WWE’s “Anti-Bullying” campaign but it was Vince’s way of “ribbing” Lilian.

Striker

Anyone else enjoy the Rhodes' tag and Punk/Reigns? I thought both were very enjoyable, and despite Reigns being a little too green to wrestle a 15 minute main event on Raw, I still thought it was good, probably in the minority there lol.
Saw the tag and it was quite enjoyable. Cody and Goldust are a very fun duo to watch together. Cesaro does a lot of small things great, he's fun to see. Swagger is so completely replaceable in that spot - you can throw in ADR or Sandow and have better results.

Saw bits of the Piper-Ambrose thing. Dean needs more mic time. Hopefully they don't do him wrong early on when the trio splits (unless that stalls if they, in fact, bring up Mason Ryan ... ...).

Caught the last segment on WWE's YT page. Jake looks great and his music going over the arena is awesome to hear again. DDP needs more praise.

Watching the Tokyo Gurentai show from December - these are shows produced by NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA and I've seen a few before, but they're usually hit and miss. This one's been super entertaining for the first half, well worth a watch. There's a good father vs son competition as El Pantera takes on El Hijo del Pantera. Not sure about El Hijo, although he's only 22, but El Pantera definitely still has it. A bit slow, but the dude's still very crisp in his execution. Masaaki Mochizuki vs Yoshiaki Fujiwara was a real fun, hard-hitting match with a clever finish, plus there's a ridiculous 6-man tag with Sanshiro Takagi, Minrou Suzuki & CIMA teaming up against Sato, Nakazawa & Stalker Ichikawa. The Suzuki vs Sato stuff is AWESOME (incidentally, if anyone can find me their 2011 singles match in DDT, I'd be eternally grateful), but it soon breaks down into silliness thanks to Ichikawa, Nakazawa and the referee. The next match has Kensuke Sasaki teaming up with Kiku Hiroshi, which is Kikutaro cosplaying as Hiroshi Hase. I can't over emphasise how awesome this is.

El Pantera;

iJDaDA80QqZcS.gif

Suzuki kills Ichikawa;

i8lFyyT8jZUoG.gif

Referee vs Nakazawa;

ibdQUp0LdMCBA0.gif

Suzuki bullied the ref into walking the ropes and then wouldn't let him get down, lol;

ibuqzUvBa5mhWM.gif

jred2k

I wish Youtube had more in depth statistics. I want to see how much searches for Jake the Snake spiked after Raw last night.

Top Bottom