• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Rapstah

The Benoit case also started months of WWE going on the defensive about how their drugs policy totally worked, and if it didn't work then they weren't the ones who designed the policy anyway, and Benoit having a 59:1 testosterone to epitestosterone ratio was fine because he had gotten testosterone replacement treatment (the type that's supposed to get you back up to 1:1) and besides testosterone wasn't a steroid anyways.

TAKA Michinoku (c) vs Minoru Tanaka - (BattlARTS 10/30/1996)

Michinoku Pro's TAKA Michinoku defends his Independent World Jr. Heavyweight Title against BattlARTS star trainee Minoru Tanaka! Real good contest here. They start out with some good mat wrestling, Minoru's transitions are so damn smooth. Look out for the awesome enziguri from TAKA toward the middle of the bout, before things break down and the animosity both competitors have for each other starts to show through.

Seriously, if Xbox Live or PS+ launched with 6 month minimum commitments and no cash option for next-gen, there'd be riots in gaming side.

The 1/3 month options are trash though. They only exist to push you to get the 1 year deal because it has more value. I think more people like the Netflix monthly approach better hence they went with that model.

I think a better analogy would be if people would be pissed off if Netflix/Hulu did 6 month commitments. I'm sure some people would make a fuss but if the value is worth it then it really is a non issue. And imo if you're a wrestling fan the Network trounces any streaming site when it comes down to content.

Yeah, I remember him basically saying that Benoit was a great performer but that he couldn't comment on anything else. The tone of his comments were really striking.

It was the ultimate thing that told me something was wrong. Regal is a boss. He wouldn't sugarcoat it, but he just wasn't sure. I bet more news was coming out around that time.

jred2k

Do you think Bad News Barrett is actually a take off of Gaborn News? RIP Gaborn.

His new bit should be to watch those ASPCA commercials with the Sarah McLachlan music and just do a belly laugh the whole time.

Edit: Speaking of Bad News, I just saw on Twitter that Miz is gonna be at the NXT tapings. Him alone is intolerable, but thats gonna make Alex Riley especially grating for four whole weeks.

strobogo

Banned
BronsonLee is so pretty his mom wanted a girl and a boy and got both.

1381%2520-%2520jerry_lawler%2520laughing%2520wwe.png

gurudyne

Edit: Speaking of Bad News, I just saw on Twitter that Miz is gonna be at the NXT tapings. Him alone is intolerable, but thats gonna make Alex Riley especially grating for four whole weeks.

I thought they kicked him off commentator duty since the last taping cycle.

Yep.

Then if you try to cancel a month in to your new 6 month commitment, you'll just say to yourself,

"$50?! Fuck it, may as well keep it for 5 more months."

And 5 months later, you forget to cancel again.

They got us now. They got us by the balls.

I consider that a 'dumb' tax. If you can't take five seconds to cancel something that's billed monthly, then you deserve to be charged the $60.

XenoRaven

6/22/07 (Friday), Nancy is murdered upstairs. The next day, Benoit called Chavo saying he misses his flight and would be late to the house show. Chavo was worried about Benoit's "tone and demeanor" and tried to call back later. Benoit didn't answer. Benoit called about 15 minutes later saying he was talking to the air line and that Nancy and Daniel had been sick with food poisoning. Another co-worker who was never named also spoke to Benoit, who said Nancy and Daniel were vomitting blood. Early in the morning of 6/24/07, multiple texts were sent from both Benoit's and Nancy's phones. 4 of them gave out his address, and 1 said that dogs were enclosed in the pool area and the garage door was unlocked. These texts were all to WWE wrestlers. He also called the office to let them know he wouldn't be at the house show and would take a later flight to the PPV.

Later that day, Daniel was killed, although time of death was unable to be determined. After that, Benoit hanged himself on a weight machine. On Monday, Scott Armstrong and Chavo informed WWE officials of the texts they received and police were called to the house. This was around 4PM EST. Tribute show went on well after the point where they knew something was up, and about half way through the show it started getting reported that it was looking like Benoit was the murderer, so they started talking more about Nancy and Daniel on the show.

In my mind, it seems pretty clear Chavo at the very least knew what was up, or that something bad had happened. I'm assuming that the 5 people texted and called between the murders all probably knew something was up. My guesses would be Chavo, Regal, Dean, Scott Armstrong, and someone else. Maybe Holly or JBL, as Holly and Benoit were pretty regular traveling partners. What's really shocking to me is that after 5 people in the company were sent suspicious texts/voice mails, and Benoit no showed two shows without anyone being able to get into contact with him, police weren't called until 4PM the next day. So either those wrestlers didn't voice their concerns to the office or local police, or the WWE office didn't find it strange that Benoit missed two shows and no one was able to get into contact with him.
According to Jericho, Benoit commonly avoided phone calls and texts, even if Benoit had initially called or texted the person first. He would just kind of do a disappearing act where no one could contact him. Obviously him missing two shows was a big deal though. Who knows what was going through everyone's mind. I agree that those closest to him probably new something bad happened when he no-showed.

Shit, just melted then made elastic

Apparently a thing of the past though!

!

Also did you see this post by Bootaaay?

Ian Rotten had to cancel Drake Younger & Eddie Kingston's bookings for Saturday's IWA-MS show because he needs the money to sort out his gangrenous toe.

I don't really know why I posted that, but if I had to read it, so do you.

Are you okay bro? I know you are upset at the show not happening but maybe if you can donate some money to Rotten's toe, things can change!

MC Safety

Do you think Bad News Barrett is actually a take off of Gaborn News? RIP Gaborn.

Bad News Barrett gives us commentary and insight. For example, you are all constipated!

Gaborn just posted the most depressing garbage to get attention.

Bad News Barrett is our generation's H.L. Mencken. Or at least its Bad News Brown.

Xater

So for some reason I decided to watch the stuff with Vince from the last WCW Nitro. Man that was some cocky stuff.

So for some reason I decided to watch the stuff with Vince from the last WCW Nitro. Man that was some cocky stuff.

You'd be cocky too if you had literally just bought your competition, especially the one that almost bankrupted you

Vince Gon Dance

Aiii

So not worth it
I am in awe of how that manages to be over sized in the exact same way his suits are.

With his build, it would be very hard to make a normal shaped suit that didn't look oversized in places. Suits just aren't made for someone who is three times as wide in the shoulders than in the waist.

jred2k

You'd be cocky too if you had literally just bought your competition, especially the one that almost bankrupted you

Vince Gon Dance

What does everyone think the largest amount of money Vince has cum on is? I'm gonna gon with $5000 in $20's. Hes a man that likes to celebrate, but he isn't reckless.

With his build, it would be very hard to make a normal shaped suit that didn't look oversized in places. Suits just aren't made for someone who is three times as wide in the shoulders than in the waist.

We have finally found SuperCena's weakness.

G-Fex

so last night in DayZ I got squashed like a jobber by some jerkoff in a house.

Turns out, when you threaten someone, make sure you've got ammo.

Downhome

Yeah, I watched his opening last night too. I think it was linked on their YT page where I was watching the live stream. Him opening up that Nitro has to be one of the craziest things I've ever seen while watching wrestling.

I was a HUGE WCW mark back then, still am, so it really pissed me off even with how horrible WCW had become by that point (although I think the quality was UP the last few months, especially in ring). I remember him just totally bashing people and pretty much flat out saying that people like Luger and Jeff Jarrett were now out of a job. So cold, ice cold.

mouserat

Neo Member
just listened to the Observer Podcast about the network. you guys covered everything I guess, but there was a big downer concealed towards the end: John Cena revealed to Meltzer that he just broke his own personal lifting record, so the idea of him working through injury or being weaker is pretty much wrong on all counts. 'stronger than ever' unfortunately.

What does everyone think the largest amount of money Vince has cum on is? I'm gonna gon with $5000 in $20's. Hes a man that likes to celebrate, but he isn't reckless.

I don't even know what drives Vince anymore.

It's not money or power it seems. He could've just kept it normal for years.

so last night in DayZ I got squashed like a jobber by some jerkoff in a house.

Turns out, when you threaten someone, make sure you've got ammo.

Mofucka you're the henchman in the action movie that gets the drop on John McClane only to DIE

just listened to the Observer Podcast about the network. you guys covered everything I guess, but there was a big downer concealed towards the end: John Cena revealed to Meltzer that he just broke his own personal lifting record, so the idea of him working through injury or being weaker is pretty much wrong on all counts. 'stronger than ever' unfortunately.

Drugs will do that for you. Regardless, mad props to him.

You tryna rip off Cena's catchphrases?

ha, didn't even see the connection till you pointed it out

clever girl

Top Bottom