• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Alucard

Banned
I'm watching. Not sure if I will make it to the end.

When did AJ come back?

Does he have a contract?

AJ came back last week. This show was recorded when AJ still had a contract with TNA. His contract with TNA is now expired.

Let's enjoy this last ride.

Also, why would Dixie allow a one-night contract for AJ? What if he wins? She would be okay with AJ leaving with both belts? Makes no sense, but okay. I fully expect tons of TNA shenanigans in this match aka run-ins and ref bumps galore. I'm still excited, though.

Oh lordy, look marks I'm about to fuck you up with some truth, "Secrets of Wrestling: Revealed" style.

ibhNM8UpOCIxym.gif

1. His arms are extended at impact to make his body a flat plane and distribute his weight evenly
  2. His chin is tucked in to avoid hitting the back of his head
  3. The landing spot is actually an extended step, a large flat area, not a bunch of stairs
  4. Camera angles, focal lengths, shadows, smoke, mirrors, etc. further enhance the appearance of danger and pain
  5. Somoa Joe grimaces as he gets up to communicate to the audience that he is in pain, an act known as "selling". He is actually perfectly fine.
  6. The guardrail appears to damage his groin area but actually hits his inner thigh

I know Bootaaay is just trolling but the rest of you? You should be ashamed.

AJ came back last week. This show was recorded when AJ still had a contract with TNA. His contract with TNA is now expired.

Let's enjoy this last ride.

Also, why would Dixie allow a one-night contract for AJ? What if he wins? She would be okay with AJ leaving with both belts? Makes no sense, but okay. I fully expect tons of TNA shenanigans in this match aka run-ins and ref bumps galore. I'm still excited, though.

A shame they can't come to terms with him. Its also a shame this is happening in front of this lame crowd

somedevil

The NXT tapings are done and it seems that Zayn and Paige are injured right now. So it doesn't look good for him for the Rumble.

Also, the main event of the Live Taping is a ladder match for the title.

G-Fex

The NXT tapings are done and it seems that Zayn and Paige are injured right now. So it doesn't look good for him for the Rumble.

Also, the main event of the Live Taping is a ladder match for the title.

lol Paige got injured.

No surprise here, she looks like a twig that could snap.

Alucard

Banned
"Your winners, to the surprise of nobody!"

Oh, Zema.

And I see what's going on here. Dixie is asking the heels to attack all the faces tonight...trying to snuff out "The Friends of AJ Styles."

G-Fex

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your IMPACTS ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

strobogo

Banned
I'm going to do all of my grocery shopping in the ethnic aisle (except for booze, as there is no booze in the ethnic aisle) just to get heel heat with Bootaaay and G-Nobody.

G-Fex

I'm going to do all of my grocery shopping in the ethnic asile (except for booze, as there is no booze in the ethnic aisle) just to get heel heat with Bootaaay and G-Nobody.

Oh I see , ethnic people don't drink booze. Typical train of thought for Stro.

Have fun , bet you don't even know what a chorizo or mole is.

strobogo

Banned
Oh I see , ethnic people don't drink booze. Typical train of thought for Stro.

Have fun , bet you don't even know what a chorizo or mole is.

I'm pretty well versed in Mexican food. I hadn't heard of chorizo, though. It kind of bothers me that "Southern" is considered ethnic according to my local Meijer/Walmart. And by Southern, they really mean "black people/soul food", but are afraid to post that. Same thing with using "Eastern European" instead of Jewish, which my Meijer definitely does.

Alucard

Banned
So, this is just a promo segment? Damn...they put up a cage for a promo?

Maybe...?...

Bobby Roode is so good.

Okay, looks like we're at least going to get some use out of the cage. Angle vs. Bad Influence? I'm down for some of this. If it gets at least 7 minutes, I'll be happy. Heh.

G-Fex

I'm pretty well versed in Mexican food. I hadn't heard of chorizo, though. It kind of bothers me that "Southern" is considered ethnic according to my local Meijer/Walmart. And by Southern, they really mean "black people/soul food", but are afraid to post that. Same thing with using "Eastern European" instead of Jewish, which my Meijer definitely does.

chorizo is deliciouso. It's a pork sausage but spicy

Yes they have to be pretty you know...GENERAL in labels. Can't say that stuff you said.

strobogo

Banned
chorizo is deliciouso. It's a pork sausage but spicy

Yes they have to be pretty you know...GENERAL in labels. Can't say that stuff you said.

I don't understand why Southern is in its own aisle to begin with, though. The same things in the aisle under that banner are found everywhere else in the store. The Southern aisle has things like...mashed potatoes and flour. This is Indiana. Soul food is pretty popular and common all over the state. And most of soul food is common and popular all over the country, which makes no sense to me as to why it is labeled under its own section with legitimate foreign food items and brands not as commonly found or used in America.

Eastern European has foods with the Star of David on them. Everything under that label has a Star of David on it.

somedevil

Matches set for the NXT live show:

Bo vs Adrian Neville ladder Match
Cesaro vs Zayn

Also, the Wyatts were at the tapings for the week before elimination chamber and
no Daniel Bryan. So either Bryan couldn't make it or they actually have it booked out and is turning on them.

Ithil

Off-Air: Byron Saxton introduced WWE COO Triple H, who welcomed fans back to Full Sail. Triple H proceeded to rundown the WWE Network announcement and programming that will be featured. Triple H then announced that when WWE returns to Full Sail on February 27th, the show will air live for the first time in a special event on the WWE Network.

* Brandi Rhodes is the ring announcer, at least for the first taping. She wasn’t introduced formerly, so no word if she’s using her old Eden Stiles ring name.

Episode 1; Airing January 22nd:

* Adrian Neville b. Wesley Blake with the Red Arrow.
* Alexander Rusev w/Lana b. Xavier Woods with The Accolade. After the match, Rusev continues the attack on Woods until Sin Cara ran out to make the save while “Hunico” chants filled the arena.
* Antonio Cesaro b. CJ Parker with the Neutralizer.
* Sami Zayn came out on crutches to talk about how his 2013 went and said 2014 will be better. Zayn asked Antonio Cesaro for a rematch to their 2 out of 3 falls match from long ago. Cesaro walked up to Zayn, grabbed the microphone from his hand, said no and walked off.
* Natalya w/Bayley b. Summer Rae w/Sasha Banks with the Sharpshooter. Kyle said the match was really good and had a couple nice spots.

Episode 2; Airing January 29th:

* NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension b. local workers who weren’t introduced with Fall of Man.
* Corey Graves comes out and says that he will never forgive Adrian Neville after he tried to end his career.
* Corey Graves b. Camacho with the Lucky 13 in a quick match.
* NXT Champion Bo Dallas came out to celebrate his milestone of being the longest reigning NXT Champion in history. Bo said that there will be a banner hanging to celebrate the achievement, but before the banner could drop Adrian Neville interrupted. Neville wanted a match for the NXT Title. Bo said he can beat Neville any time in the same exact time that earned Neville a title shot in the first place (4:45), except for tonight. The crowd then starts chanting “Bo’s a Wanker”.
* WWE COO Triple H interrupted and announced a match between Dallas and Neville right now and if Neville can last 4 minutes and 45 seconds against Bo, he will receive an NXT Championship match during the live NXT show on February 27th on the WWE Network.
* Adrian Neville lasted 4 minutes and 45 seconds against NXT Champion Bo Dallas in a special Beat The Clock challenge to earn an NXT Title match on February 27th. Dallas tried to assault Neville after the bout, but Adrian countered and ended up hitting the Red Arrow and counting, along with fans, to 3.

Episode 3; Airing February 5th:

* Bayley w/Natalya b. Sasha Banks w/Charlotte and Summer Rae with a belly-to-belly suplex.
* Tyler Breeze b. Colin Cassady after Cassady was distracted by the appearance of Aiden English on the titantron, who entered a room the Enzo Amore was in. Kyle said the match was really entertaining. At one point, Cassady took selfies on a fans phone to mock Breeze.
* The Miz b. CJ Parker with the Figure Four in a quick match. Kyle mentioned the crowd did not care for either guy and after the match, Miz tried to high-5 some fans at ringside but got left hanging for the most part.
* Renee Young heads down to the ring to host a contract signing for the NXT Championship match between Bo Dallas and Adrian Neville on the live show on February 27th on the WWE Network. Neville signs the contract when Bo doesn’t turn up and afterwards, Bo finally comes out and tells Adrian to grab and chair, sit down and watch him prove why he is the NXT Champion. Dallas then called for his opponent to come out.
* NXT Champion Bo Dallas b. a local worker who went unnamed in quick fashion. After the match, Bo finally signed the contract and then he starts brawling with Neville up the ramp.

Off-Air: A video package for the WWE Network was shown, which led to “9.99″ chants.

Episode 4; Airing February 12th:

* Alexander Rusev w/Lana b. Sin Cara with The Accolade. Kyle says this has been the quietest match crowd reaction wise he has ever seen.
* Emma b. Alicia Fox with the Dil-Emma in what Kyle called a sloppy match. After the match, Emma grabbed a microphone and talked about Paige not being 100% healthy at the moment and says when she is, she wants her NXT Women’s Championship match. The BFFs came out and attacked Emma until Bayley and Natalya ran out to make the save.
* Mason Ryan b. Sylvester Lefort in a squash match.
* Tyson Kidd b. Aiden English when Aiden was distracted by Colin Cassady.
* Adrian Neville b. Corey Graves with the Red Arrow. After the match, NXT Champion Bo Dallas came out and attacked Neville until WWE COO Triple H appeared and stopped him. Triple H adds a Ladder match stipulation to the title match on February 27th between Dallas and Neville.

Episode 5; Airing February 19th:

* Bayley, Emma and Natalya b. Alicia Fox, Sasha Banks and Summer Rae when Emma made Alicia submit to the Dil-Emma after Banks and Rae abandoned Fox.
* Aiden English b. Colin Cassady with the Director’s Cut.
* Sami Zayn comes out and says that to this day he just can’t get the image of Antonio Cesaro beating him in that 2 out of 3 falls match out of his head. Cesaro interrupts and taunts Zayn about how he has never been able to one-up him. Zayn fires back with taunts, saying how can Cesaro be so sure if he won’t face him one last time. Cesaro says he will face him if he promises he won’t complain about the outcome. Zayn extends his hand to shake, but turns it into a pinky promise after the crowd chanted for it. Cesaro played it up, but ultimately said no again and kicked Zayn’s injured knee.
* As Cesaro was heading to the back, WWE COO Triple H came out and said he heard on good authority that Zayn’s knee will be healthy on February 27th and proceeds to announce Cesaro vs. Zayn for the live show on the WWE Network because the fans wanted it and if the fans want it, it’s best for business.
* CJ Parker b. Tye Dillinger in a quick match. After the match, Parker cut a promo about recycling and polar ice caps melting… seriously.
* Erick Rowan and Luke Harper w/Bray Wyatt b. Jason Jordan and Marcus Louis in a squash match. After the match, Bray cut a promo about how the family hasn’t forgotten where they came from.

Off-Air: It was announced that NXT will return to Full Sail on January 30th and the special guests will be Cody Rhodes and Goldust.

Here's the complete set of NXT taping spoilers from tonight, which just ended. They filmed five episodes instead of four, for some reason.

strobogo

Banned
I love Mexican food, but hate some of the staples such as refried beans, various other beans, guacamole, and jalapenos. Enchilada sauce is also pushing it. But I love the food anyway. I'm such a gringo.

gringo.jpg

Top Bottom