• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| The Assassination of Daniel Bryan by the Coward Vince McMahon

Alucard

Banned
Oh, is it Thursday?

terrellowens.gif

Alucard

Banned
Angle Roode reminds me of a boring midcard version of Foley HHH

I think the stage they're on is making it feel less important than it should be. The small arenas just don't sell the gravity of a match with talents like Roode and Angle. It's one of TNA's problems...no one feels larger than life or like a true superstar. Well...except maybe AJ Styles right now...but he's gone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think the stage they're on is making it feel less important than it should be. The small arenas just don't sell the gravity of a match with talents like Roode and Angle. It's one of TNA's problems...no one feels larger than life or like a true superstar. Well...except maybe AJ Styles right now...but he's gone.
Definitely. AJ also had such an awful look in this last run. King of hobos

strobogo

Banned
#bnb AJ Styles looks like a hobo and isn't on TV and is still more over than you
#bnb Chris Benoit died 6 years ago and is still more over than you
#bnb Emma is on NXT and still more over than you
#bnb Bruno is 78, hasn't been on TV in decades, and is still more over than you
#bnb Miz is Miz and is still more over than you

Alucard

Banned
Average cage matches tonight, but I have to say that Sting actually looked good in there...minus his awful ring attire. I wish he would stop using tight pants and wearing a t-shirt over top of them. It looks like a moo-moo.

RBH

-Right now for Rumble, the only two matches besides the Rumble that are clear are Orton vs. Cena in a must be a winner match for the world title, and Show vs. Lesnar. Show vs. Lesnar had been planned months ago, with the idea Lesnar goes over Show strong to set him up for Undertaker. As of now, that is still the plan. The past few weeks they had done nothing in that direction and from Smackdown the sense was it would be Langston, as Show wasn’t even involved. They did an angle where Lesnar broke Henry’s elbow and dislocated his shoulder with a Kimura, so Henry is going to be kept out of action for a while. I don’t sense there will be any returns for Henry vs. Lesnar unless it’s a TV match to just get squashed or it’s something for Extreme Rules or another PPV after Mania.

-Regarding Hulk Hogan and WrestleMania, Roddy Piper has pushed for an idea of Hogan & Cena vs. Piper & Punk.

-Warrior’s name was on the list because WWE and Warrior have come to an agreement. I’m presuming it’s for the Hall of Fame, but the only thing I know is that there is now an existing business relationship between the two sides that I would presume would lead to something Mania weekend.

-The WWE digital network will not be editing Chris Benoit off the archived shows. The company sent out a memo to those working on getting footage ready saying Benoit is okay to use, but any show that features him will have an advisory message that plays at the beginning saying that all characters on this show are purely fictional. Regarding Mel Phillips, they said that they would prefer to not have him shown but every instance is unique.

-Batista signed a two-year contract.

-Jake Roberts’ return at Raw would seem to indicate a good chance they’ll give him a Royal Rumble spot, which has been his goal. It wouldn’t be as much of a “surprise,” since he was on Raw first, but if you noticed, they saved the DDT spot. Backstage people also figured if Roberts doesn’t have any issues between now and then, that he’d be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year.

-The idea going around is to do Old School Raw on the Monday in January that goes against the BCS title game as an annual special counter-programming show on a night that could otherwise get destroyed in the ratings.
-Wrestling Observer Newsletter

strobogo

Banned
So they're cool with showing Benoit, confirmed murderer, but not with Mel Phillips, over an alleged sexual abuse scandal that also involved Pat Patterson? The same Pat Patterson that was all over TV during the Attitude Era and even in the past few years?

There really is only one man they should erase from history:

themiz_chicmagnet_widescreen.jpg

Vylash

I think the music works in pre-recorded segments, but not so much on live TV.

Were those bathrobes in Anderson's hands?

They were boy and girl baby clothes, playing off of that promo he cut a few weeks ago about anderson's wife being pregnant with twins

Alucard

Banned
They were boy and girl baby clothes, playing off of that promo he cut a few weeks ago about anderson's wife being pregnant with twins

I figured it would be something related to the babies, but the camera didn't stay on the shot long enough to tell what the heck was going on.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So they're cool with showing Benoit, confirmed murderer, but not with Mel Phillips, over an alleged sexual abuse scandal that also involved Pat Patterson? The same Pat Patterson that was all over TV during the Attitude Era and even in the past few years?

There really is only one man they should erase from history:

Miz was the last good heel WWE champion.

Alucard

Banned
Jeremy Borash is one of the best parts of these championship matches. He adds some gravity to the proceedings.

I wonder how long it will take for the interference to begin in this match.

Yeah, really weird to think this is AJ's last TNA match...probably ever.

Alucard

Banned
Well, that didn't take long. Magnus looks like a total coward by watching this interference happen.

RUN-IN NUMBER TWO! STING!

With all sensitivity towards Strong's situation, he's a mid-carder for life. He has as much personality as an unsalted cracker.

He's certainly not my favorite all time or anything but I was looking forward to him in some fresh matchups. I've heard when he was announced for them it helped ticket sales a lot.

Alucard

Banned
Run-in number three. Bromans and Zema Ion. This is...weird. All the performers must be thinking how fucked up it is that AJ is never coming back after this.

Snaku

Banned
-Wrestling Observer Newsletter

I'd love to see that tag match, honestly. They aren't going to have anything more interesting for Punk, and it'll keep Cena from ruining...well..everything. And I'll never get enough of Hogan v. Piper.

Alucard

Banned
I don't see how this is supposed to make Magnus look strong...although that could be part of the point...Magnus is supposed to look like a fraud. But wouldn't you want to build the guy and give him a legit impressive win over a big time player like AJ?

AND A REF BUMP! LOL.

Alucard

Banned
A THIRD REF APPEARS!

Seriously, guys. If you didn't watch this live, watch it when it hits youtube. It was fucking ridiculous.

Magnus looks absolutely awful after that. Is that what they want? I don't get it. Of course, it just makes the crowd hate him more, so there's that...but if/when he loses the belt, he's going to look really weak.

Top Bottom