• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese Mobile Gacha Games: Gatcha hand on your wallet and I'm never letting go!

Rixa

Yeesh... I ended up not bothering with Exvius after a while. It just went too complicated for me with each character having gear and magic you needed to craft and manage. It just felt like a clusterfudgicle, to me.

I understand, Brave Exvius is not for everyone. But I like to point out that you don't need to craft magic & gear in Brave Exvius. Unit gets spells & abilities by getting levels and events give gear (or you can buy shitty gear from story shops).

Gacha rate is horrible, nowadays in JP version base 5* is 3%. Meanwhile in Global its around 1.5%...

Azusa

Do communities run private servers for phone games after they die, they way people do for old PC games? Is it even possible with phone games?

Its possible but meaningless. Mobile games that dont update constantly are dead and there is no point into reviving them. There are many similar mobages to play if your current one is dead.

Dandte

I went through my gacha wishlisht.

SinoAlice looks...there was a game with the same artstyle and i hated it....interesting. I love tim burton-esk figures but these units look strange to me.

I want the dissidia game or the star ocean game....Dissidia might happen...star ocean on the other hand. Nope.

bjork

Its possible but meaningless. Mobile games that dont update constantly are dead and there is no point into reviving them. There are many similar mobages to play if your current one is dead.

Similar =\= the game I want.

That's point/meaning enough, isn't it?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This looks like the what's to look forward to for Japan's Summer:
YWqHxTR.png

Kitoro

SE's Guardian Codex officially dead.

Lasted 7 months.
I have to give them props though for releasing JP and English at same time.
Unfortunately, not the right game people wanted.

I tried that game on launch day, and was so repulsed by the menus, gameplay, and art style. I was so excited for actual co-op in a mobile game, but not like this...

chrono01

For download. Server won't be opened until 3~5PM here
I hope you guys/gals enjoy, game looks great.

As for me, since I understand little Japanese (and it'll be a story-heavy game, I'm sure), I'll just be here, drowning in my tears as I lament that this game will (in nigh certainty) never receive a Global release. :(

Jeffrey

kinda wish there was a bit less crafty and gear stuff in this and mmo genre in general lol.

And actiony, but those seem to always close unless they are part of some anime property like bleach or SAO.

Well those korean action rpgs seem ok, but the art is too... f2p mmoy? idk.

not really sure what i want! feel like im getting more and more impatient with mobile stuff.

My last job had way more down time which is where I ended up gacha stuff more, but now way more money, but not as much down time lol, rather play console games at home.

chrono01

Any chance we get SinoAlice in the west?
If Nier Automata didn't do as well as it did, I'd say there would be a 100% chance that we wouldn't get it. However, since it did sell as much as it did, and Yoko Taro being a more prominent name right now, I'm hoping SE takes the risk and decides to localize it for us.

That being said, I'd say the chance of that happening is still extremely slim. I'm hoping we hear something from E3 in a few days, as that would be a good time to announce it (at SE's booth there).

chrono01

Welp, game is dead.

People will ignore it, due to the "censorship controversy", and it will slowly die. (I hope I'm wrong.)

It does seem like an odd change though, especially considering the other scantily-clad anime waifu gatcha games. Maybe this is evidence of SE releasing this in NA after all, where such things might be construed as being "too lewd". Which it really isn't, it's just a little bit of cleavage which you see everywhere. The outfits aren't even that bare at all.

chrono01

Welcome to the censored World of Ios. I thought everyone already knew about this.
It's not just iOS, apparently. :(

It is not even that risque though. I mean Hortensia literally had swimsuit char and that pass.
Yeah, it's really strange.

I mean, look at some of the outfits of the characters in Fate G/O. They're leagues worse than what you see here. It's like we're living in some alternate world, where Japan received the edits meant for NA. I could see something like this happening in the Global version (if we got one), but for Japan? Weird. o_O

In any case, I mentioned it earlier. Unless they revert the changes, this game is already dead in Japan. You don't touch their fanservice!

Edit: Maybe that was the reason for the emergency maintenance. Japan received the assets (icon and in-game art) meant for the edited Global release, and they pulled the game to fix things. GLOBAL RELEASE CONFIRMED! ...?

aitakute

It's not just iOS, apparently. :(

Yeah, it's really strange.

I mean, look at some of the outfits of the characters in Fate G/O. They're leagues worse than what you see here. It's like we're living in some alternate world, where Japan received the edits meant for NA. I could see something like this happening in the Global version (if we got one), but for Japan? Weird. o_O

In any case, I mentioned it earlier. Unless they revert the changes, this game is already dead in Japan. You don't touch their fanservice!

Edit: Maybe that was the reason for the emergency maintenance. Japan received the assets (icon and in-game art) meant for the edited Global release, and they pulled the game to fix things. GLOBAL RELEASE CONFIRMED! ...?

Imagine this was actually true and the censored actually be released in the West. Then people will bitch about the censorship and the game would die and a few months

chrono01

Imagine this was actually true and the censored actually be released in the West. Then people will bitch about the censorship and the game would die and a few months
I'd be one of the people bitching, but I'd still play the game. I don't really care at this point, I just want the game in English.

It's a shame this happened at all though, it's so unnecessary. :/

aitakute

I'd be one of the people bitching, but I'd still play the game. I don't really care at this point, I just want the game in English.

It's a shame this happened at all though, it's so unnecessary. :/

Yeah I really don't understand their decision this time. There are games way worse in the app store without any problem

Tidd

It's just the preview like owl mentioned. Screenshot from the in-game character news.

She has a bigger cleavage than the one mentioned for "censorship". I doubt that they would censor a little bit like that and then put a character like this in the game. lol

chrono01

It's just the preview like owl mentioned. Screenshot from the in-game character news.

She has a bigger cleavage than the one mentioned for "censorship". I doubt that they would censor a little bit like that and then put a character like this in the game. lol
Whew! That's a relief.
Not that it matters to me anyway, since this one will likely remain Japan-only. :/

Can I take a moment and state how great the art is? 'cause the art is amazing.

Caim

Talking about SINoAlice. Is the gacha in that game for weapons or characters?

Some weapons unlock classes for characters, at the moment it seems to be Alice, Cinderella, and Pinocchio.

The rates for SS is 3% but the chance of it being a class unlock weapon is even lower.

It doesn't have to be SS to give a class though since Pinocchio's is S.

casiopao

3% seems normal as H-Saga also hit 3%. But we had guaranteed ssr for every 30 pull and guaranteed UR for every 60 pull. So there is that.^^

Dandte

Mhm Alice insta crashes on my iphone 6s+ jb. It starts with a white screen and instantly crashes to the homescreen.

[Concerning the 'cencorship' of the app store images] Please rest assured that the portraits of the in game sprites are left in their original, uncencored state. The cencored preview images in the respective app stores was to keep an-all-age rating. We deeply apologized for the misunderstanding.

【ストア掲載画像について】
各ストアには全年齢対象の画像を掲載しておりますが、ゲーム内では今まで公開してきた、シノアリスのレーティング設定に即したキャラクター画像を楽しんでいただけますので、ご安心下さい。お待たせしてしまい大変申し訳ございませんが、復旧対応完了までお待ち下さい。
[View Tweet]

Jeffrey

[Concerning the 'cencorship' of the app store images] Please rest assured that the portraits of the in game sprites are left in their original, uncencored state. The cencored preview images in the respective app stores was to keep an-all-age rating. We deeply apologized for the misunderstanding.

【ストア掲載画像について】
各ストアには全年齢対象の画像を掲載しておりますが、ゲーム内では今まで公開してきた、シノアリスのレーティング設定に即したキャラクター画像を楽しんでいただけますので、ご安心下さい。お待たせしてしまい大変申し訳ございませんが、復旧対応完了までお待ち下さい。
[View Tweet]

So they redrew the art just for the store images? Why not just rearrange the layers like how western releases of jp games typically hide a butt or thigh behind text lol.

Ryoukai

SinO is giving me Fgo and God Eater launch flashbacks. Hope they resolve the issues quickly.

Mhm Alice insta crashes on my iphone 6s+ jb. It starts with a white screen and instantly crashes to the homescreen.
Maybe it involves a tweak you've installed? I'm using a iPhone 6+ jb and it's been working fine for me, I even got to play when the servers were up.

Sölf

Has anyone of you guys played Phantom of the Kill and can tell me why the hell the game crashes on Nox like every 5 seconds? I would like to give it a go but I couldn't even finish a single mission without at least 1 crash.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Sölf;239411253 said:
Has anyone of you guys played Phantom of the Kill and can tell me why the hell the game crashes on Nox like every 5 seconds? I would like to give it a go but I couldn't even finish a single mission without at least 1 crash.

It's not very highly regarded around here. It was just too slow for me, but I think it has a pretty good following in Japan. No idea on the crashing issues.

Top Bottom