• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

Catching up with the thread. So much heat!

Also...

rejoice.png
rejoice.png
rejoice.png

injurai

Banned
I'm sure old to many of you, but I can't get over how fucking good Bonobo is live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IULhG2ln-Lg

He decomposes absolutely everything for the live band. It really creates a magical dance of out of his music. Parov Stelar does something similar, though he remains on a DJ set. They have transitions down to a T, it's impressive because they still manage to pull of a very dynamic set. London Elektricity's live decomposition is especially impressive to me, you might enjoy it if your familiar with them.

Jaroof

Just got back from seeing the Emancipator Ensemble.

...as I expected, it was fuuuckin' amazing.

The starting act, Blue Sky Black Death, was pretty... lame, honestly. Beats were great, but the duo just stood there bobbing their heads the whole time. Great tunes to vibe to, though. Gonna have to look up some of their stuff.

Emancipator Ensemble, though... they were on point. Everything was fantastic. The drummer was great.. I constantly found myself telling one of my friends "That drummer!!!" out of amazement. The bassist was also really good, blending in with the music perfectly.. and Ilya Goldberg, the violinist played some crazy good lines.

After they finished their set, they exited the stage, only to return about 30 seconds later, due to an encore. After they came back, they played three songs.

One of those was a new song, called "Keys". I recorded a video of it(along with many other songs), and I'm uploading them right now. Taking a bit of time, because they're pretty big files.

I had a blast. If you get a chance to see the Emancipator Ensemble, don't miss out. You won't regret it.

desu

One of those was a new song, called "Keys". I recorded a video of it(along with many other songs), and I'm uploading them right now. Taking a bit of time, because they're pretty big files.

Awesome!

Thanks for the report and the live recordings, can't wait to see them.

Sadly no chance to experience this in Europe =/.

Drive-by posting this for those who don't know about this. My favorite album of the year so far its like...hip hop influenced Jazz. Hip-Jazz

BADBADNOTGOOD - "III" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'm sure old to many of you, but I can't get over how fucking good Bonobo is live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IULhG2ln-Lg

Saw him last month. One of the best live acts i've seen as far as atmosphere (it was a cool venue) and instrumentation. The drummer on tour with him right now is fantastic.

Jaroof

Awesome!

Thanks for the report and the live recordings, can't wait to see them.

Sadly no chance to experience this in Europe =/.

They should be announcing UK dates sometime soon. Hopefully. :p

Oh, and don't expect the best audio from these recordings.. the bass is intense.
With that said, the new song came out pretty well.

Drive-by posting this for those who don't know about this. My favorite album of the year so far its like...hip hop influenced Jazz. Hip-Jazz

BADBADNOTGOOD - "III" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Saw him last month. One of the best live acts i've seen as far as atmosphere (it was a cool venue) and instrumentation. The drummer on tour with him right now is fantastic.

I couldn't get into BBNG before... maybe this will be the album to do so. I know they're pretty highly acclaimed, but wasn't feeling it before.

Top Bottom