• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz-Hop & Instrumental Hip-Hop |OT| - R.I.P. Nujabes

She seems like a modern jazzy Lauryn Hill to me. She only has one album, well really two, the second album is just a live version of the first one, but it's still great.

the+journey+aflame.jpg

http://akuanaru.bandcamp.com/album/the-journey-aflame

This one's from Live & Aflame Sessions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZoMzWraS_c

This is a quality fuckin' album. And putting Rashida Jones on the cover with the name being "Mixed Jawns". Just great.

Had no clue that was her. She looks more noticeably black on that album cover. Didn't know she was Quincy Jones daughter or even mixed until you made this post. The few times I've seen her on TV she acted in distinctively white roles. I'd have to bet she identifies more with that side of her ethnicity.

Who's on the cover of Mixed Jawns II btw?

Fjordson

Had no clue that was her. She looks more noticeably black on that album cover. Didn't know she was Quincy Jones daughter or even mixed until you made this post. The few times I've seen her on TV she acted in distinctively white roles. I'd have to bet she identifies more with that side of her ethnicity.

Who's on the cover of Mixed Jawns II btw?
Yeah, she looks more black there than usual. Always fine as hell, though.

On Mixed Jawns II that's Maya Rudolph, actress that used to be on SNL. Also half black (her mom was Minnie Riperton). Pretty clever covers really :lol

Jaroof

!!!!
This was exclusively on a vinyl, I believe.. since November 2011.. but now, it's on Soundcloud!
And it's gorgeous.

Edit: Well, apparently it's been on Youtube since December.. Oh well. It's new to me!

hitsugi

does Joseph Jacobs have his own album or anything? It looks like he just does a few tracks here and there but I really like his style

injurai

Banned
does Joseph Jacobs have his own album or anything? It looks like he just does a few tracks here and there but I really like his style

Contemplations of Life (2012)
In The Early Hours (2013)
Illumination (2013)
Many Reasons (2013)
Better Frame of Mind (2014)

IrishNinja

finally getting into picking up vinyl here & there, and...is there anywhere to get Nujabes & Uyama records for a fair price? because damn

Jaroof

finally getting into picking up vinyl here & there, and...is there anywhere to get Nujabes & Uyama records for a fair price? because damn

Not that I know of :(

If there were, I would've had them already.

Also....

NOO JOWSUFF JAYKUBS

Edit:
New Evil Needle x Sivey release due today.

Edit2:
YESYESYES
Nak's Facebook page said:
10304341_699066383474713_3118828254830859777_n.png

Get this post up to 100 likes and I will release the track tonight. If not, watch out for it tomorrow!

NAK of ARTIFEX on an emancipator beat?! YES!! I can't wait to hear this.
It's already passed 100 likes.

Edit3:
Okay, the NAK/emancipator thing was kind of a disappointment.. he just rapped over "All Through the Night". I was hoping for an original beat.. but oh well..
And wow, is no one else crazy about Evil Needle like me? I'm loving the new release.
"Baby" is my shit.

Edit4:
Man, sorry for the long post, but...
HOT DAMN!
This track made me seek out and buy the album that it's from.

Edit5: Funky DL did a few tribute tracks to J. Dilla and Nujabes.

Jaroof

alright gents, where's the best place for jazz hop stuff on instagram, i'm just finding random nujabes pages so far

Only Jazz-Hop page I follow is nujabes_page.. all they do is just post random Nujabes photos/artwork with songs attached to them. Nothin' special..

On another note, I just showed Emancipator Kinack's music!
He dug it. Maybe he can get in contact with him and get him on board with Loci Records!
I think he'd make a nice fit.. seeing as how Loci Records is all about that nature-themed hip-hop music.

Jaroof

friends and family 3 out august 15th

Yup. Looking forward to that.
Unfortunately, bob42jh has to take a bit of a hiatus from the music scene to take care of personal things. :/

He'll definitely return, though.

This new Mr. KiD track is smooovness.

Also, DLoaw uploaded this track recently.

Did anyone else go see Emancipator Ensemble? Please tell me somebody else got to see that amazing show..
Emancipator has yet to disappoint me. Such great shows.

Super-chill beats.

Also, yay. Saw Jenova 7 post this on his Facebook today!
10431963_688353631241662_1367533041_n.jpg

Top Bottom