• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Lord tweets "Sieg Heil!" at Media Matters president; fired by CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!

Y'know, on one hand, I'm actually kind of happy, because there's no more subtlety. It's out there now. The racism, the white supremacy, the sexism. The hatred. It is there, in your face. On Twitter, on YouTube, you can find it. EASILY.

On the other hand, despite it being so visible, it feels like there's no real backlash. It just feels like folks are keeping their eyes down, shoulders slumped, and trying to just get past all of this.

*sigh*

Shauni

Y'know, on one hand, I'm actually kind of happy, because there's no more subtlety. It's out there now. The racism, the white supremacy, the sexism. The hatred. It is there, in your face. On Twitter, on YouTube, you can find it. EASILY.

On the other hand, despite it being so visible, it feels like there's no real backlash. It just feels like folks are keeping their eyes down, shoulders slumped, and trying to just get past all of this.

*sigh*

I mean, if there was no real backlash, Jeffery Lord would still have a job right now. The amount of donations to groups like the ACLU and SPLC wouldn't be at record high. We wouldn't be having these conversations in multiple southern states to remove Confederate symbols and statues, and etc. Ideally, this would be crushed throughly, sure, but no backlash whatsoever is hyperbole I feel

One one hand, I'd like to praise CNN for firing him.

On the other hand, they hired him in the first place and are looking right now for another shitmouth Trump surrogate to sit in front of their Feel Good Firing Squad to replace him.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
LOL at him getting fired. Amazing.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It's almost like hiring supporters of a manbaby white supremacist fascist liar who has no idea what he's doing turned out to not be such a great idea!

Gutek

*sigh*

That’s still a lot of subtlety for these people. Next election cycle they’ll straight up call Obama the n word.

Slayven

It really does show how much they rely on Democrat scapegoats to function.
Hell they still do it even though Democrats have no power in the three branches.
Somehow Obama and Clinton are still at fault through spine-breaking mental gymnastics.

We're at the point where Brietbart's financial guy is screaming about Vanity Fair including the Statue of Liberty on the cover with Jennifer Lawrence because it's somehow "anti-American" now. I couldn't comprehend what he meant.
It's clear they're all losing viewers and they're lashing out for it.

What? ....You know what, I don't even want to know anymore

Oriel

He did exactly what CNN asked of him; say outlandish shit to get panels going. This guy should have been an unknown but instead he's a constant fixture on a channel that claims to be legitimate.

It's why CNN is literally worse than Fox and deserves all the mocking and taunts from the Trump trolls. At least Fox is open about what it is: a far right, pro Trump, extremist propaganda outlet that dispenses with any attempts at getting boths sides of the argument to instead peddle complete fiction.

On the flipside you have MSNBC which has been doing some cracking work in squaring up to Dump and his fascist regime recently. CNN however insists on always playing devil's advocate and attempting to provide equal airtime to deranged Trump surrogates pushing their lies and bullshit. Many times there aren't two sides to a story. I swear if there was a discussion on the Flat Earth "theory" they'd have "for" and "against" panelists allowed equal airtime.

So fuck them and their balance falacy. Trying to please both sides by sitting on the fence and ending up with splinters in their ass instead as everyone berates them.

Apt101

I'm convinced Lord is a troll. He sits on those panels and tells big, bold-faced lies. He knows that we know he's lying. And the other panelists just had to sit there and indulge him. I suppose that's what CNN thought was entertaining, but it was just so sad to watch. Like, you used to be the actual news, CNN.

At least they fired him.

Shauni

It's why CNN is literally worse than Fox and deserves all the mocking and taunts from the Trump trolls. At least Fox is open about what it is: a far right, pro Trump, extremist propaganda outlet that dispenses with any attempts at getting boths sides of the argument to instead peddle complete fiction.

On the flipside you have MSNBC which has been doing some cracking work in squaring up to Dump and his fascist regime recently. CNN however insists on always playing devil's advocate and attempting to provide equal airtime to deranged Trump surrogates pushing their lies and bullshit. Many times there aren't two sides to a story. I swear if there was a discussion on the Flat Earth "theory" they'd have "for" and "against" panelists allowed equal airtime.

So fuck them and their balance falacy. Trying to please both sides by sitting on the fence and ending up with splinters in their ass instead as everyone berates them.

As many issues as CNN has, to literally say they are as bad as Fox is a profoundly ignorant thing to say

Nafai1123

Banned
I hope he never gets another job as long as he lives.

...but of course he will, getting paid infinitely more than he deserves.

WillyFive

As many issues as CNN has, to literally say they are as bad as Fox is a profoundly ignorant thing to say

Yeah, CNN doesn't actually conduct smear campaigns and harassment to capitalize on talking points of a political party.

CNN is trash, but not evil.

Link

The Autumn Wind

While I completely agree with your criticisms of CNN, comparing them to Fox News is way off base.

Oriel

While I completely agree with your criticisms of CNN, comparing them to Fox News is way off base.

It's worse in the sense that they're all over the fucking place with no coherency or direction. Fox is straight up fascism but at least its focused on a singular objective, namely to defend Trump with all its energy. Likewise MSNBC has been laser focused on holding the WH to account and not let them get away with their bullshit.

However if we're evaluating news channels solely on content then Fox is hands down the worst.

Hope this has provided some clarification.

I'm convinced Lord is a troll. He sits on those panels and tells big, bold-faced lies. He knows that we know he's lying. And the other panelists just had to sit there and indulge him. I suppose that's what CNN thought was entertaining, but it was just so sad to watch. Like, you used to be the actual news, CNN.

At least they fired him.
That's pretty much the vibe I got from him. Didn't Anderson Cooper say to him "if trump took a dump on the president's desk you'd defend it" or something like that?

remist

The OP should add the context. It's still idiotic and tasteless, but there is a big difference between using the salute to accuse someone else of nazi-like behavior and using it to glorify Nazism.

I followed that rabbit hole to the bottom and Jesus fuck. Lord writes an article that tries to smear Media Matters as a George Soros funded group. Media Matters points out that they have only one Soros donation, in 2010. Lord quadruples down and screams fascist in an unhinged follow up article. Media Matters responds when he tweets the story. Lord tweets back and hings get Hitlery. Lord is not endorsing Hitler, he's just Godwining, but it's still fucked up.

mlclmtckr

Banned
I followed that rabbit hole to the bottom and Jesus fuck. Lord writes an article that tries to smear Media Matters as a George Soros funded group. Media Matters points out that they have only one Soros donation, in 2010. Lord quadruples down and screams fascist in an unhinged follow up article. Media Matters responds when he tweets the story. Lord tweets back and hings get Hitlery. Lord is not endorsing Hitler, he's just Godwining, but it's still fucked up.

I love how Lord's article reads like he dictated it while crashing from a coke binge

I actually said "Jesus H. Christ" reading this thread title. And the Tweet is still there! :O

He's among the worst of the worst Trump surrogates that CNN hired, which isn't really saying much since they're all trash. I stopped watching the network months ago since I couldn't take any more of their bullshit attempts at playing both sides.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
i dont even get it.

he thinks the guy he is replying to is a fascist trying to stifle free speech because he's complaining about Sean Hannity in an article or something. I think he thinks it's a joke but apparently his history is a little uhhh and maybe not so much.

I'm guessing with Donald Trump's poll numbers starting to dip inside the toilet rim, CNN no longer has a use for Jeffrey Lord.

Because on the face, he's said far more inflammatory things than this. The context of the tweet is that he was accusing someone else of Nazi behavior. I teach my kids not to make Nazi comparisons in jest, but people do it all the time. Every day on this forum there is at least a half dozen people that compare Trump or this WH admin to Nazis. So in context, I don't see Jeffrey's tweet as overly shocking. He's also a political hack, not a politician, so he has a bit of latitude to say stupid shit. His mistake was making a very vague tweet that easily could be misinterpreted.

That said, he was a completely useless commentator. He never added a legitimate conservative viewpoint or perspective to the panels, he was simply trotting out Trump propaganda. with lots of inflammatory rhetoric. CNN knew what they were doing because they kept him on for so long. I just wish he was fired for all the other insane things he's said on-air, instead CNN basically made him a martyr among most Republicans as another victim of the PC media.

Apparently, firing Jeff was a mistake as Nan Hayworth is a going to take his place. She's the combination of both Jeff and Kayleigh McEnany.

At least they fired him.

yes, this shit where Jeffrey Lord, Roger Stone, Sekulow, whoever just sits on a cam or panel and says literally fuckin whatever, and constantly gets taken in good faith, and by the time you try to to analyze or critique anything said they're on to the next soundbyte. Repeat 2 or 3 times, commercials. It ain't fuckin news.

RootCause

Apparently, firing Jeff was a mistake as Nan Hayworth is a going to take his place. She's the combination of both Jeff and Kayleigh McEnany.
And that's why CNN is trash, and I'll never give them a single view. Just irresponsible bs as usual.
They also hired Corey after Trump dropped him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom