• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden suggests final Fantasy 7 Remake and Final Fantasy 16 might be coming to Xbox afterall

playbignbox

Neo Member
I think the games have lost their hype, but it's nice for Xbox players to have the option to play them, I really liked both.

Regarding sales, I believe that Xbox will increase the number of copies sold by a maximum of 10%... which would be a potential of approximately 1kk for both games combined, in addition to a possible deal on Game Pass and addition to xCloud... since the costs of ports are low, I believe it's worth it.

akira__

I wonder if FFXVI will have better IQ on the stronger Xbox Series X
I'm certain that DF would be make that case if ever comes out.

Just a few days ago they tried telling they created similar pc settings and got like for like performance with wukong.

Anyone with working eyes can see its not nearly the same image quality and the framerate is 10% behind. But since they are not hindered by knowledge or reality, wild claims are made.

Could even be thread on it's own. Because the video is wild.

Last edited:

Klayzer

This dude really can't keep Final Fantasy's dick out of his mouth, can he?

Endlessly obsessed, yet doesn't even play the games 🤔. He's gonna keep saying this until sometime at last, it becomes true, just in time to tell his grandchildren.

Bingo. It finally hit me earlier this year when Phil Spencer was crying about Helldivers 2, and I just thought "Why do we spend so much time talking about Xbox? Is it natural or by design?"

Turns out it's by design; MS and shills/influencers in the media keep revolving gaming topics around Xbox, even when Xbox has nothing to do with the topic at hand...unless it's a failure for one of the other brands (mainly PlayStation) in which case they're fine with just focusing on that platform (like we just saw with Concord).

But particularly any time it looks like there are big new exclusive releases and incoming actual news for PlayStation coming around, suddenly we start hearing about these Xbox "rumors" that 80% of the time never manifest into anything substantial. It's not about if they become true; it's simply about keeping Xbox in the conversation.

There's a reason I've been intently not talking about Xbox that much since earlier this year; I didn't want to be part of the problem.
Spot on analysis.
ONVJ4bE.gif

I think the games have lost their hype, but it's nice for Xbox players to have the option to play them, I really liked both.

Regarding sales, I believe that Xbox will increase the number of copies sold by a maximum of 10%... which would be a potential of approximately 1kk for both games combined, in addition to a possible deal on Game Pass and addition to xCloud... since the costs of ports are low, I believe it's worth it.

If the cost of ports were low, the games would've been there by now.

These fabricated rumors to "balance things out" in the long run only hurt the Xbox

Sooner or later everyone stops taking any positive rumor about the Xbox seriously and it becomes impossible to reverse it, this of course in the real world with the real consumer. The trained Xbox fanboys think these rumors are the best.

There is so much *noise in the Xbox communication medium that no one listens anymore.
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communication_noise

Xbox's tactic is to create noise in the media, since they have nothing to communicate, and to harm PlayStation's communication.

The "full rdna2" and "only we have sustainable performance" circus was an example of this tactic.

Sony did the right thing, ignored the MS circus and focused on games. They left the Xbox alone explaining the buzzwords of "power" and explaining themselves later when they lost in all the multiplatforms at the consoles' launch.

What I find most despicable about Xbox is this disgusting and desperate tactic of "please pay attention to me"

Yeah, it all shows how Microsoft don't have the mentality of a market leader, so then when I see some people theorizing and hoping and begging they become a market leader, I'm just like...why? To see them drop the ball in record time?

A company like Microsoft becoming the market leader would do some major, irreversible harm to the market, because the way they've been conducting themselves as a 3rd-place platform shows they don't have the leadership to maintain a lead long-term or do what's best for the market even if they somehow got lucky. I'd rather companies that have proven (much more often than not) they have their shit together, and carry their platform & partners well even when times get hard (i.e PS3, 3DS) get the market share and mindshare they've earned.

Thankfully, that's been happening with Sony, Nintendo, and Valve. Microsoft's exhibited none of it so they have exactly the market share they deserve (actually they deserve less; COVID and shortages gave Xbox an artificial boost this gen) and it's about time they got the mindshare to match that.

One of the editors at vg247 posted this on era regarding this.

Let's say FF IX Remake, as an example: that is one game I can 100% see being at least a PS5/Switch 2/PC Day 1 release, maybe even Day 1 on Xbox as well (no Game Pass). But it could just as easily skip Xbox Day 1 and show up a year later as a Game Pass deal.

But people like Jez can't think of it in this way; it HAS to be FF VII and they have to ALL be coming to Xbox because in his heart, all he's wanted is for Xbox to be a carbon copy of PlayStation. When Xbox chasing that, has been one of the bigger reasons for its sales collapse in the market (who needs an inferior wannabe when the real deal is right there?)

Last edited:

Stafford

Dude has said this a long time ago too. The whole slate thing, yet here we are.

I am so over the whole thing, just bring these games or stfu, to be honest.

Sony never should have paid for timed exclusivity for these games in the first place, xbox fans don't buy enough square games to be any kind of a threat anyway. Also I don't really like the idea of platform holders paying 3rd parties for exclusives in the first place, I don't like when MS does it (they've done it plenty) or when Sony does it.

akira__

Sony never should have paid for timed exclusivity for these games in the first place, xbox fans don't buy enough square games to be any kind of a threat anyway. Also I don't really like the idea of platform holders paying 3rd parties for exclusives in the first place, I don't like when MS does it (they've done it plenty) or when Sony does it.
Back then the rumors was that sony partially funded development. Plus the creators mention doing the remake to push ps4 sales in japan explicitly.

Link for discussion back in the day.
Thread 'Final Fantasy 7 Remake Announced (First on PS4)' https://www.neogaf.com/threads/final-fantasy-7-remake-announced-first-on-ps4.1063761/

Link to boosting ps4 sales(popularity)

SkylineRKR

How is FFVII Remake and Rebirth anything like FFXIII?

Remake is quite similar in art direction, gameplay (auto jump etc) and level layout. Also has stagger mechanic ofcourse. Remake however has more interaction, and a more versatile battle system. But in terms of art direction, dialogue and characters they are very similar. Remake reminded me a lot of a better XIII.

Rebirth is an expanded version of this with a more open design and much more to do.

ManaByte

Both Remake and Rebirth aren't coming until 2025, but they're coming to Switch 2 and Xbox. They'll probably have a new subtitle like "Intergrade" too.

GHound

People who kept saying FFX would be on something other than PlayStation since its launch on PS2 were eventually right too.

Stu_Hart

Neo Member
I am not sure about FF16 as that game is one of the most boring FF games to date. Many people I know didn't bother to finish the game and just stopped playing. I rushed to finish the game myself and the ending was meh. FF16 was also forgotten quite quickly as 2023 had way better games than FF16. Getting the FF7 remake series on xbox series consoles and maybe even a switch 2 should be the priority.

Last edited:

ManaByte

I am not sure about FF16 as that game is one of the most boring FF games to date. Many people I know didn't bother to finish the game and just stopped playing. I rushed to finish the game myself and the ending was meh. FF16 was also forgotten quite quickly as 2023 had way better games than FF16. Getting the FF7 remake series on xbox series consoles and maybe even a switch 2 should be the priority.

I stopped after the space godzilla boss fight.

Goalus

Merry Christmas, Xbox. Hope you like crap!
Looks like the tone has changed quite a bit since the games released.
I remember a time when they were the best thing that ever happened to Playstation. Although, reading between the lines it was obvious from the beginning that they were just mediocre. Not bad, but not particularly good either.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I hear Xbox fans want Forspoken on Xbox. SE should prioritize this instead.
I'd take Forspoken on Xbox honestly. I'm sure FFXVI is likely the better game but I already played it and wasn't crazy about it.

My 1st choices for port requests are all lesser known stuff. Star Ocean 2, I Am Setsuna, Voice of Cards, Valkyrie Elsium, Actraiser. I would try FFVII but after a price cut, since I'm not really crazy about VII anyway.

Totally worth an extra 50k copies it would generate.
Square has no choice since it takes so long for development leading to skipping new gamers.Xbox falls into this category, skip a group and they won’t care instead we have growth in Sega rpgs. Makes you wonder who is the mysterious backer of Sega for game investment? (Referring to old r/gaming leaks for unknown backer some year/s ago).

Take 3+ years to make new game and wonder why younger players think ff is for old people.

Off topic but SE related; a reimagining of blood omen would sell over final fantasy in the west. Unfortunately square enix can’t see it considering souls is successful. Maybe they should become a mobile game company.

Stafford

Jez really has been saying this *whole slate" thing since last year or even longer. I'm over this nonsense, lmao.

Even if 16 and 7R are not releasing this year, SE should still announce them. Get it over with already.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Jez really has been saying this *whole slate" thing since last year or even longer. I'm over this nonsense, lmao.

Even if 16 and 7R are not releasing this year, SE should still announce them. Get it over with already.
If they dont say anything at TGS everyone has reason to be annoyed / skeptical.

Stafford

If they dont say anything at TGS everyone has reason to be annoyed / skeptical.

Oh man, I'm gonna be so done with this shit if nothing is announced, lol. By the way the dev spoke recently it sounded like anything could happen. Something about how he would love to see FF coming to Xbox.

Maybe he did that on purpose, maybe not.

The more I see and hear of this guy, the more I suspect he’s a phoney, stringing people along using whatever contacts he has to keep as many Xbox fans engaged for as long possible, collecting a nice few bonus super chats with that Rand guy along the way.

If the console was to cease in Microsoft’s plans he would not give a shit whatsoever .

Top Bottom