• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Grexeno

It's kind of funny that we're calling it a budget episode when it's still better animated than every other show
The other episodes set such a high bar. This is by no means a bad looking episode of anime, but it definitely feels like they're saving up for some episodes coming up very soon.

Sou Da

I don't remember Jotaro giving some BJ esque poetic lamenting about how humanity affects nature in the manga. Was it added?

Astral

I hope people are starting to like Jotaro more. Just look at that outfit. Look at how hilariously calm he is throughout the episode.

ionitron

My only complaint is that they cut out this incredible line:

971pkMY.png

lol

Oh God I seriously wish they included this! This was the line I was actually waiting for lol.

When I read this in the manga, I kid you not people, the humor/character interaction between Josuke and Jotaro and the next chapter just made me read the whole part nonstop afterwards and I very quickly fell in love with it. It really got me hooked.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Very tense episode this week and gruesome too! It's weird that they didn't go out on their way to mention that the rats are called Ratt.

That's pretty impressive. Where did you see that?

If you look at the last page of credits in the ED, there's one guy credited for animation direction, key animation, in-between check, and design assistance. There are no other key animators credited.

Of course, solo animation episodes do not necessarily mean strong animation - that depends on the skill level of the animator - but it does mean the schedule isn't particularly rushed.

If you look at the last page of credits in the ED, there's one guy credited for animation direction, key animation, in-between check, and design assistance. There are no other key animators credited.

Of course, solo animation episodes do not necessarily mean strong animation - that depends on the skill level of the animator - but it does mean the schedule isn't particularly rushed.

jeez I wonder what causes that sort of organization.

jett

D-Member
ZA WARUDO

Episode was okay, but ZA WARUDO was hype. I'm really impressed by the quality of each key frame. The animation this season looks "final" instead of something that has to be cleaned up on blu-ray. This season has been really consistent visually.

Mista Koo

That was a great and very intense episode. My heart was beating hard since the first close up on the rat face scared the hell out of me. For some reason the rats felt much more intimidating than the humans.
I liked Jotaro going all mentory and Josuke doubting himself. Side note: this sentence made me realize how Josuke is never called Jojo!

The shared/duplicate stand thing felt weird, I was expecting a twist that the stands are only similar but do different things. Oh and as if Star Platinum wasn't overpowered enough it can now double as an assortment of guns (it's cool I guess, power levels aside).

Episode 16

This was a good episode. Good, not great. It sort of felt like a episode you would see in the SC adaptation. There wasn't much of the great transitions that made the DiU adaptation special to me in this one. That being said, considering this was key animated by one guy, it's impressive. The art was great.

Ratt (the Stand) was creepy as hell, though it was annoying seeing the meat cube censored. Guess I'll have to wait for the BDs. Overall, it wasn't as good as the last two eps, but it was still better than a lot of other shows out there at their strongest.

vanty

That was a great and very intense episode. My heart was beating hard since the first close up on the rat face scared the hell out of me. For some reason the rats felt much more intimidating than the humans.
I liked Jotaro going all mentory and Josuke doubting himself. Side note: this sentence made me realize how Josuke is never called Jojo!

The shared/duplicate stand thing felt weird, I was expecting a twist that the stands are only similar but do different things. Oh and as if Star Platinum wasn't overpowered enough it can now double as an assortment of guns (it's cool I guess, power levels aside).

I'm pretty sure the bullies in the first episode called him JoJo and it's supposed to be insulting.

Madao

DIO would be so jealous of that Rat. not even Za Warudo cornered Jotaro like that.

speaking of the Rat, how did it turn others into meat cubes? i get that the missiles melted them but what about the part about making them cubes? did they just roll them up?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Also, did anyone else notice that they reused that stardust crusaders track at the end of the episode? lol

I love how expressive Josuke is in this episode. The art direction in this episode feels more bulky than usual, but I absolutely love the level of detail put into it and the colour palette that they chose to go with (nnnnnngh at that sunset colour scheme).

Where the fuck is Mickey though?! 0/10

Also, did anyone else notice that they reused that stardust crusaders track at the end of the episode? lol
Lol yeah, I'm like wtf why use that now? Idk, maybe they needed to that with both old Jojo protags to signify passing the torch

DIO would be so jealous of that Rat. not even Za Warudo cornered Jotaro like that.

speaking of the Rat, how did it turn others into meat cubes? i get that the missiles melted them but what about the part about making them cubes? did they just roll them up?
MEAT ROLLA DA!!

Look at this guy who doesn't form his melted rats and people into cubes. Get with the times, Madao. Everyone, even rats, do it. Geez.

Opto

Banned
Can't wait to see what all the melted flesh actually looks like. This was terra formers level of blacking out violence

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah figured people would love the hungry rat fight. Weird about the censors though when they clearly didn't censor certain parts.

Even in the manga they didn't show Josuke healing the couple. So it made me wonder if they ever were healed.

Yeah figured people would love the hungry rat fight. Weird about the censors though when they clearly didn't censor certain parts.

Even in the manga they didn't show Josuke healing the couple. So it made me wonder if they ever were healed.
So Josuke most likely just left an elderly couple in the fridge as a conjoined meat cube like they were last weeks meat loaf?

Grexeno

We see Jotaro calling the Speedwagon Foundation Rescue Squad or something after they leave the kitchen, so you can assume Josuke healed them off-screen.

Miura died a long time ago, that's why Berserk has so many hiatuses -- it's an intern painstakingly drawing every page based on notes.
Maybe it's a corpse reanimated by the Edo Tensei Jutsu and every hiatus is because it managed to break the jutsu. Do they ever go into the hiring process of the Speedwagon Foundation? I imagine to be one weird ass internship.

Top Bottom