• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Mista Koo

Now that's a stand that is useful in real life, we need more of these.
I thought the episode was great, until I realized there would be a part two!

Spongebob's bizarre adventure

W1tKebe.png

This one killed me.

are we going to get a new Ending any time soon?

Guess Who

Banned
As a song, Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town just had a weak chorus, but too much of the animation seemed thrown-together (especially the entire chorus bit where it's everyone just walking by in front of spinning map of Morioh).

You might not like the song, but the animation for Chase is a huge step up.

Breads

Banned
Bloody Stream and Sono Chi no Kioku are by far the best OPs.

I am so tired of people pretending Sono Chi no Sadame is the best.

Your songu is shit.

I am so tired of people pretending Sono Chi no Sadame is the best.

Your songu is shit.
I didn't realize how good Sono Chi no Kioku was till I heard the whole thing, now it's in my top 3. Bloody Stream, Sono Chi no Kioku and Sono Chi no Sadame are my favorites. Chase is actually pretty good too though, just not top tier.

JMTHEFOX

I love every song, but for me, Stand Proud and CNBT (both original and EDM versions) are tied for first while Jojo ~Sono Chi no Sadame~ and Bloody Stream are tied for second place with End of The World coming in third.

Lunar15

I think Chase is actually favorite song of all of them. It so perfectly fits the time, mood, and setting of the second half of Part 4.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sono Chi no Kioku is the worst op though. The hints to the different deaths and the altered Dio version are nice but the song feels like three different songs plastered together in a Frankenstein-esque manner--which was the whole point of the song, though that doesn't necessarily make it good.

Bloody Stream's still the best.

cntr

Banned
Jojo sources its licensed music from Warner Music Japan, since they fund the anime. Queen's distributed by UMC in Japan, so probably won't happen.

that said lol you can't compare them to the Beatles, licensing their music is all but impossible

Sono Chi no Kioku is the worst op though. The hints to the different deaths and the altered Dio version are nice but the song feels like three different songs plastered together in a Frankenstein-esque manner--which was the whole point of the song, though that doesn't necessarily make it good.

latest

but really there is a ton of hidden stuff in Sono Chi no Kioku, just saying it only hinted the death is a disservice to the amount of stuff in the OP but hey if it's hints towards deaths you care about, it did it a whole lot better that Bloody Stream

and well music mainly comes down to personal taste in the end, but i still think you have bad taste

Jojo sources its licensed music from Warner Music Japan, since they fund the anime. Queen's distributed by UMC in Japan, so probably won't happen.

that said lol you can't compare them to the Beatles, licensing their music is all but impossible
Does that dead insane guy still own the Beatles music?

In my opinion, you can't get any hyper than bring all the other guys who performed the previous OPs together to make ones giant eargasm of an OP for the climax of one of the most iconic parts of the most iconic manga series becoming an iconic anime.

Iconic

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
latest

but really there is a ton of hidden stuff in Sono Chi no Kioku, just saying it only hinted the death is a disservice to the amount of stuff in the OP but hey if it's hints towards deaths you care about, it did it a whole lot better that Bloody Stream

and well music mainly comes down to personal taste in the end, but i still think you have bad taste

I was only mentioning a couple things I liked about it to show that I do kinda like it, and yeah, there are plenty of other hints in the op (the shadows showing off the Egyptian god Stands, the use of clocks to reference The World, the subtle heartbeat sound in the beginning possibly being a hint to Jotaro stopping his heart, etc.). I like all of the ops from a visual perspective, though I think Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is weaker than the rest of them. That second half of the sentence was talking about the two songs themselves and not the visuals. I don't really like the song at all, which felt really disappointing after Sono Chi no Sadame, Bloody Stream, and Stand Proud. It never grew on me, either.

The OP itself isn't really bad, because the visuals and various hints make up for the song, but it's definitely my least favorite jojo OP. I can't help my bad taste.

In my opinion, you can't get any hyper than bring all the other guys who performed the previous OPs together to make ones giant eargasm of an OP for the climax of one of the most iconic parts of the most iconic manga series becoming an iconic anime.

Iconic

The song's a great idea on iconic paper, but I don't like the actual execution.

Fbh

So... not to sound like I'm not enjoying this (it's still fun) but: does this season ever get an actual main plot?.

The past 2 seasons have also relied heavily on the "stand of the week" formula, but having a main story with a defiend end goal and having every encounter feel like its building towards that l made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable.

The bow and arrow sounded like they could be interesting but they never did much with them, then there was the electric stand which was bulding up to be the big bad guy but was then dealt with and never mentioned again. Now last week looked like it was building towards something but then it was quickly followed up by a 2 part "unrelated stand of the week" story.

Damn right Sono Chi no Kioku. It's kinda weird which fits with the show, it's really hype, they made that cool thing with the world in the end, and if I'm not mistaken it's the guys from the last 3 openings singing together. Full version is also great (one of the 3 in particular gets super into it by the end lol)

cntr

Banned
The show will get an end goal.

But the plot's been here from the start: Morioh, and how it's a crazy noisy murder bizarre town.

Soriku

So... not to sound like I'm not enjoying this (it's still fun) but: does this season ever get an actual main plot?.

The past 2 seasons have also relied heavily on the "stand of the week" formula, but having a main story with a defiend end goal and having every encounter feel like its building towards that l made the whole thing a lot more enjoyable.

The bow and arrow sounded like they could be interesting but they never did much with them, then there was the electric stand which was bulding up to be the big bad guy but was then dealt with and never mentioned again. Now last week looked like it was building towards something but then it was quickly followed up by a 2 part "unrelated stand of the week" story.

They've been building up Kira (from last episode, also the end of the current ending) for a while now. Just subtly. Eventually they're gonna go after him.

Kurtofan

Everything from last week's episode onwards is linked.

Mista Koo

Sono Chi no Sadame is the best OP. Both the imagery and the song are unique and stylized, or you could say bizarre.
Not sure about the rest because each one has weak stuff:

• Bloody Stream visuals are boring for the most part.
  • Stand Proud is a fairly generic song, also has similar visuals to the one after it.
  • Sono Chi no Kioku is not a good song to me, and besides that one shot (where the crusaders line up and then switch to their stands) it's more of the same.
  • Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town has amazing 10 seconds (intro and outro) and funky music. But half of both the visuals and the song are garbage. Also it's not 3D.
  • Chase is a fairly generic song, also not 3D.
But I guess we can all agree that Roundabout is the best ending, right? right?

Betty

Banned
Roundabout, Walk like an Egyption and Last Train Home are all amazing.

I'll add DiU's I want you to that list but I kinda wish they'd change it up now we're past the halfway point of the series.

Tall4Life

Episode 18 was kind of disappointing for me, especially after 17 which really moved the plot and villain forward. I was hoping that they'd build on that but it seems like we're getting 2 episodes of this instead. Ugh. The whole thing has overstayed its welcome too. This is probably my least favorite episode so far, not very GUREITO.

Diamond is unbreakable works on a cowboy bebop/champloo structure where there's a main goal but most episodes/arcs do what they want.

The difference in DiU is that everything is linked somehow, in both minor and major ways. It's a connected story told in a kind of scrambled way.

Top Bottom