• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Kthulhu

So people aren't enjoying Seinfeld with Stands?

Does this mean Part 8 is It's Always Sunny with stands?

Are you surprised someone like this would sing about JoJo?

Cf8oasiWIAAgdyx.jpg

Blues1990

Unlike his hotty mom ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Speaking of which, I can't be the only one who thinks Tomoko should've got a stand. I mean, this woman is a Grade-A hard ass with a strong temperament, and is more than happy to curve stomp men who try to hit on her.

Could you imagine how terrifying what kind of "Punch Ghost" she could recieve from the bow n' arrow?

Kthulhu

Speaking of which, I can't be the only one who thinks Tomoko should've got a stand. I mean, this woman is a Grade-A hard ass with a strong temperament, and is more than happy to curve stomp men who try to hit on her.

Could you imagine how terrifying what kind of "Punch Ghost" she could recieve from the bow n' arrow?

You are not the only one. We don't really get amazing female JoJo characters until Part 6. There are plenty of good ones, but none that really get fleshed out.

If anybody new to Jojo hasn't seen this interview before then they should now. Shoko's wacky, but it's fun seeing Araki, I need to give this a rewatch myself.
Araki Hirohiko Interview: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure【English Subbed】1/3
she's living the dream

64ab75dea9d4606932a495bbae49a5621429522314_full.png

surprised she hasn't put a pokemon in her mouth yet, although I remember commenting that "she'd want Greninja to lick her"
tumblr_nfdk30RT6Y1r8sc3ro2_1280.jpg

Ummm....
CkYHSv9XIAABXi8.jpg

cntr

Banned
For what it's worth, Araki's attempts to do so were frequently foiled by editors, like trying to make Lisa Lisa fight Kars or give Josuke a girlfriend

(not 100% sure if true, knowledge filtering across from Japan is weird)

Blues1990

You are not the only one. We don't really get amazing female JoJo characters until Part 6. There are plenty of good ones, but none that really get fleshed out.

Yeah, as someone who was introduced to the manga with reading Part 6 (and has only watched the anime adaptations of the previous parts, starting with Phantom Blood), it started to get to me with how incredibly inept some of the female characters are. I mean, who in their right mind would invite a stranger into their own house, claiming that "he's good friends with Koichi"?!

Kthulhu

Yeah, as someone who was introduced to the manga with reading Part 6 (and has only watched the anime adaptations of the previous parts, starting with Phantom Blood), it started to get to me with how incredibly inept some of the female characters are. I mean, who in their right mind would invite a stranger into their own house, claiming that "he's good friends with Koichi"?!

I was referring more to how Lisa Lisa and Yukako don't get enough screen time or character development, but yeah, that too.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

Japan is a different country where things like that actually happen.

I was referring more to how Lisa Lisa and Yukako don't get enough screen time or character development, but yeah, that too.
I recently watched Lisa Lisa job to Cars again...it was stupid. It's like my least favorite part of Battle Tendency. I actually do want more Yukako, sounds like I'm not going to get that.

Kthulhu

I recently watched Lisa Lisa job to Cars again...it was stupid. It's like my least favorite part of Battle Tendency. I actually do want more Yukako, sounds like I'm not going to get that.

I wouldn't really go as far as to call it jobbing. She kinda had to lose to him, if she beat him, there would be no reason for Joseph to fight him.

I wouldn't really go as far as to call it jobbing. She kinda had to lose to him, if she beat him, there would be no reason for Joseph to fight him.
She could've beat him and Cars still could've found a way to go Ultimate Cars. The guy was a cheating asshole so I'm pretty sure Araki could've devised some plan that would make sense, but at the same time not make a hint of logical sense.

cntr

Banned
I assumed Araki intended it to go:
Lisa Lisa fights Kars
Kars is almost defeated but stabs Lisa Lisa unconscious via trickery, does the douchebag stuff
Germans bail Lisa Lisa and Joseph out, Speedwagon/Poco backstory happens
Kars pulls out the mask at the last moment, and all the Ultimate Kars stuff happens as usual

I say this because it's kind of weird how Kars is hurt by falling onto random crystals, almost like Araki was forced to change how Kars gets injured.

Reminder that Poco's sister didn't take shit from nobody.

images

%5BNutbladder%5D+JoJo's+Bizarre+Adventure+-+08+%5BEE069382%5D.mkv_snapshot_03.52_%5B2012.11.27_23.31.40%5D.jpg

latest

This woman was far feistier than Erina and Suzie Q.
Lisa Lisa fights Kars
Kars is almost defeated but stabs Lisa Lisa unconscious via trickery, does the douchebag stuff
Kars pulls out the mask at the last moment, and all the Ultimate Kars stuff happens as usual

I say this because it's kind of weird how Kars is hurt by falling onto random crystals, almost like Araki was forced to change how Kars gets injured.
Yeah I just wanted to see Lisa Lisa in a straight up fight and almost win, not get caught by a two piece combo and immediately have to get bailed out by Joseph.

A shame we didn't get the Crazy Diamond hammer in US version of Monster Hunter 3U

lxXHbKt.png

Yes, it heals your allies when you hit them. Look at that thing. Look at how awesome it is.

Nairume

Banned
Lisa Lisa fights Kars

Reading the translated interviews in the english releases of the JoJonium volumes, it sounds like Araki had a lot of points early on where he was trying to push against reader/editorial expectations and he had to end up compromising on certain things. He specifically calls out Joseph's design as being something he had to do in order to get away with telling the story he wanted to tell
(re: killing off Jonathan and switching characters)
, so it wouldn't surprise me if the stuff with Lisa Lisa was another case of that.

Kurtofan

I get why they did it but I'm still upset...

At least next week's episode is a one parter and then the Good Stuff is coming

PK Gaming

Shigechi is the worst because everyone has at least encountered a guy like him in their lives and it's always a deeply unpleasant experience.

Seeing him get wrecked at the end was so cathartic.

Matsukaze

Shigechi is the worst because everyone has at least encountered a guy like him in their lives and it's always a deeply unpleasant experience.

Seeing him get wrecked at the end was so cathartic.
I'd say he is nowhere near as bad as Mr. Rape Fantasy Psycho Hazamada. Heck, he's not even as bad as Tamami, because whereas Shigechi's douchebaggery is the product of delusion (being emotionally unstable and exceptionally dim-witted), Tamami 100% knows he's ripping folks off.

But to each his own.

I see Shigechi and Kira was added to the ED.

But oh man, Shigechi. Still so punchable in animated form. I'm trying to imagine a dub on how Josuke and Okuyasu sound when drunk.

Reminder that Shigechi is somehow one of Araki's top 10 favorite characters at the time of part 6's beginning, ranking above Dio and just below Jotaro

FluxWaveZ

That kid's messed up. Okuyasu has better morals than he does.

Seems like the common thing would be to create a scenario where none of the characters got the money in the end to maintain the status quo, so it's relatively surprising that they actually managed to get it.

PK Gaming

I'd say he is nowhere near as bad as Mr. Rape Fantasy Psycho Hazamada. Heck, he's not even as bad as Tamami, because whereas Shigechi's douchebaggery is the product of delusion (being emotionally unstable and exceptionally dim-witted), Tamami 100% knows he's ripping folks off.

But to each his own.

Hazamada is a psycho and someone you wouldn't really meet irl.

Tamami's a piece of garbage but I don't think he precludes Shigechi from not being a shitty asshole either. Hell, Tamami wouldn't mutilate or even murder anyone for money either.

cntr

Banned
Seems like the common thing would be to create a scenario where none of the characters got the money in the end to maintain the status quo, so it's relatively surprising that they actually managed to get it.
Yeah, I don't know any series where the characters actually got the money at the end. Even the dramatic "tear up the check" scene is there.

Hazamada is a psycho and someone you wouldn't really meet irl.

Tamami's a piece of garbage but I don't think he precludes Shigechi from not being a shitty asshole either. Hell, Tamami wouldn't mutilate or even murder anyone for money either.

What does driving Koichi's mom to suicide count as

Top Bottom