• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Great episode

tumblr_ng9h7zDrI01u31860o3_540.jpg

tumblr_ng9h7zDrI01u31860o4_540.jpg

Crocodile

So like was Shigechi abused or something and that's why he's so fucking stupid? I mean this goes beyond greed, his personality basically did a 180 and he tried to kill people over a couple of grand. This is not a person I would be keen to befriend afterwards (though that applies to like all the Stand Users in this part aside from maybe Okuyasu but at least him & Josuke had some real bonding moments before Okuyasu's heel turn.

Reminder that Shigechi is somehow one of Araki's top 10 favorite characters at the time of part 6's beginning, ranking above Dio and just below Jotaro

jonw.gif

So like was Shigechi abused or something and that's why he's so fucking stupid? I mean this goes beyond greed, his personality basically did a 180 and he tried to kill people over a couple of grand. This is not a person I would be keen to befriend afterwards (though that applies to like all the Stand Users in this part aside from maybe Okuyasu but at least him & Josuke had some real bonding moments before Okuyasu's heel turn.

Well he didn't really have a high opinion of himself until josuke and okuyasu buttered him up and inflated his ego.

Matsukaze

Shigechi wasn't abused but mentally he is a few cents short of a dollar, if you catch my drift. Josuke and Okuyasu even comment on when they first meet him - he has low intelligence and his limited cunning, as noted by Okuyasu, is based on instinct more than anything else.

What's even more problematic for him is that Shigechi has lived an isolated life. As should be obvious, he has neither a functional understanding of social cues nor proper communication skills. He doesn't know how to properly behave around people and just lets his feelings dictate everything that comes out of his mouth. His mood swings run on polar extremes and his mind takes longer to process logical reasoning (like Josuke's rational basis for dividing the money).

EDIT:
Shigechi's also like, 13 years old.
And of course this, which is probably the most important factor.

Crocodile

Just as an aside, I feel there were multiple times during the episode (before he actually went ahead and did so) when Okuyasu could have used The Hand to great effect. Why run after Shigechi when you can just teleport towards him or make him teleport towards you?

Shigechi wasn't abused but mentally he is a few cents short of a dollar, if you catch my drift. Josuke and Okuyasu even comment on when they first meet him - he has low intelligence and his limited cunning, as noted by Okuyasu, is based on instinct more than anything else.

What's even more problematic for him is that Shigechi has lived an isolated life. As should be obvious, he has neither a functional understanding of social cues nor proper communication skills. He doesn't know how to properly behave around people and just lets his feelings dictate everything that comes out of his mouth. His mood swings run on polar extremes and his mind takes longer to process logical reasoning (like Josuke's rational basis for dividing the money).

But I mean to turn out that way (in addition to just being dumb) you have to have a TERRIBLE upbringing. Like "your parents kept you in a cage" style upbringing. I dunno, I'm just not a fan of the character and don't think he adds much to the narrative or crew. There were a few funny/cool moments over the past two episodes so I'm not going to say its a total wash. Just that Shigechi sucks!

Shigechi's also like, 13 years old.

I mean I remember being 13 years old and I wasn't a bi-polar (correct word to use?) moron who couldn't process basic logic or respond to social ques. I didn't have super powers either but still.

Astral

Looks like they're gonna keep the same ending until that tunnel is completely filled. I love what they're doing with it.

Great Episode.

Also the chapter change from the manga really surprised me and kinda makes sense.

But i hope its just one more week of waiting because i was already hyped for next week haha

In which: Okuyasu and Josuke beat up, rob, and bully a middle schooler.

I really just wanted to have a quiet life next week. Wish they didn't switch around events like this.

Fandangox

Just as an aside, I feel there were multiple times during the episode (before he actually went ahead and did so) when Okuyasu could have used The Hand to great effect. Why run after Shigechi when you can just teleport towards him or make him teleport towards you?

Because he is an idiot.

TWILT

Banned
Great episode this week as always. Not sure how I feel about Yukako Cinderella being next (mostly because I want it to be a quiet life already), but oh well, it makes sense.

Episode 19

Fun episode, though I admit that I was yelling at Okuyasu to use The Hand's power to bring Shigechi to him a long time before he actually did it. Also, Josuke, why didn't you point out to Shigechi that they would have been caught in the bank if he hadn't used Crazy Diamond.

I'm not sure how I feel about the chapter changes. I thought how the original was paced was weird, but it managed to work. I don't know how I feel about DP changes it; maybe they'll make it better? I don't know.

Madao

Episode 19

Fun episode, though I admit that I was yelling at Okuyasu to use The Hand's power to bring Shigechi to him a long time before he actually did it. Also, Josuke, why didn't you point out to Shigechi that they would have been caught in the bank if he hadn't used Crazy Diamond.

I'm not sure how I feel about the chapter changes. I thought how the original was paced was weird, but it managed to work. I don't know how I feel about DP changes it; maybe they'll make it better? I don't know.

to be fair, they changed the order of the reveal of ZA WARUDO back in SC and i felt the anime version was better.

DP certainly has the potential to improve whatever they change around.

to be fair, they changed the order of the reveal of ZA WARUDO back in SC and i felt the anime version was better.

DP certainly has the potential to improve whatever they change around.

Yeah. I realize that. It's just that changing something like The World's power reveal is comparatively small to changing the order of arcs around. It's a pretty big change. I agree with you on the anime doing the World's reveal better, and it didn't bother me because it was a pretty small change. I'm worried that flipping the arcs might take me out of the anime, since it feels like entire chapters worth of content will be out of place, instead of just a few pages.

That being said, I look forward to seeing how DP does this, and I certainly hope they manage to improve on Part 4. Their little changes so far have made things a lot better, and I hope them making a big change does the same.

Mortemis

Banned
Good episode. Josuke and Okuyasu's pose on the pipes had me rolling.

Looks like we gotta wait a little since they're changing it up but I'm hyped.

"Where is the plot" I hate that shit it's Ed, Edd, n Eddy with Stands what part about that doesn't appeal to someone?

ftfy, but I 100% agree. It's why this is my fav JoJo part.

Top Bottom