• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Togashi's better at defining and exploiting rules, but Araki's better at sheer ludicrous bullshit.

Also, I'm pretty sure Araki and Togashi are friends in real life; YYH and DiU ran alongside each other, wouldn't be surprised if they swapped some ideas.
This would explain so many things. Too bad they've never worked together. I think the both of them have traits that help balance out each other out on a product. Togashi would be able to help Araki narrow some shit down be less batshit and Araki would probably actually help Togashi just fucking write something.

Debirudog

This would explain so many things. Too bad they've never worked together. I think the both of them have traits that help balance out each other out on a product. Togashi would be able to help Araki narrow some shit down be less batshit and Araki would probably actually help Togashi just fucking write something.

Araki could also do all the art too. :p

Kthulhu

w4hg51c.jpg

Fandangox

No you don't understand, it wouldn't work out.

Togashi's Nen ability is that he can conjure some of the best shonen chapters in the business, but the condition is that he has to go through constant Hiatuses.

NEO0MJ

Huh. Never thought of it being bound to electrical source. Neat. Range is still pretty amazing with the potential speed/power it can develop, but at least not infinite.

Don't forget that it needs to recharge constantly. Would have been a pretty weak stand in SDC due to the gang being in remote areas.

No you don't understand, it wouldn't work out.

Togashi's Nen ability is that he can conjure some of the best shonen chapters in the business, but the condition is that he has to go through constant Hiatuses.
So him and Miura have the same Nen ability, though Togashi's must be way more potent.

Araki is an inter dimensional being, of course he is immortal. Jojo's Bizarre adventures is a recreation of his adventures in other dimensions.

Nottle

So far, we've seen:

short-range stands (Star Platinum, Crazy Diamond, Echoes), can't go far but are strong
long-range stands (Echoes, Hierophant Green), can go very far, but rely on their ability more than their strength
automatic stands (Thoth, Bastet), work without the user's input, and usually have huge or infinite ranges

swarm stands (Bad Company, Harvest), made up of multiple small units
bound stands (Wheel of Fortune, Strength, The Fool, Thoth), bound to a physical object

Didn't Mariah have to be within range for Bastet to have effect? Seems more like a bound stand she could apply to anything.

Stand categories are dumb!

Remember when Star Platinum grabbed a ton of shit that was well outside its range of a couple of meters when Jotaro was in jail?

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Quick question for those who know:

I've seen the name Yoshikage Kira in English pronounced as "Yoshikage Killa" and "Yoshikage Killer" in certain mediums(video games, cameos, etc). For the English translation is this correct or has it been translated wrong?

Matsukaze

I've seen the name Yoshikage Kira in English pronounced as "Yoshikage Killa" and "Yoshikage Killer" in certain mediums(video games, cameos, etc). For the English translation is this correct or has it been translated wrong?
Translated wrong.

Kira is just supposed to be Kira, with that hard r consonant sound.

Betty

Banned
Remember when Star Platinum grabbed a ton of shit that was well outside its range of a couple of meters when Jotaro was in jail?

Just assume he took it from people directly outside the jail or from the evidence room, voila.

Bigger wtf was Dio saying folk were outside his range during time stop, despite the fact he can fly and cover a ton of ground to make up for the range issue.

Squishy3

Yeah that's just an error or it sounds like that.

A lot of puns center around the word killer (Death Note is the one that comes to mind, where Light chooses Kira as his name because of how Japanese people pronounce killer) but in this case it's just his given name.

Guess Who

Banned

A lot of puns center around the word killer (Death Note is the one that comes to mind, where Light chooses Kira as his name because of how Japanese people pronounce killer) but in this case it's just his given name.

I mean, given he's a serial killer, it's pretty likely it's also an intentional pun here.

Nairume

Banned
Jojo's gotten me to listen to a lot of music, though most of them are from future parts and spoilers 'n stuff
As an inside joke, my wife and I secretly based our wedding reception's playlist around songs/bands that were used as character/stand names.

Of course nobody else actually got the joke (or at least admitted to it), but everybody still went crazy when the closing song was Rainbow in the Dark.

As an inside joke, my wife and I secretly based our wedding reception's playlist around songs that were used as character/stand names.

Of course nobody else actually got the joke (or at least admitted to it), but everybody still went crazy when the closing song was Rainbow in the Dark.
I'm stealing this idea.

Debirudog

As an inside joke, my wife and I secretly based our wedding reception's playlist around songs that were used as character/stand names.

You have great taste. :D

Mista Koo

Fun fact:

See this guy over here? His Japanese name is Kira :/

Top Bottom