• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Oingo's stand, which is attached to his face or something.
Lol, makes sense though. I never did put much thought into how Oingo was doing it. I was probably too busy trying to figure why that book could never just flat out tell them what was really going to happen...though yeah it was still pretty accurate.

cntr

Banned
For Oingo and Yukako, their stands aren't bound to anything, they're just not visible. Their ability is being able to manipulate their face/hair.

So shaving Yukako's hair off would do nothing, she'd be able to regrow more.

Ridley327

For Oingo and Yukako, their stands aren't bound to anything, they're just not visible. Their ability is being able to manipulate their face/hair.

I guess she could use her eyebrows in a pinch!

So the stand isn't bound to her hair, but it's power is in making her hair practically sentient and making it super strong? But the stand that makes this possible just happens to be invisible?

1af.jpg

Betty

Banned
/\ Classic!

So the stand isn't bound to her hair, but it's power is in making her hair practically sentient and making it super strong? But the stand that makes this possible just happens to be invisible?

Technically all stands are invisible unless the user wants to bring them out.

I guess it just lays dormant inside her until her hair regrows.

cntr

Banned
Stands don't always have visible ghosts, that's all. Rohan didn't have his Heaven's Door punch ghost when he was stealing Koichi's brain, Araki wanted Rohan to do cool poses with his stand, and gave him one. Heaven's Door still works the same.

Stands don't always have visible ghosts, that's all. Rohan didn't have his Heaven's Door punch ghost when he was stealing Koichi's brain, Araki wanted Rohan to do cool poses with his stand, and gave him one. Heaven's Door still works the same.
When was the Heaven's Door punch ghost revealed?

Auctopus

Been destroying this show for the last couple weeks.

Just watched Episode 32 from Stardust Crusaders
Alessi's stand, polnareff becomes a kid and gets bathed

Man if that wasn't one of the most uncomfortable episodes/antagonists.

Edit: following episode is even stranger.

SoulUnison

Banned
We've got like 14 hours before the episode, any more of you anime-only peeps got any more Killer Queen ability predictions?

You know how it's said that if you die near your cat it won't think twice about eating you?
Maybe Killer Queen can "eat" things to make them disappear, sort of like The Hand.
A serial killer would need to have some way to dispose of evidence, and almost every time we've seen Kira so far he's been eating or preparing/going out for food.

I already know what Killer Queen does, but it's fun to try to come at it with only the information the anime has given so far.

Killer Queen has the power to kill people until they die.

Then Kira tosses a queen chess piece to decide whether he keeps the left or right hand for his creepy Kira time.

pls no spoiling guys, you might give mods a heart attack :O

Betty

Banned
Killer Queen causes everyone to say Freddie Mercury's name and nothing else, making it tough to communicate.

tumblr_mrqo3etDNa1sd0gk5o1_500.gif

Or Killer Queen can transform into Freddie, making him invincible because everyone likes the band too much to hurt it's lead singer, even if it's just a fake.

639.gif

Breads

Banned
Jojo is full of plotholes, roll with it.

Although there is a bit of that the fact of the matter is that stands have no set rules. Although they started out as punch/ ability ghosts eventually you're going to see more conceptual and abstract stands, some of which are barely comprehensible even to the characters within the story.

Remember that this is a story with sapient animals, vampires, pillar men, hamon, spirits, and ghosts. And that's what we've seen so far in the anime. By the time DIU ends there is still more than twenty years of Jojo manga to go. The stand fuckery is just beginning.

D-Man

Killer Queen causes everyone to say Freddie Mercury's name and nothing else, making it tough to communicate.

Or Killer Queen can transform into Freddie, making him invincible because everyone likes the band too much to hurt it's lead singer, even if it's just a fake.

Your post made me realize that JoJo Cromartie would be pretty amazing, imo.

tumblr_nx7gvlNwwS1us1m8ho2_500.png

(there's more of these but it has a future character that hasn't shown up yet, so I won't post it.)

Matsukaze

Although there is a bit of that the fact of the matter is that stands have no set rules. Although they started out as punch/ ability ghosts eventually you're going to see more conceptual and abstract stands, some of which are barely comprehensible even to the characters within the story.

Remember that this is a story with sapient animals, vampires, pillar men, hamon, spirits, and ghosts. And that's what we've seen so far in the anime. By the time DIU ends there is still more than twenty years of Jojo manga to go. The stand fuckery is just beginning.
JoJo fuckery is hands-down the best kind of fuckery.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's at least more fun than Naruto fuckery. "This giant bomb is about to blow up in my face so Imma going to teleport into this giant snake here."

More like "I'll perform the hand signs for a Summoning Jutsu, use my special eyes to hypnotize the summoned beast, climb inside of it and then un-summon it, all while what's essentially a tactical nuke has already been detonated MAYBE a couple dozen feet from me, but before the explosion or shockwave manages to reach, damage or vaporize me. Oh, and this is after having my internal dialog repeatedly point out that I am dangerously low on chakra and probably can't perform techniques at the moment...so I'll just perform SEVERAL faster than the fucking Flash at his most ridiculous.
HOW AM I EVEN HAVING THE TIME TO STRING THESE THOUGHTS TOGETHER!?
"

9780060228699.jpg

cntr

Banned
Araki's a rare author who can handle writing stories week-by-week, but it does mean that there's silliness from him changing his mind about how things work.

cntr

Banned
I care more about dropped plot lines. Remember what happen to okuyasus dad?
That isn't really a plot thread, it's Okuyasu's backstory. If anything, it expands the plot threads from Part 3 by showing Dio's range of influence and the deal with the flesh buds.

Remember when Jotaro flew?
Remember when Dio flew?
Mig0aoC.jpg

Well its scenes that has already been covered but i guess ill go there.
Not you, I mean Debirudog.

cntr

Banned
Just bring nothing up regarding future events. This is the thread to discuss the current anime and the previous parts, nothing more.

More like "I'll perform the hand signs for a Summoning Jutsu, use my special eyes to hypnotize the summoned beast, climb inside of it and then un-summon it, all while what's essentially a tactical nuke has already been detonated MAYBE a couple dozen feet from me, but before the explosion or shockwave manages to reach, damage or vaporize me. Oh, and this is after having my internal dialog repeatedly point out that I am dangerously low on chakra and probably can't perform techniques at the moment...so I'll just perform SEVERAL faster than the fucking Flash at his most ridiculous.
HOW AM I EVEN HAVING THE TIME TO STRING THESE THOUGHTS TOGETHER!?
"

9780060228699.jpg
Either Sasuke thinks at the speed of a fucking attosecond or he has Za Warudo.

We've got like 14 hours before the episode, any more of you anime-only peeps got any more Killer Queen ability predictions?
I try not to take in too many details from the openings since they tend to contain mostly stealth spoilers that are neat to pick up on afterwards, but I can't unsee a flurry of deadly arrow shapes towards the end.
But that isn't nearly crazy enough for this show so I have no idea.

Either Sasuke thinks at the speed of a fucking attosecond or he has Za Warudo.

Considering how stupidly many overpowered abilities the sharingan ended up with, yeah I can see a ZA WARUDO sneaking in there.

Top Bottom