• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

TheOGB

Banned
Holy goddamn shit
Shigechi you twerp, the sandwich wasn't worth this
BJ3sz.gif

• Poor kid. :( As soon as they started playing that sad song I knew it was a wrap, but even still, yiiiiiikes. Really sad way to go out. I honestly was rooting for Kira even after he fucked Shigechi's face up, but the lead up to that killing blow was rough, man. I just felt bad. Especially after seeing that he is literally resting in pieces. (as an aside, that song reminds me of this aptly titled song from Tekken 6)
  • If Killer Queen wasn't one of my favorite stands already, based on design and memes alone, then it definitely is now. Getting to see it in context has solidified its position at the top of my list. Likewise, Kira is already close to being my favorite villain in the series.
  • More surprising than Josuke not punching the button was how quickly I rolled with it. "Oh, I guess that wouldn't do anything if there's nothing to tie it back to the suit anymore; it's just a button on its own now." Jojo logic...

cntr

Banned
Yeah, it's the same in the manga. It might actually be worse in the anime.

And "ignoring people who're hurt" is a very real thing, especially in Japan.

Soriku

So I thought Shigechi's injuries might have been drawn less grotesquely because it being an anime (never seen the manga, is it the same there?), but for someone having like a ton of his face blown up those kids in the hallway seem fucking stupid for not going into "holy shit call the ambulance now" mode.

I wasn't even sure they noticed the injuries. Even though they should have. But yeah.

Neoxon

Holy goddamn shit
Shigechi you twerp, the sandwich wasn't worth this
BJ3sz.gif

• Poor kid. :( As soon as they started playing that sad song I knew it was a wrap, but even still, yiiiiiikes. Really sad way to go out. I honestly was rooting for Kira even after he fucked Shigechi's face up, but the lead up to that killing blow was rough, man. I just felt bad. Especially after seeing that he is literally resting in pieces. (as an aside, that song reminds me of this aptly titled song from Tekken 6)
  • If Killer Queen wasn't one of my favorite stands already, based on design and memes alone, then it definitely is now. Getting to see it in context has solidified its position at the top of my list. Likewise, Kira is already close to being my favorite villain in the series.
  • More surprising than Josuke not punching the button was how quickly I rolled with it. "Oh, I guess that wouldn't do anything if there's nothing to tie it back to the suit anymore; it's just a button on its own now." Jojo logic...
Someone mentioned that earlier in the thread. One of three scenarios may have held back the idea of Josuke just punching the button to send it back to Kira.
  • The button would fly faster than Josuke could keep track of. Maybe Jotaro could track it via Star Platinum, but he can't lose sight of it for a second.
  • We don't know the limit of Crazy Diamond's healing range. We know that it was able to get Okuyasu's body back from the electrical lines with just his arm as a reference point, but we don't know how far down the electric line Okuyasu went.
  • In either of the previous two scenarios, Kira would be alerted to Josuke & the others trying to track him and may change his plans accordingly.

cntr

Banned
to put it in perspective

Japan is a place where cults can put nerve gas into the Tokyo subway and have people ignore the dying passengers next to them, because they thought it'd be too awkward to do anything

cntr

Banned
that's a bad example, given how it's mostly fake

But regardless, it's totally plausible that Shigechi would be ignored by those girls.

Raxus

As far as the button plothole, a few things.

First, assuming it works like Okuyasu in the Red Hot Chili Pepper fight, the button would likely have just recreated the coat at best.

Assuming Josuke used his power and the nametag from the tailor wasn't on the coat then all that would occur would be Kira would be down a coat and they would have exhausted their only lead.

All in all it could have provided them another clue at best but it is unlikely it would make a giant arrow saying here is Kira.

Thud

Are shigechi's injuries visible to the average people?

Obviously Sheer Heart Attack's damage is visible to the tailor.

cntr

Banned
The RHCP thing was because Okuyasu got turned into electricity, and Crazy Diamond can turn Okuyasu back from electricity, not turn his hand to electricity.

Seeing Kira finally animated makes me so happy. My favorite villain in the series, and Killer Queen is one of my favorite stands too. I can't wait to see all of his later moments in the show.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Also, like the reason Jotaro didn't just time freeze the door open, Okuyasu even says that it must have been a pretty crazy stand to have defeated Shigechi like that, so chances are simply punching the button and going straight to Kira may not have been a good idea since they don't know what they'd find on the other end. It's kinda why they gathered everyone together in the first place, right?

After that, I'm assuming instead of finding Kira they most likely wanted to gather information on him first. Finding the coat or where he got it or whatever != wanting to find Kira out in the open. Like the rat, tracking prey involves gathering information on how it hunts, too.

Betty

Banned
There's also a chance using Crazy Diamond on the button would also make Kira's coat pull towards the button, consider how quick thinking he is he'd probably let it fly off him and meet up with the button, leaving the crew to still search out a tailor anyway.

Piers

Unfortunately that seems up to standards in Japan, the average person doesn't like to get involved in such things.

What happened to them thinking as a collective?

to put it in perspective

Japan is a place where cults can put nerve gas into the Tokyo subway and have people ignore the dying passengers next to them, because they thought it'd be too awkward to do anything

Whaaaat? >_<

Style

Banned
So everyone, let's take a moment to talk about this guy I noticed in the episode:

4svsOS0.png

phlXz5b.png

hXERIY4.png

ltMwSu5.png

rOOU3Rg.png

There's this random bystander sitting when the two women Kira are overhearing talk. He is oddly framed to be visible in every shot. Whatever he's reading is too detailed for a background prop and he's also too animated for a background character. I went back to look at the same event in the manga and he's not there. Is he some sort of intern joke at DP. What is his significance.

Seriously, who is this guy?

So everyone, let's take a moment to talk about this guy I noticed in the episode:

4svsOS0.png

phlXz5b.png

hXERIY4.png

ltMwSu5.png

rOOU3Rg.png

There's this random bystander sitting when the two women Kira are overhearing talk. He is oddly framed to be visible in every shot. Whatever he's reading is too detailed for a background prop and he's also too animated for a background character. I went back to look at the same event in the manga and he's not there. Is he some sort of intern joke at DP. What is his significance.

Seriously, who is this guy?

DP likes to put in a lot of subtle inside jokes. I'm too lazy to search the pics online, and excuse me if the details are hazy, but there were also these two ladies that could be seen in crew's original flight to Cairo. The SAME two ladies can be seen in the closing scene of Jotaro and Joseph going to back to Japan (they removed this in the BD for some reason).

So why didn't Kira just use Killer Queen to quietly blow up the hand from a distance instead of going through the trouble of trying to grab it physically?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Kira doesn't like to use Killer Queen casually.
But i thought that was his entire character. An easy going guy living with his cat and girlfriend who im assumin gives not so great handjobs.
Man fuck kira. I hate him more than I did Dio right now.

KIRA: I, YOSHIKAGE KIRA, AM PULLING ON THE JACKET OF YOSHIKAGE KIRA

JOTARO: [internally] yare yare i could stop time and go over there but i know how this shit works out, bastard always goes "Jotaro!!! my stando makes anyone who sees my face turn into a pudding cup" or "that wasn't a door, it was a bear trap i made look like a door" yare yare

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The real best move there would've been to use Star Platinum's superior vision to check the tag. And then flick something to hit Kira's hand. I get being cautious but not doing anything makes you no less vulnerable to a Stand attack than doing something.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
KIRA: I, YOSHIKAGE KIRA, AM PULLING ON THE JACKET OF YOSHIKAGE KIRA

JOTARO: [internally] yare yare i could stop time and go over there but i know how this shit works out, bastard always goes "Jotaro!!! my stando makes anyone who sees my face turn into a pudding cup" or "that wasn't a door, it was a bear trap i made look like a door" yare yare
You know since Jotaro's the strongest stand user in Part 4 i thought he would be always a step ahead of people since he has the most experience fighting stand users. I thought he was gonna be the new dio in terms of "oh look at that guy apparently he has a really strong stand, i wonder what it doe- ORAORAORA." Yet it seems like everyone knows who he is and what he can do. Did everyone just spy on him since he stopped travelling and became a marine biologist? Did being with the dolphins too long make him lose his edge? Even the rat was a bigger threat to him then half the tarot card users.

cntr

Banned
Jotaro doesn't do much mostly because he doesn't want to. The journey to Egypt was enough. That's why he spends time teaching stuff to Josuke, he wants to leave it to him.

Jotaro's taking action now because "serial killer stand user" is another level of serious.

Echoes's arms aren't even big enough to punch rush
Lol.
"dame dame dame dame dame."
Kira said that shit with so much casual cold hearted swag. Kira pretty much is the polar opposite of Dio. Dio sort of just lives to fuck with people. Kira on the other hand just wants to eat some lunch...but hinder him from eating his lunch and he'll just end you. He won't even enjoy it, but he'll kill you with the same hint of emotion as he does putting on his shoes.
Just noticed Kira's skull tie, gureito.

Jotaro is more cautious now because his time stop isn't what it was, plus in this specific scenario he has to worry about Koichi. Blindly rushing in was dangerous, so was hanging back, so he had to make a call, and chose the one where he could keep an eye on Koichi.

Also the tank is part of KQ, they showed that the old dude couldn't see it or hear it.

bronk

Banned
What the fuck man? I didnt expect any of that. That lil twerp Shigechi cracked my black heart and I shed some real tears. That sucked. Im sad. :(

Top Bottom