• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

cntr

Banned
Araki definitely had some general ideas of what was going to happen, but not specifics.

For example, Reimi talks about the killer leaving trademark wounds on his victims, but that's impossible with Killer Queen's explosion powers. So Araki decided on a serial killer villain long before he decided what Killer Queen actually did.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So okayasu's dad is just walking around town like nobody's business when it seemed like he was intentionally being kept secret and also seemed to not be completely able to function in society.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Holy goddamn shit
Shigechi you twerp, the sandwich wasn't worth this
BJ3sz.gif

• Poor kid. :( As soon as they started playing that sad song I knew it was a wrap, but even still, yiiiiiikes. Really sad way to go out. I honestly was rooting for Kira even after he fucked Shigechi's face up, but the lead up to that killing blow was rough, man. I just felt bad. Especially after seeing that he is literally resting in pieces. (as an aside, that song reminds me of this aptly titled song from Tekken 6)
  • If Killer Queen wasn't one of my favorite stands already, based on design and memes alone, then it definitely is now. Getting to see it in context has solidified its position at the top of my list. Likewise, Kira is already close to being my favorite villain in the series.
  • More surprising than Josuke not punching the button was how quickly I rolled with it. "Oh, I guess that wouldn't do anything if there's nothing to tie it back to the suit anymore; it's just a button on its own now." Jojo logic...

It's kinda the same with DBZ really, plot holes and stuff the fans kinda just explain away on their own haha

If the stands say the main catch phrase during a punch rush why does star platinum say "ora" instead of "yare yare?" I get Za warudo saying "Muda" cause it's Dio's stand, it pretty much has to. What does ora and Dora even mean?

Wiseblade

So okayasu's dad is just walking around town like nobody's business when it seemed like he was intentionally being kept secret and also seemed to not be completely able to function in society.
It's more that okuyasu's older brother just hated seeing him and locked his dad away to keep him out of sight.

Siphorus

The real question is why Jotaro didn't use the Star Finger to hit Kira through the door. It works every time.
Every part nerfs the previous main character, although it's lame, I can see why he doesn't like balancing out a time lord and a genius against new villains. Could you imagine if he just time stopped, Ora'd Kira and then it just ended there 😂.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Araki definitely had some general ideas of what was going to happen, but not specifics.

For example, Reimi talks about the killer leaving trademark wounds on his victims, but that's impossible with Killer Queen's explosion powers. So Araki decided on a serial killer villain long before he decided what Killer Queen actually did.

Yeah, this really jarred with me. I'm still annoyed Killer Queen's power is mundane as explosions. I was expecting something more interesting. Still feel like RHCP was the most interesting antagonist stand.

Debirudog

Sheer Heart Attack isn't enough???
Or turning whatever desired object into explosive material isn't fucking cool???

dame, dame, dame, dame, dame...

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Yeah, this really jarred with me. I'm still annoyed Killer Queen's power is mundane as explosions. I was expecting something more interesting. Still feel like RCHP was the most interesting antagonist stand.
You mean chilli pepper? Im never letting that go.
I hear great things about killer er deadly queen tho. He has a great design and an awesome pose. He also has secret techs but id be spoilering stuff and we cant have that.

Xanathus

I think Kira was killing people before he gained stand powers so that's where the wounds come from.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, there might be cooler stuff later that haven't been revealed and so on, but explosions is just too... loud, for me. I was hoping for Kira to have a more subtle, intellectual stand and not just things go boom. So far, it doesn't seem to fit either his personality or even Killer Queen's design - a lithe mancat in pink doesn't seem like much of a detonation guru.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I think Kira was killing people before he gained stand powers so that's where the wounds come from.
I thought that too, trish is like 10 years older than okuyasu.
I mean, there might be cooler stuff later that haven't been revealed and so on, but explosions is just too... loud, for me. I was hoping for Kira to have a more subtle, intellectual stand and not just things go boom. So far, it doesn't seem to fit either his personality or even Killer Queen's design - a lithe mancat in pink doesn't seem like much of a detonation guru.
Hold on let me get my new non spoiler memebage out.
In the mean time think of all those kills resulting from mine and c4 kills in CoD. Some of them are epic.

cntr

Banned
You really shouldn't expect Jojo to do power escalation, not even for the final boss. Killer Queen might not suit Kira's external behavior, but it suits his real personality.

Yeah, but the way Reimi phrased it made it sound like Kira still caused similar wounds on his victims, which clearly isn't the case.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
You really shouldn't expect Jojo to do power escalation, not even for the final boss. Killer Queen might not suit Kira's external behavior, but it suits his real personality.

Yeah, but the way Reimi phrased it made it sound like Kira still caused similar wounds on his victims, which clearly isn't the case.
I feel the opposite.
And in the memebage is...
469.png

Please confirm this is not a spoiler.

Xanathus

It's also possible that he is still killing his victims in the same way, but then using Queen to dispose of the body.

Kurtofan

Yeah, this really jarred with me. I'm still annoyed Killer Queen's power is mundane as explosions. I was expecting something more interesting. Still feel like RHCP was the most interesting antagonist stand.

RHCP was electric punchghost, how is it more interesting

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

I wasn't expecting power escalation, that would be dull. I do want stands to fit thematically with their users. I mean, IIRC stands are extensions of someone's personality and mental disposition, and so far, Killer Queen is not what I'd expect Kira to manifest. From what we've seen of Kira, he's detached from the ordinary bustle of life, and only shows real emotion in the presence of his victims. He's calculating and cool, preferring not to use his Stand if he could simply walk on by without notice. He's shown a propensity to get close and personal, by stabbing Reimi. By contrast, his stand is showy and flashy with explosions. It's the sort of Stand that really someone who was a serial killer should be inclined to use 24/7 given it leaves no evidence. It's a Stand that works best from a distance and has none of the intimacy of a serial murder. They just... don't go, to me.

I mean, obviously personal preference, and additionally we have much to find out about Kira that could change my mind, but at the moment I feel like Araki is just winging it and doesn't really have any idea where he is going or what he wants to do.

Meguro

Banned
Killer Queen fits Kira perfectly.

Also I don't think they did a particularly great job of showing that Shigechi "exploding" made no real noise and thus no one looked at him.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
you make a solid argument, Crabs, but...

Yeah, i can't really elaborate until the anime shows more of Kira.

Don't worry, I'm pretty content to wait. I've really quite enjoyed part 4; I like the small town ambience and the increased inventiveness of the stands. Don't want to feel like I'm too down about it, I'm just a natural critic and like discussing small failings in overall good works.

Betty

Banned
I wasn't expecting power escalation, that would be dull. I do want stands to fit thematically with their users. I mean, IIRC stands are extensions of someone's personality and mental disposition, and so far, Killer Queen is not what I'd expect Kira to manifest. From what we've seen of Kira, he's detached from the ordinary bustle of life, and only shows real emotion in the presence of his victims. He's calculating and cool, preferring not to use his Stand if he could simply walk on by without notice. He's shown a propensity to get close and personal, by stabbing Reimi. By contrast, his stand is showy and flashy with explosions. It's the sort of Stand that really someone who was a serial killer should be inclined to use 24/7 given it leaves no evidence. It's a Stand that works best from a distance and has none of the intimacy of a serial murder. They just... don't go, to me.

I think Kira probably prefers to still get 'intimate' when it comes to his murders, probably opting to do it himself then use KQ to hide the evidence.

Haven't read the manga so it's speculation, but so far they seem made for each other.

Siegcram

How are explosions nobody can see flashy?

Making things/people disappear instantly is exactly the kind of ability any compulsive serial killer would want.

Drinkel

I don't remember how Hermit Purples psychic photography works but I was so sure that they where going to use it to find Kira when they gathered all the stand users. I find DiU to be the most fun JoJo so far!

Breads

Banned

Just like star platinum's power is star finger, super strength, spirit surgery, and keen senses, right?

Give it a minute. We may not yet know the full extent of it's power.

fertygo

Kira stand is one of the flashiest stand in JoJo
Very surprised to hear its lacking.. explosion is cool and its usage is very strategic.

Btw why everybody say jotaro should just time stop and closing to kira? Pretty sure he dead at second if he does that.

Betty

Banned
Kira stand is one of the flashiest stand in JoJo
Very surprised to hear its lacking.. explosion is cool and its usage is very strategic.

Btw why everybody say jotaro should just time stop and closing to kira? Pretty sure he dead at second if he does that.

No one is saying Killer Queen is lacking or isn't flashy, just the opposite.

Crab just felt it didn't have the intimacy of a serial murderer like Kira.

Top Bottom