• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

I really hope they change the ED visuals at some point. Why are we still staring at the same first cour plebs instead of hinting at the newer encounters?

cntr

Banned
actually I need to get my sleep back to normal, so I'll watch it in the morning, not now

have fun, don't post spoilers

Tizoc

Rock, Paper, Scissors is serious business.
boyz-ii-men-1995-billboard-650.jpg

Kishibe Rohan Punches a Grade Schooler in the Fucking Face 26

hNLD81N.jpg

He did it the absolute madman

Beyond that this arcs not that great, but you do get to see Rohan being a total dickhead and it had a few cool tricks like the blurring of the hands and some good framing and shots.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've been waiting so long to see that punch in anime form.

The best part about this fight is that this is one of the first times since the Dio fight that people are jumping around and floating with Stand energy.

JayEH

Awww they took at the line where Rohan says Americans have shit taste since they don't like his work. Two weeks in a row they took out amazing lines.

Actually pretty disappointed in this episode. I liked the RPS kid arc in the manga but the episode wasn't up to snuff.

David Pro, please never use DR Movie ever again.

Awww they took at the line where Rohan says Americans have shit taste since they don't like his work. Two weeks in a row they took out amazing lines.

Yuuuuup, disappointed.

The whole episode just felt dry despite the added flair of a simple rock paper scissor game. I liked the storyline in the manga and considering how every arc up until now lived up to my expectations or surpassed them, I guess this is one I'd just prefer reading.

BTW, I think we heard some new tracks this episode. Where's that goddamn second OST.

JayEH

Actually pretty disappointed in this episode. I liked the RPS kid arc in the manga but the episode wasn't up to snuff.

yeah me too. it was hype in the manga here it felt...forced? animation quality didn't help.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The animation looked really stiff at times, especially during the early part of the episode when atom heart father was flying around.

The animation quality was fucking awful for the first half of the episode. How do you fuck up keyframes that are focused on for like 5 seconds?!

Aside from that, I'm glad they picked up where it needed to be intense. BOYS MAN MAN is my favourite stand name yet. Still, I have a feeling we're going to be seeing A LOT more "please read the manga for the art" posts for the final third of DiU.

Also, I miss the dopey face look of Shitbag Josuke from the manga :[
INVUmE7.jpg

Was Korea back animating this one?

Some dodgy shit.

Yeah.

yeah me too. it was hype in the manga here it felt...forced? animation quality didn't help.

"Forced" is a good word for it. I can't shake the feeling that whoever was in charge of this episode just wanted to get through it.

And I get it. Animation is hard, and this episode covers some otherwise mundane and not very important stuff aside from the photo stuff in the beginning. So yeah, hand it to the B-Team so your best guys can handle some of the AWESOME stuff later.

But throwing ALL of your effort into even the most mundane things is what jojo is all about man. That's what makes it WORK. I can't even compliment the flying parts because that was in the manga. Just blindly following the panels without trying to improve them (FAR from the first time David has done this).

Betty

Banned
zJDk7.gif

When did Rohan grab the baby, did he use his stand, how did he know the baby could force the kid's hand into rock...?

If Rohan's stand is being ripped away, shouldn't his body have been ripped too?

How is no one seeing the flying ghost dad?

If ghost dad wasn't there how was Rohan expecting to survive that truck? By luck? Seriously?

Is next week's episode really about an alien, ghosts are one thing but adding aliens seems excessive and unnecessary.

This episode felt like those parts with Suzie Q in Stardust Crusaders, not bad but it just feels like it's distracting from the main event.

Also, Josuke hasn't felt like a main character in ages, I hope he get's to shine
on you Crazy Diamond
in big fashion soon.

I'm just airing my thoughts not actually looking for answers because I know most of them are just Araki being Araki.

This episode was ridiculous. In a good way, I think.

The first half wasn't much, but the second half with the DBZ janken matches was something you'd only see in JoJo.
Literally bizarre.
The content felt cramped, like they were trying to cover a lot of material for this arc.

I can't believe Araki named a stand "Boyz 2 Men". lolol Is that group even popular in Japan?

The big question is....HOW DID JOSEPH, JOSUKE, AND ROHAN NOT SEE THE FLOATING PHOTOGRAPH WITH THE OLD GUY IN IT?

Hopefully we can stop all silly debates and acknowledge Rohan as the best character now.

The man beat a child over a game of RPS and then laughed about it while people watched him and called him immature. He then later punches that same kid in the face.

Also, is Heavens Door the most OP Stand since he could technically stop anyone else from using their stand?

Betty

Banned
Also, is Heavens Door the most OP Stand since he could technically stop anyone else form using their stand?

Rohan would get destroyed by Sheer Heart Attack alone.

Also the user has to see Heaven's Door right? So that blind enemy N'doul in part 3 would be immune.

Also good luck getting Heaven's Door to catch Pet Shop or Vanilla Ice.

Rohan used Heaven's Door on the baby to make her make the kid play rock instead of something else. You can see how part of her face is peeling off when Rohan reveals that he has the baby.

Fair enough, I really don't know why the baby is being kept around though, can't really think what use it'll have down the line.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
When did Rohan grab the baby, did he use his stand, how did he know the baby could force the kid's hand into rock...?

Rohan used Heaven's Door on the baby to make her make the kid play rock instead of something else. You can see how part of her face is peeling off when Rohan reveals that he has the baby.

TheSun

Thus Rohan's midriff appears.
Liked the episode, herd a lot about a crazy Rock Paper Scissors standoff in this series.
I guess that was that, was hoping for something like the d'arby fight in terms of intensity, but I still liked it.

If ghost dad wasn't there how was Rohan expecting to survive that truck? Seriously

UBUGSOwl.png

zdAgtGgl.png

Poses grant immunity to hit and runs
Is next week's episode really about an alien, ghosts are one thing but adding aliens seems excessive and unnecessary.

Also, Josuke hasn't felt like a main character in ages, I hope he get's to shine
on you Crazy Diamond
in big fashion soon.

I'm just airing my thoughts not actually looking for answers because I know most of them are just Araki being Araki.

All these question will be addressed next week, but Araki will certainly be at his most Arakiest yet ;)

Betty

Banned
Poses grant immunity to hit and runs

All these question will be addressed next week, but Araki will certainly be at his most Arakiest yet ;)

I'm just so much more interested in what Kira's up to.

I'd watch a whole season of Kira trying to fake it as a family man.

I'm still amazed we got a stand called Boyz II Men, Araki keeps an eclectic taste.

Top Bottom