• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

last train home is great, it's just feels perfect for the ending of a long trip

plus it just goes well with this

d32.gif

munchie64

I could see it being another Last Train Home, where people don't like it at first but then get into it.

All Star is just a dream at this point I think. I'll edit it into the credits myself tho

Guess Who

Banned
I'm really hype for this OP. They've done a fantastic job with the CG work on all of the previous ones and I'm curious to see what they do here. Would love something in the more colorful, poppy style of the Battle Tendency OP.

Finally got a chance to watch episode one. Good pacing, great color choices, and the voice acting for our mains (so far) is pretty great. Also, the very first scene is amazing foreshadowing. Loved the ominous feel of the whole thing.

Part 4 is easily my favorite storyline, so I'm real excited to see it and introduce the anime only people I know to it.

Actually Stand Proud never grew on me, but that's because some of the engrish sounds a bit like Dutch, so those misheard lyrics totally take me out of it.

Moaradin

Sono Chi no Kioku was amazing once you figured out all the shit they put into that. Plus the different versions. I hope the new OP is similar.

Stand Proud is still my least my favorite opening. A little too classic I guess. The visuals are still gorgeous tho like all the others openings.

TI82

Banned
Episode 1 was super! Can't wait for 2! Josuke is already my favorite, for my pet turtle was very upset watching that part. Thank you based Josuke.

Part 1 OP: It's probably why I'm into Jojo. Epic from start to finish even if it sorta spoils things.

Part 2 OP: Took some time to get used to but it fits the series well. Not one of my favorites, but it's not bad. It pretty much spoils an important death, though...

Part 3 OP: Epic and edgy as hell, but I love it.

Part 3 OP 2: Took some time for me to appreciate this one, but as said before once you find out the detailing they put into this, you'll love it.

Guess Who

Banned
Stand Proud is kinda try-hard "cool"
just like Stardust Crusaders
but I still like it anyway. Never cared much for OP4, though. I get the detailing stuff but I just don't like the song. I did like what they did with it for the last few episodes (ZA WARUDO), though.

munchie64

4th OP is probably my favourite. The song is epic (I think combining the singers for the previous three OPs?) and the amount of visual foreshadowing is crazy good.

Sono Chi no Kyoku is probably the song that took the longest to grow on me, but the visuals...god damn, as a manga reader I loved it from the first watch. Then DIO showed up and made it the unquestionable number one.

Btw this is airing in half an hour no?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Part 1 OP: It's probably why I'm into Jojo. Epic from start to finish even if it sorta spoils things.

Part 2 OP: Took some time to get used to but it fits the series well. Not one of my favorites, but it's not bad. It pretty much spoils an important death, though...

Unless you pay attention/know beforehand that those OPs are supposed to represent actual events (as opposed to imaginary scenes that just look good, like most anime), you don't really get spoiled.

It's more of a "oooooh so THAT'S what the OP was showing all along!" moment.

I hated OP4 at first, but it's cool now, especially with the special "ZA WARUDO" twist of the last two episodes.

4th OP is probably my favourite. The song is epic (I think combining the singers for the previous three OPs?) and the amount of visual foreshadowing is crazy good.

Yep, all three singers are in this one. It's great, except when CODA (OP2 singer) goes "ORAORAORA" and it's not believable at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think even Kakyoin's VA is in the OP. At least someone sounds like him a lot.

Order

Bloody Stream is the least interesting visually but it has the best song.

OP4 is the greatest because of all the small details put into it, and the song is hype asf.

cntr

Banned
I like all the OPs, but Sono Chi no Kioku is way better in the full version.

I watched the anime before starting the manga, I didn't realize the spoilers in the Bloody Stream OP first watch. It's really blatant in retrospect, but yeah.

Tizoc

You lot are gonna LOVE this episode, the amount of crazy ish that's gonna happen is gonna make you want to GIF that ish immediately.

Unless you pay attention/know beforehand that those OPs are supposed to represent actual events (as opposed to imaginary scenes that just look good, like most anime), you don't really get spoiled.

You can't tell me op2 is not blatant as fuck about it though

ionitron

I like all the OPs, but Sono Chi no Kioku is way better in the full version.

The full version is probably what makes it my favorite opening. There's something so classy heroic about the way it sounds.
(Tagging just in case)Plus the Time Freeze in the full final version was so hype

You lot are gonna LOVE this episode, the amount of crazy ish that's gonna happen is gonna make you want to GIF that ish immediately.

How worthy was the OP? Haha

I never paid attention to it. I just looked at the pretty pictures and danced to the lively music :(.

Fair enough tho I mean specifically the part with Joseph shouting in grief at the end while holding Caesar's bandana. Even without reading the manga I'm sure it's not hard to figure it out .

I can agree with you on OP 1 at least. If you breeze through the series, you may not have known that the OP went through Jonathan's arc. But, as soon as Dio was shot many times in the anime, I figured the OP was showing off key moments...

OP 2 though, there's no way you can't put 2 and 2 together to figure out who ended up dying...

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Fair enough tho I mean specifically the part with Joseph shouting in grief at the end while holding Caesar's bandana. Even without reading the manga I'm sure it's not hard to figure it out .

I can agree with you on OP 1 at least. If you breeze through the series, you may not have known that the OP went through Jonathan's arc. But, as soon as Dio was shot many times in the anime, I figured the OP was showing off key moments...

OP 2 though, there's no way you can't put 2 and 2 together to figure out who ended up dying...

Guess I'm an idiot then. Again, I was too absorbed in how cool they looked and sounded to give them much thought :(.

Plus, again, I'm so used to openings never making any sense in 99% of anime shows that I just took them for random scenes with no relevance to the plot at all.

[EDIT]

I hope they're clever and subtle enough with Diamond. I don't wanna be spoiled since this is the first time I watch an arc as it airs without knowing anything going in. With Stardust I'd already seen the OVAs, and with Parts 1 and 2 I binge watched long after they'd aired.

Matsukaze

Waiting in the lounge while my car gets its state inspections done.

Waiting for the new JoJo episode to release.

Knowing that by the time the new episode drops, I'll probably be hitting the road and will have to wait even longer to watch it.

I'm so impatient. :p

Top Bottom