• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

I don't remember anyone actually being born with their stand though, as they were all struck by the arrow, and with the Joestars they got their stands by proxy because of Dio and Jonathon?

The SDC crew (Polnareff, Avdol, and Kakyoin) are all implied to have been born with their stands.

squall23

Lol, so it was just Araki giving zero fucks then. Man seeing Joseph play Shakti to an invisible Karlmann is so weird.
That'd be an apt comparison if Joseph actually did anything anything this time around. Shakti at least did something to ruin an entire empire's plans even if it was just to redeem her idiocy throughout the entire show.

Style

Banned
Okuyasu is great because him and Josuke actually feel like friends.

Speedwagon was just thirsty for Jonathan, Joseph and Caesar were more like comrades in arms, Jotaro doesn't have friends that aren't marine animals. Josuke and Okuyasu are actually like two dudes who hang out and do dumb shit together as friends.

3CR309h.png

ANH8Fiv.png

b9x91uW.png

mI7wFrD.png

DDBg4tn.gif

9xUWySY.gif

wXTt6fd.png

aptfJsc.png

3nkWJA9.png

Polnareff managed to put a smile on his face several times.

3CR309h.png

ANH8Fiv.png

b9x91uW.png

mI7wFrD.png

DDBg4tn.gif

9xUWySY.gif

wXTt6fd.png

aptfJsc.png

3nkWJA9.png

Polnareff managed to put a smile on his face several times.
But Jotaro doesn't have the egg baby with Polnareff.
That'd be an apt comparison if Joseph actually did anything anything this time around. Shakti at least did something to ruin an entire empire's plans even if it was just to redeem her idiocy throughout the entire show.
Even Araki would be shocked by Zanscares end game. "You plan on turning the human race into slug like intelligence?"

Karsha

There is also a possibility that Bite the dust might not have worked at all. At that point Kira was desperate and delusional, when he thinks he activated it its clear that he wasn't surprised about pressing the button, he was surprised that the third bomb actually worked and took him back in time.
Another scenario is that the only way Bites the dust could be manually activated was when Kira was under pressure, he mentions it to Jotaro that he couldn't do it at the moment but if Jotare got close the bomb would "charge" I guess.

Style

Banned
Polnareff, Kakyoin, Avdol and Iggy all got their stands naturally. Polnareff is seen having his stand in his child form too, so it's implied he always had it/was born with it. Same for a lot of the enemies in part 3. Tonio too. It is possible to be born with a stand.

How the hell did Dio even recruit that fucking kid? Would love to read a one shot where Dio is giving everybody his "join me" sales pitch.

I think Dio is probably the one character that's most likely to have gone around shooting babies for fun. I don't see how plausible it is for Dio to Kijiji a falcon and a baby.

I think Dio is probably the one character that's most likely to have gone around shooting babies for fun. I don't see how plausible it is for Dio to Kijiji a falcon and a baby.
Phantom Blood did show that Dio's more likely to convince Mannish Boys mother to shoot him with the arrow. With Pet Shop my head canon is that Dio was impressed by Pet Shop's menacing schwag and had Enyaba shoot him. "Enyaba, I Dio, must have that magnificent bird. I can tell he's got stand potential, so shoot him."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Tonio got his stand while traveling the world. He very well could have gotten it from Dio, and was just let go since it is useless in combat.

Tonio got his stand while traveling the world. He very well could have gotten it from Dio, and was just let go since it is useless in combat.
Why wouldn't Dio eat his food to make the scar on his neck heal faster? Then again how do we know Dio's head wouldn't get expelled from Jonathan's body?
It's a little dark, but I could imagine Shizuka's Stand awakening as such to protect herself after her mother is murdered (by Kira?)
Kira murdered a dog. Why wouldn't he murder a baby if it was present with his next victim?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why wouldn't Dio eat his food to make the scar on his neck heal faster? Then again how do we know Dio's head wouldn't get expelled from Jonathan's body?

Kira murdered a dog. Why wouldn't he murder a baby if it was present with his next victim?
Yeah, I don't think Dio would want to mess with magic healing food, there is no telling how that would react to him being a vampire head on a 100 year old dead man.

Yeah, I don't think Dio would want to mess with magic healing food, there is no telling how that would react to him being a vampire head on a 100 year old dead man.
"It's killing me as I eat it, but I can't stop eating it!" Fucking Hazamada ain't even worth putting into Pink Dark Boy, no wonder why Rohan likes Koichi so much. I had completely forgotten Rohan wasn't born with Heaven's Door. He got extremely lucky and got a stand that synched up perfectly with his occupation. Rohan is such a fucking asshole. Ripping off Koichi's face just so he could profit from it and of course he's sadistically laughing about it.

He says he got Heaven's Door when he was 16 so that makes sense. Unless teenage years is some weird retcon like 14.

Did he want to make sure the chicken was humanely killed?

Pretty sure in the anime/manga he says he's had it a few months, and he's 20 years old.

He was checking the expiration date.

Defuser

If the Joestars got their stand from DIO through Jonathan body then probably Shizuka and Manish boy got theirs from their mother/father.

Pretty sure in the anime/manga he says he's had it a few months, and he's 20 years old.

He was checking the expiration date.
Ok, I went through his monologue to Koichi again since I'm watching that ep and yep he's had it for about 3 months. I think I jumbled the sentences together while reading the subs.

Tall4Life

You know, the United version of Great Days might have just made that song shoot up to my favorite of all the OPs...even if it technically doesn't count, heh

cHaotix8

I always wait until an anime finishes before I watch it all in one spurt, as it's been the best way to consume a story in my experience. Just marathoned the season over the past few days and damn, what a ride! Part 4 has always been my favorite arc and I was happy to see the thought and love that went into this adaption. Both of the OP's captured the colorful tone and feel of Part 4 perfectly, even though they weren't animated as well as the earlier parts. Great Days grew on me a ton towards the end, but I'm still not sure if I like it more than Bloody Stream. Looking forward to Part 5!

Also, Top 3 JoJo rankings:

1) Josuke
2) Joseph
3) Jotaro

Josuke is a real good guy but no one can top Joseph.

Also Part 4 really redeemed Jotaro for me, he's much more endearing in this role than as the main character, love the guy.

it went on hiatus when his house burned down but before that, he was probably still doing it
Man it's amazing what I'm not paying attention to or forget during my first watch. Don't even feel bad about seeing Rohan Dora'd into a fucking bookcase, fool deserved it. Pink Dark Boy was also on hiatus for about a month cause Rohan got his shit beat in by Josuke. Could've been healed by Crazy Diamond, but no way in fuck did Rohan deserve the easy way out for his bullshit.

Top Bottom