• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Didn't he want to make Lisa Lisa have a more integral role and was told by corporate not to? I mean when it comes to rumors about Araki I don't know what's true and what people just make up for a laugh. The only thing I'm sure about is that he's immortal.
I thought Araki was a Pillar Men.

Matsukaze

We don't know the full potential of ripple so we don't know for sure.
I mean, even Araki and his editors felt we saw the full extent of the ripple in two arcs. I sincerely doubt the ripple could ever be expanded to cover the same gamut of abilities Stands cover without completely compromising its own identity.

Nottle

Ripple is even more worthless because there is no more stone masks, vampires or Pillar Men.
Back in parts 1 and 2 ripple could sort of do anything too. Or someone just needed to be a vampire and they could also do anything. Think of the dozens of different gimmicks the pillar men, vampires and even normal people had back then. Vampirism and ripple did all sorts of dumb crap. DIO had like 7 different weird powers due to his vampirism. Jack the Ripper, Bruford Tarkus all did really strange and unique stuff the pillarmen all did weird crap. Also Joseph totally won a few matches against normal thugs with ripple.

Qurupeke

TzC7OIO.png

If they don't cut anything more than Stardust Crusaders

Someone on twitter said there was a director interview stating "all stands/characters, similar flow to SDC" but that was 4 days ago with no confirmation or anything. So who knows, but it's 20 chapters longer than SDC, it's Araki's favorite part, and has like 2 of his favorite characters, so there's no way they'll rush or cut anything.

dani_dc

I always assumed that Joseph deliberately didn't use the Ripple, seeing what permanent youth did to Straizo.

I always assumed he was too lazy and failed to realize the benefits of it, kind like most people know they should exercise and eat healthy but they don't.
Joseph just couldn't be bothered.

hm yeah i remember that now.

still, i feel they'd have pulled something like "Stands don't conduct the Ripple so we're screwed lol" eventually anyway.

DIO stopped The World from punching Joseph due to Joseph having infused himself (as his stand) with Ripple, so it's very likely that Stands do conduct Ripple.

Plus Ripple works in humans which makes it useful to attack stand users.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I mean, even Araki and his editors felt we saw the full extent of the ripple in two arcs. I sincerely doubt the ripple could ever be expanded to cover the same gamut of abilities Stands cover without completely compromising its own identity.

I dunno, we got shit like, as I said, hair barriers and stuff. We actually see a lot of shit in the dining scene with Caesar but we barely see it expounded.

It's outphased by stands. That's what you get when characters pull a Gohan.

Like Joseph?

;_;

Madao

I always assumed he was too lazy and failed to realize the benefits of it, kind like most people know they should exercise and eat healthy but they don't.
Joseph just couldn't be bothered.

DIO stopped The World from punching Joseph due to Joseph having infused himself (as his stand) with Ripple, so it's very likely that Stands do conduct Ripple.

Plus Ripple works in humans which makes it useful to attack stand users.

well, it could be argued that the contact would come from Hermit Purple being infused with Ripple. the Ripple alone wouldn't work but it would through a Stand. we never see this in action since there was no other Vampire Stand user that fought against a Ripple Stand user so it's all speculation in the end.

also, at the time they probably wanted to get rid of the Ripple fast since it was "boring" and the Stands were the new hotness. it's funny since it's kind of the opposite for many people who begin watching Jojo and then have a hard time in the transition because Ripple is more unique nowadays when a ton of mangas/animes use Stand-like powers. this is interesting because, if Jojo was made today, maybe the Ripple would have continued longer but then, if Jojo wasn't made when it was made, not many series would have been inspired by it and the ripple wouldn't look unique.

Question: now from what I have seen part 5 is a bit connected to part 4 but can I read part 6 whilst watching part 4 or should I just go straight to part 7 since it is in a new setting?

jgminto

Question: now from what I have seen part 5 is a bit connected to part 4 but can I read part 6 whilst watching part 4 or should I just go straight to part 7 since it is in a new setting?
Watch/read them in order of release, all parts are connected in one way or another. Both 5 and 6 are linked to 4 and 7 is linked to 6.

Edit: it'd be the same as jumping into this part without reading or watching the previous parts, you'd have no idea who Jotaro is, what stands are and why Josuke being Joseph's son is a big deal.

jgminto

Oh, Ok then :(

I'm stuck on the anime bus.
I can understand continuing Part 4 as it airs but feel free to start reading the manga at the part 5 break as well, by the time this part is finished Part 5's retranslation should be complete and then the fully series will be ready to read through.

I can understand continuing Part 4 as it airs but feel free to start reading the manga at the part 5 break as well, by the time this part is finished Part 5's retranslation should be complete and then the fully series will be ready to read through.

do you mean read Part4 as it airs with the anime? The pro is that I get a great appreciation for how close the manga sticks to the anime, which is what I did with Stardust Crusaders and really enjoyed, but the con was that I already knew what was going to happen and some of the surprise went with it.

jgminto

do you mean read Part4 as it airs with the anime? The pro is that I get a great appreciation for how close the manga sticks to the anime, which is what I did with Stardust Crusaders and really enjoyed, but the con was that I already knew what was going to happen and some of the surprise went with it.
You can read Part 4 like that if you want but I meant to start reading Part 5 once the Part 4 anime is finished.

Thud

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
I enjoyed the hell out of part 3, but some things were arguably dragging a bit.

It's inherent with part 3, not really their fault. Davidpro did a great job. Part 3 deserved that after the OVA series which cut down on content a whole fricking lot.

Crocodile

The disc solicitation was just put up and officially officially confirms this will be 39 episodes.

9 fewer episodes than Stardust Crusaders for a part that is slightly longer to my understanding? That isn't comforting to hear especially since I've never heard anyone really call the manga for Part IV poorly paced. I don't want them cutting stuff or rushing through things or feeling pressured not to add things if it would actually help with the narrative (which happened a few times for Stardust Crusaders). It can only hurt the production :(

Thud

9 fewer episodes than Stardust Crusaders for a part that is slightly longer to my understanding? That isn't comforting to hear especially since I've never heard anyone really call the manga for Part IV poorly paced. I don't want them cutting stuff or rushing through things or feeling pressured not to add things if it would actually help with the narrative (which happened a few times for Stardust Crusaders). It can only hurt the production :(

We'll see how they fare in the middle part. For now they are on schedule I presume. First episode covered about three chapters and the second covered about 5 chapters.The next arc covers about 10 chapters and there are 2 episodes scheduled for it (so 5 chapters each).

If they average 4.5 chapters per episode they can fit 39 episodes and maybe even a part 5 teaser. They've made it work with Part 1-3, so I'm confident they could pull this off. Part 4 may even profit from it.

Ascheroth

Preemptive worrying for something that far off is meaningless. Did DavidPro disappoint with any of the former parts? Did DavidPro disappoint with those first two episodes we got?
I don't think so.
So just let them do their thing.

Besides, the first 2 episodes of Part 3 adapted 5 chapters + a couple pages, whereas the first to episodes of part 4 adapted 7 whole chapters. We're already faster paced, and did it somehow make it 'bad' because of that? Hell no.

Jigolo

You guys saying some stuff was cut from the manga in stardust crusaders almost makes me want to read it. But the show was already fantastic and the stuff that was cut probably wasn't that important.

E P I S O D E 3 B O Y Z

Ascheroth

You guys saying some stuff was cut from the manga in stardust crusaders almost makes me want to read it. But the show was already fantastic and the stuff that was cut probably wasn't that important.

E P I S O D E 3 B O Y Z

? Nothing was cut in the Stardust Crusaders anime.

Top Bottom