• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Thud

You guys saying some stuff was cut from the manga in stardust crusaders almost makes me want to read it. But the show was already fantastic and the stuff that was cut probably wasn't that important.

E P I S O D E 3 B O Y Z

The OVA series from '99/00 only shows a portion. Stardust Crusaders anime is without cuts as far as I can tell.

It doesn't hurt to watch the OVA or read the manga if you're a fan. It's gonna take a while for the jojonium editions to catch up tho.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
You guys saying some stuff was cut from the manga in stardust crusaders almost makes me want to read it. But the show was already fantastic and the stuff that was cut probably wasn't that important.

E P I S O D E 3 B O Y Z

Some stuff that got cut from the manga that i remember
Part 1
Jonathan crying then eating chocolate (not important, but it's funny)

ups, i missremember stuff. Sorry for that

munchie64

Jonathan has character? News to me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
cb9.gif

Guess Who

Banned
I appreciate that the anime gave Josuke's pompadour a little dent so it looks heart-shaped from the front and matches the heart on Crazy Diamond's head

Part 1 anime also cut the Trial of 77 Rings backstory, which isn't that important. There was an incredibly hard thing that only 7 knights ever completed, 2 being Tarkus and Bruford.

Part 2 cut Joseph beating up a bunch of mexicans after asking for directions, and Joseph and Caesar wrecking a post office trying to find the Aja stone.

The first BR seems to be confirmed to have an OVA of "Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan" included with it. Kinda weird to have it in the first one but ok.

Jaxec

An amazing episode. Holy shit the hype is through the roof! I'm loving the pacing and I think they maybe able to pull off the 39 episodes. The effects and transitions were on point and David Productions is going all in. Can't wait for next week!

D-Man

That was a good episode. I'm really glad to finally see my boy Okuyasu and the effects they used for The Hand were cool as hell! I can't wait for next week, again.

Siegcram

If my main man Vanilla Ice had The Hand instead of Cream, the crusaders would have been fucked.

Glad they're doing it justice. Such a cool stand.

To any confused -

The Arrow is not the only method to obtain a Stand.

Some are born with it/obtain it at a younger age (like Avdol presumably) and others develop it over time like Joseph.

Yeah, and the Arrow is a shitty way because of it's a huge gamble where there's a good chance the victim will die.

Koichi reads that theres been a bunch of missing people, so Okuyasu's bro has clearly just been shooting anyone interesting. Hell, he gambled on killing his own brother.

Jaxec

Btw when the arrow was used was that the sound they used for the ripple in parts 1 and 2?

Edit: Went back to check and it does sound like it.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Honestly I feel like this weeks episode was significantly weaker than the previous two mostly due to how the Okusa fight progress's. It made very little sense that Josuke would just stand there after his friend neck is being jammed together by a gate, and moved at a turtle speed after said friend was shot in the kneck by an arrow especially considering his grandfather literally died because he was too slow. It's not like he had given up on Koichi because he states his intention to save him. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

I can only say it's a weakness in direction because all it would require is Josuke rushing in and being held back by Okusa and having a generally sense of urgency about saving someones life and not being entirely passive for the events to occur without the entire scene feeling completely off.

Tizoc

There was one line from the manga that didn't make it to this ep. but otherwise a good adaptation.

DTL post if you are OK.

Todays episode was starting off and well and good with Jousuke actually finally deciding to happily involve Koichi in his life by offering him a once in a life time opportunity to come to his house. He even looked incredibly happy about it.
CgGc-XwW8AIo7va.jpg

It seemed like it would be a perfect episode but then of course the writer once again proved for the third time in three seasons and this time at only episode three that he had to incorporate story elements that only bad writers would have. I give the anime countless chances and each time he just continues to stay the same. Surely the editor would have suggested to the writing team that you cant survive on writing bad anime?
Really? Koichi doesnt even have a stand or did anything to even have to go through this type of pain. I hope he actually gets healing he deserves and that we avoid another Kakyoin type of situation

Years later I still think one of the most hilarious things about Part 4 is that Araki's solution to The Hand being so OP was to make Okuyasu a massive idiot.

edit: ^I used to check the JoJo anime thread solely DTL impressions but they have become so incredibly lazy as of late. Massive disappointment.

Tizoc

Honestly I feel like this weeks episode was significantly weaker than the previous two mostly due to how the Okusa fight progress's. It made very little sense that Josuke would just stand there after his friend neck is being jammed together by a gate, and moved at a turtle speed after said friend was shot in the kneck by an arrow especially considering his grandfather literally died because he was too slow. It's not like he had given up on Koichi because he states his intention to save him. It just makes no sense whatsoever.

I can only say it's a weakness in direction because all it would require is Josuke rushing in and being held back by Okusa and having a generally sense of urgency about saving someones life and not being entirely passive for the events to occur without the entire scene feeling completely off.

It was like that in the manga too, Josuke would just stand there while Koichi's getting stomped by Okuyasu.

Also have some glorious Okuyasu manga art

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It was like that in the manga too, Josuke would just stand there while Koichi's getting stomped by Okuyasu.

Also have some glorious Okuyasu manga art

Not really in that manga that's like 1 page and in it he's fightng Okuyasu. In the anime your litterally watching minutes go by as Koichi is dying and Josuke barely gives a shit.

They did lengthen a few things to end the episode on a specific note, like Koichi was trapped in the gate for a bit longer and Okuyasu never got a single punch in.

Thud

To any confused -

The Arrow is not the only method to obtain a Stand.

Some are born with it/obtain it at a younger age (like Avdol presumably) and others develop it over time like Joseph.

Joseph got a stand because of his connection to Jonathon. Dio got The World from the bow and arrow. Holly developed a stand closely related to Hermit's Purple. It became a burden to her tho. Jotaro and Josuke inherited it from Joseph essentially.

Great episode, loving The Hand effects.

munchie64

Fucking Dio is still causing shit to happen even though he's dead.
The brothers seem pretty interesting and The Hand was looks really cool (although it's hilarious he's too stupid to use it effectively, that teleporting trick is nice).
That scene with Jotaro and Josuke's mum was great too.

So good episode. I doubt Koichi is gonna die, but he'll probably get a Stand.

Evilkazzz

Banned
Man, Okuyasu is one of my favorite JoJo characters. I guess it's not spoilers since he's hanging out with Joskue and Koichi in the OP but he eventually becomes apart of the part 4 crew. He has some of the best interactions with Joskue whom both come off a big jerks/bullies at some points but lovably so.

1460742883918.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Okuyasu seems to be one of the main dudes going by the promo material and opening, so I guess it's going to be another Kakyoin situation. He doesn't seem possessed, though, but his brother did say something about putting other stand users under his control.

So good episode. I doubt Koichi is gonna die, but he'll probably get a Stand.

I bet he'll get a stand eventually just because of that opening, but I'm not sure this ordeal is going to be the moment for it. The bow and arrow was specifically said to awaken stands in people with murderous intent.

Top Bottom