• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable OT What a Beautiful Duwang

Matsukaze

We got trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfa5AdZeKZ4

PA07zwF.png
Good stuff!

One of the two best characters in the arc is finally here.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
He's done almost nothing and got kidnapped lmao. I won't take it back till he gets better.

Koichi has had more focus than any other major supporting cast member at this point, only second to Josuke in terms of screen time. We've already seen him go through some character development as a person and as a Stand user since his introduction. He even managed to escape from his kidnapper and save her life all on his own.

Matsukaze

Joesph is still quick on his feet. Josuke has no clue how godlike his father is.
I imagine Joseph trying to recount his glory days to Josuke would be met with looks of bewilderment as Josuke becomes convinced his dad really is losing it.

"You flew out of a volcano and knocked a demigod into outer space? Have you been taking your meds?"

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I imagine Joseph trying to recount his glory days to Josuke would be met with looks of bewilderment as Josuke becomes convinced his dad really is losing it.

"You flew out of a volcano and knocked a demigod into outer space? Have you been taking your meds?"

"I'm telling the truth! Thats also when I lost my real hand. This hand of mine here is a one of a kind artificial limb created by top Nazi Scientists in the 30's. An old friend of mine, who was a top ranking Nazi Officer and Cyborg, hooked me up with this after we finished defeating those demigods."

Grexeno

"One time I tried to sneak into a secret Mexican Nazi laboratory by dressing as a woman. It didn't go so well. There was also this one time I peeked at your grandmother in the bath."

cntr

Banned
from Reddit, a list of references from Part 1 to 3:

Part 1: Phantom Blood
Dio named after Ronnie James Dio
Wang Chen named after Wang Chung
Ogre Street named after the Queen song Ogre Battle
Speedwagon named after REO Speedwagon.
Zeppeli named after Led Zeppelin
Poco named after the band Poco
Tarkus named after the Emerson Lake and Palmer album Tarkus
Blueford named after Bill Bruford, drummer for Yes
Tonpetty (or Tompeti or Tompetty or however your subs spell his name), named after musician Tom Petty.
Dire and Straitzo, named after the band Dire Straits.
Doobie, named after the band The Doobie Brothers.
Page, Jones, Plant, and Bonham (the four zombies that introduce themselves) are all named after members of Led Zeppelin.
Father Styx is named after the band Styx. The man who spends his final moments on a boat was named after the band that sang Come Sail Away.
Reference Total: 13

Part 2: Battle Tendency
Smokey Brown is named after two musicians: Smokey Robinson, and James Brown (aka The Hardest Working Man In Show Business).
Donovan is named after the Scottish singer-songwriter Donovan.
Santana is named after singer Carlos Santana.
Kars is named after the band, Cars.
Esidisi is named after the band, AC/DC.
Wammu is named after the band, Wham!.
The Red Stone of Aja, named after the Steely Dan album Aja.
Lisa Lisa comes from the band Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam.
Air Supplena Island is named after the band Air Supply.
Messina and Loggins are named after singers Jim Messina and Kenny Loggins, respectively. Danger zone!
Suzi Q is either named after singer Suzie Quatro, or the song Suzie Q, famously covered by Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Wired Beck is named after the album by Jeff Beck, Wired.
Reference Total: 12

Part 3: Stardust Crusaders
Muhammad Avdol's name comes from the acclaimed Saudi musician Mohammed Abdu, also known as "The Artist of the Arabs". It could also be a reference to Paula Abdul.
DIO is hiding in Egypt. This is a reference to the song by Dio, Egypt (The Chains Are On).
Grey Fly's name is a play on Glenn Frey, a founding member of the Eagles.
Jean Pierre Polnareff is named after French musician Michel Polnareff. In some translations, he's called Jean Pierre Eiffel, named after band Eiffel 95.
Magician's Red's special attack, Crossfire Hurricane, is named after one of the lyrics of The Rolling Stone's Jumpin' Jack Flash: "I was born in a crossfire hurricane."
Captain Tennile is named after the musical duo Captain & Tennile. In some subs he's called "Captain Dragon", because Daryl Dragon was the "Captain" in Captain & Tennile.
Although this is never stated in the anime, Forever's full name is Wu-Tang Forever. So you know he ain't nothin to fuck wit.
Devo the Cursed's name is based off of the awesome music group DEVO. Some subs including the Crunchyroll ones call him "Soul Sacrifice", which is a reference to a Santana song.
Rubber Soul is named after a Beatles album. While disguised as Kakyoin, he eats beetles.
J. Geil is named after the J. Geils Band. In some subs (such as the Crunchyroll subs), he's called "Centerfold". This is the name of the one (1) hit song of the J. Geils Band.
Best husbando Hol Horse's name could be a reference to one of two things: The band Full Force, or the music duo Hall and Oates.
Polnareff's sister Sherry is named for a Michel Polnareff song, Tout, Tout Pour Ma Chérie (Cherie = Sherry, get it?)
Nena is named after the German singer of the same name, best known for 99 Luftballons.
ZZ (that's "Zii Zii" for you people watching the bad subs) is named after the Sharp Dressed Men, Los Tres Hombres themselves, ZZ Top.
Enya (that's Enyaba for people watching the shitty subs) is named after the Irish singer-songwriter Enya.
Steely Dan (or "Dan of Steel") is named after, you know, Steely Dan.
Arabia Fats is named after Fats Domino.
Mannish Boy is named after the Muddy Waters song of the same name, Mannish Boy.
The chickens Avdol's dad cares for on the island are named Prince, Lionel, and Michael. These are named after Prince (one of Araki's favorite musicians), Lionel Ritchie, and Michael Jackson.
Cameo is named after the band, you know, Cameo.
Suzi Q's butler, Roses, is named after the band Guns n' Roses
Midler is named after singer/actress Bette Midler.
Best girl Iggy is named after singer Iggy Pop.
N'Doul is named after the Senegalese musician Youssou N'Dour.
The lovable Oingo Boingo brothers are named after the lovable band Oingo Boingo. If you're watching the terrible subs, they're called Zenyatta and Mondatta, a reference to the name of a Police album.
The first person to wield Anubis is named Chaka. The second person to wield Anubis is named Khan. This is a reference to the favorite singer of moms everywhere, Chaka Khan.
Mariah is named after the singer Mariah Carey.
Alessi is named after the American pop duo, The Alessi Brothers.
D'Arby's last name is a reference to musician Terence Trent D'Arby.
Pet Shop is named after the music group Pet Shop Boys.
Kenny G is named after the musician Kenny G. In Crunchyroll subs, he's called Billie Jean, in reference to a Michael Jackson song.
Vanilla Ice is named after the rapper Vanilla Ice.
Cream is named after the band Cream. Vanilla Ice + Cream = Vanilla Ice Cream, get it?
Senator Wilson Phillips is named after the band Wilson Phillips
DIO's outfit has a significant heart motif, with green hearts everywhere. This is a reference to the song by Dio, Sacred Heart.
The World appears to have a diver's breathing apparatus on his back. This is a reference to Dio's most famous song, Holy Diver.
References Total: 36

Final Count: 60

Also, a lot of people think Jojo is named after the song Get Back ("Get back, Jojo."), but this is actually not true. It comes from a restaurant called "Jonathan's". The last name 'Joestar' was picked because Araki wanted him to have the same initials (JJ). Thus, Jonathan Joestar, or Jojo.

Squishy3

Since there were tweets about Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town being aired with episode 2 before the episode aired (although there's still plenty of time as the preview screens haven't been posted yet for this episode) makes me think we're waiting until the 8th for the new OP.

I could be wrong though and punch ghost me if I am

Mista Koo

The way you guys are hyping him up he better be amazing.
Whenever anything is hyped here you better set yourself up for disappointment.

Based on your name though I assumed you would have read the manga?

Muhammad Avdol's name comes from the acclaimed Saudi musician Mohammed Abdu, also known as "The Artist of the Arabs". It could also be a reference to Paula Abdul.
I'm pretty sure it was just Paula Abdul. If he was going to name him after an Arabic artist he would've gone for an Egyptian one, not only for thematic reasons but generally speaking they are more well known than any Saudi/Gulf musicians.

Whenever anything is hyped here you better set yourself up for disappointment.

Based on your name though I assumed you would have read the manga?
I just got asked that in the manga thread yesterday, so I'm going to quote myself from there.
tasteofaliar.jpg

Would be hilarious if true though.
Well since I've been summoned. No I really did just go on the Jojo wiki and look at the stands, someone else PMd me about it too. But I had the name "melophobia" before then decided to change it, I wanted Star Platinum after watching Stardust Crusaders, but it was taken like 2 months before , then I read a bit of part 4 (up till Koichi was kidnapped then just kinda stopped cuz of the anime) and wanted Crazy Diamond, also taken, so I just went on the wiki and chose a cool stand from the next part before it got popular in the anime and someone else took it. So I became Killer Queen, at the time I didn't really know how much significance it had, just saw its design , powers and user and I know it's user is the
main villain of part 4 but that's about it.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
No opening, and the ending is the same with some added stuff for the new characters, so I'm guessing we won't be getting a new ED for a while.

(Episode was as awesome as I was hoping. ETOCETERA ETOCETERA)

"Hello my name is definitely not Hirohiko Araki."

Araki is actually pretty different from Rohan in personality. He's even said that it's frustrating how people will sometimes be scared of talking to him because they assume that Rohan was a self insert.

edit: well he is a self insert but Araki isn't a big jerk face

Matsukaze

I think it's hilarious that Araki has said he and Rohan don't have much in common, and the reaction of the masses has always been "You're lying".

Episode lived up to my expectations. The flesh-to-page effect was well done and Rohan's VA did well.

Araki has said before that people have been scared to meet him because they thought Rohan was a self-insert, so they assumed Araki was also a crazy asshole genius, when he's really a nice guy.

But it doesn't help that Araki said if he could have any Stand, he'd want Heaven's Door.

edit: beaten :p

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Outside of the JoJos and Dio, Rohan is probably the most popular character.

Erigu

Araki is actually pretty different from Rohan in personality. He's even said that it's frustrating how people will sometimes be scared of talking to him because they assume that Rohan was a self insert.

edit: well he is a self insert but Araki isn't a big jerk face
He left me with a really good impression when I met him some years back, yeah.
... And I'm pretty sure I didn't lose any weight that day.

Defuser

Whats with weird art production for this episode. Koichi and Hazamada looks goofy as fuck and Hazamda looks shorter than usual.

Top Bottom