• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Dragon Gate iPPV tomorrow - not a very important card, storyline wise, but there's a bunch of matches that should be real fun. The main event, for one thing, with Masaaki Mochizuki teaming up with BxB Hulk as BxB Mochi! Also, the Monster Express vs Millennials 6-man tag should be certifiably insane, really looking forward to it;

Dragon Gate, "THE GATE OF MAXIMUM", 2014.07.03
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/DragonGate - $14.99

18:30 JST | 11:30 EU | 10:30 UK | 05:30 EST | 02:30 PST

0. Kenichiro Arai & Jimmy Kanda vs. Shisa BOY & Ryotsu Shimizu
1. Loser Gets Punch Perm Match: Chihiro Tominaga vs. "Mr. High Tension" Kotoka - *The loser must change their hair to a punch perm hairstyle, and return later in the show to show it to the fans
2. Mad Blankey (Cyber Kong, Kzy & Mondai Ryu) vs. Don Fujii, Gamma & "Hollywood" Stalker Ichikawa
3. 3 Way Match: Millennials (U-T & Yosuke♡Santa Maria) vs. Oretachi Veteran-gun (Dragon Kid & K-ness) vs. Jimmyz (Jimmy Kagetora & Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin)
4. Monster Express (Masato Yoshino & Ricochet) vs. Jimmyz (Jimmy Susumu & Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!)
5. Monster Express (Akira Tozawa, Shingo Takagi & Uhaa Nation) vs. Millennials (T-Hawk, Eita & Flamita)
6. Special Tag Match: Mad Blankey (YAMATO & Naruki Doi) vs. BxB Hulk, BxB Mochi

Some random gifs from the last iPPV;

YAMATO.gif
Kanda.gif
T-Hawk.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Probably won't catch Gate of Maximum, even though I enjoy Mad Blankey more than I should. I bet it'll be fun but I just got too much else to see.

Credo

Just caught up with the last 2 episodes of Austin's podcast. It was parts 1 and 2 of his Vince Russo interview. I had never heard him since I bailed on WCW before he became a big part of it. The combination of his voice and him pounding the table with every other word he says makes me hope I never hear Vince Russo again.

Just caught up with the last 2 episodes of Austin's podcast. It was parts 1 and 2 of his Vince Russo interview. I had never heard him since I bailed on WCW before he became a big part of it. The combination of his voice and him pounding the table with every other word he says makes me hope I never hear Vince Russo again.

Did you know Vince Russo invented god, heaven and hell, all mankind, and the attitude era?

I got the "You know it's fake right?" line at a wrestling show on Saturday. There were these two awful women sitting next to us (we later learned one of them was dating one of the wrestlers) and she dropped that line when I cheered for Curry Man coming out.
I politely explained that yes, it wasn't his real face and that he was wearing a mask.

RP912

Banned
Some dudes seem to be angry about wrestling being scripted in OT which is kinda weird.

"I can't understand it so I gotta hate everybody else that loves it"

It still blows my mind that its 2014 and folks still on that wrestling is fake bullshit. My wife used to be on that tip until she saw roman reigns...now she's a dedicated smark mark like myself.

People are always looking for ways to be better than others.

Watching wrestling, any wrestling, for about 30 seconds ever will reveal it is very, very fake. No one needs to be told it.

DMczaf

It still blows my mind that its 2014 and folks still on that wrestling is fake bullshit. My wife used to be on that tip until she saw roman reigns...now she's a dedicated smark mark like myself.

Sounds like Baby Girl is hooked.

Cagey

Banned

WIK3aJs.gif

My fiance thinks most wrestlers are gross, other than some half-asian dude named TJ Perkins we saw at an ROH show and (inexplicably) Alberto Del Rio. She disappoints me greatly in her taste in wrestling manmeat.

RP912

Banned
WIK3aJs.gif

My fiance thinks most wrestlers are gross, other than some half-asian dude named TJ Perkins we saw at an ROH show and (inexplicably) Alberto Del Rio. She disappoints me greatly in her taste in wrestling manmeat.

Yea my wife doesn't really care for the overly muscle heads. Especially cena who she despise on a regular basis. I remember he came out for one of his delightful promos and she was like "this friggin buzzkill".

It was awesome.

WIK3aJs.gif

TJ Perkins is Filipino you goddamn dammit!

Cagey

Banned
I honestly think Seth is best looking guy on the roster right now.

She thought Seth looked like a girl, and not in a good way.

More observations:
- Steph looks like a dude and definitely wears a strap-on with Triple H (I then informed her that's a commonly made joke)
- Cena looks like an ogre
- The musclehead guys are "too much"
- Orton looks like a douche with his tattoos
- There's too much talking on the show
- Why does everyone always have to fight to settle their differences
- They should all go to college
- Alberto Del Rio in those snazzy suits is hot in a "swarthy" way

I make her watch as penance for making me suffer through her wrestling shows -- Real Housewives of _____.

TJ Perkins is Filipino you goddamn dammit!

Oh my bad. I'd never seen him before, we had second row tickets to an ROH show, and he looked half-Asian to us and "really really good looking" to her.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
She thought Seth looked like a girl, and not in a good way.

More observations:
- Steph looks like a dude and definitely wears a strap-on with Triple H (I then informed her that's a commonly made joke).

Jealousy's not a hot look playboy

Seth Rollins is a distant third in terms of "good looking Shield dudes".

But I'm sure he does great at picking up girls at the mall now that school is out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seth Rollins is a distant third in terms of "good looking Shield dudes".

But I'm sure he does great at picking up girls at the mall now that school is out.

Third? Ambrose is the most homely of them all. They're all doing good for themselves.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
His heel IC run was one of the best, if not the best, of the last 10 years

Heel Santino was one of the highlights of 2007.

I still remember people marking out like motherfuckers when he almost won at elimination chamber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KYppySTahU

That was one of the best moments because even if you knew there was no way he was going to win, just seeing the crowd behind him almost pulling it off made you believe that he just might. We don't get a lot of these lately, sadly.

RP912

Banned
Heel Santino was one of the highlights of 2007.

That was one of the best moments because even if you knew there was no way he was going to win, just seeing the crowd behind him almost pulling it off made you believe that he just might. We don't get a lot of these lately, sadly.

Kofi almost getting the briefcase was one of those moments. My heart dropped and the world stopped when he was almost close.

Kofi still sucks though.

Top Bottom