• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My hometown gave you:
Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Stu Hart
Teddy Hart
Bruce Hart
Jim Neidhart
Nattie Neidhart
Tyson Kidd
Harry Smith
Bad News Allen Brown
Lance Storm
Jinder Mahal

And the list of people who trained here is about 5x that. I guess once the oil is gone we will move to wrestling based economy.

And Archie Gouldie. Dude was fucking awesome, man. So fucking awesome. I love that man. The Stomper!

mCsoQYW.jpg

All franchise fried chicken crap tastes the same. You live down south and you ain't eating mom and pops fried chicken, you have royally fucked up.
I like Popeye's but it can't hold a lick to local places.

I get to co-sign this.

Which reminds, me I met Angle in a grocery store when I was a kid. I didn't notice him at first but he was totally fishing for my attention.

Also, back when I wasn't watching WWE, I saw Iron Man 2 with Randy Orton. Him and two other guys (maybe Legacy?) walked into the theater and sat behind me.

Did he take a dump in your popcorn?

And Archie Gouldie. Dude was fucking awesome, man. So fucking awesome. I love that man. The Stomper!

mCsoQYW.jpg

Not from Calgary to my knowledge. If I were to list every Hart or Storm trainee then it would be a much longer (and better) list.

Also, Jinder and Teddy Hart are both rad in person. Both as wrestlers and as humans.

Razorskin

----- ------
My hometown (Montreal):
----- ------
Maryse
The Rougeau Brothers
Pat Patterson
Rick Martel
+ a ton billed from here but born elsewhere in Quebec

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fun fact: I lived down the block from where that was shot! I saw the crowd!

:O

Bad News really should have been a bigger star than he was. Dude was a great wrestler, legit badass, great look, great talker. He really would have been great as the first black world champion.

Yeah he was in a bad time frame really - by the time he got to WWF, he was a little older and fatter and I guess it was too much. He could talk like hell and bust his ass in the ring. I liked him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rewatching shitty era WCW, I think as a child I didn't appreciate Disco, Scott Steiner, and Buff. Like, yeah, Buff is annoying as fuck and not a very good wrestler, but at least he fucking tries. At least he comes off as enthusiastic about his fucking job.

Where as little kid me was like 'Yeah Sting!' but now I watch it and can only think of Sting like I think of shoot Bret Hart. Where I'm like 'can someone please kick this old man off tv if he's just going to be bitter and phone it in the entire time?' And Disco's a better wrestler than I remember. I really like his matches with some of the luchadores.

I was surprised how much Andre the Giant loved him.

Andre respects those who don't act like pussies around him. I can't remember who I watched the interview of but they wrestled Andre and Andre would stiff the fuck out of new guys to see how they react. The guy came backstage and said like, 'hey man, why'd you fucking stiff me?' and Andre saw that as a sign that he wasn't a spineless wuss, so he said 'No problem, boss. Won't happen again.'

Where as now Dolph Ziggler would get on twitter and @Andrethegiant this big bully hit me! so much for #bastar

Bad News really should have been a bigger star than he was. Dude was a great wrestler, legit badass, great look, great talker. He really would have been great as the first black world champion.

I loved Bad News and he did have a great look. He should have gotten more higher prestige feuds than he ended up having which was like what, maybe 2 or 3?

jred2k

I am from and live in a town with 1500 people. We don't have famous wrestlers, sprawl, or music videos. We do have youth out-migration and more old people than I ever care to see. My library could fit inside stro's comic book section. I need to move.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wolfpack should have just been Buff and Disco acting like idiots while Scott Steiner went crazy on people in the ring.

Just embrace the chaos.

People are supposed to move away from Idaho, not to Idaho.

Floyd-Mayweather-Larry-Merchant-Post-Fight-Ring-Interview.jpg

You son of a bitch

Actually Idaho is pretty awesome and a great place to raise a family. Just not a good spot to make your mark

I am from and live in a town with 1500 people. We don't have famous wrestlers, sprawl, or music videos. We do have youth out-migration and more old people than I ever care to see. My library could fit inside stro's comic book section. I need to move.

BROTHERRRRRRR!

The town I lived in in Cali was 1500 people. It was awesome.

XenoRaven

I might come across as a huge dick but I don't understand this fascination with making dead pet threads in OT. Like I get posting it in a community thread where you know and talk to people. But making a thread about it serves no purpose other than for people to file in and do sad face emotes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I might come across as a huge dick but I don't understand this fascination with making dead pet threads in OT. Like I get posting it in a community thread where you know and talk to people. But making a thread about it serves no purpose other than for people to file in and do sad face emotes.

Hey man, sometimes when you lose someone close, you have nowhere to turn to talk about it. I'm going to be crushed the day it happens. I don't know if I'd make a thread but for some people it's cathartic.

I have a tough time deciding if I'm going to click on them. If the OP includes a picture I end up crying at work. It's rough.

jred2k

There was a group of about 8-10 people here, during the Attitude Era, that put on backyard wrestling shows. Everyone in it had knock-off names of wrestlers in WWF at the time. The fat dude in it was named Jameser instead of Vader and there was a guy scrawnier than Peter Avalon that named himself The Heartbreak Boy or something similar. The video store here would rent their tapes out for free before the store went out of business. I wish I had bought those tapes when the store was clearing out because they would be great to put on Youtube now.

zychi

Banned
My hometown gives you the best wwe crowd besides day after wrestlemania.

And the best in the world

You're welcome.

jred2k

Hey man, sometimes when you lose someone close, you have nowhere to turn to talk about it. I'm going to be crushed the day it happens. I don't know if I'd make a thread but for some people it's cathartic.

I have a tough time deciding if I'm going to click on them. If the OP includes a picture I end up crying at work. It's rough.

Yeah I had to put my dog down about a year ago and someone made a thread about having to do the same thing on the same day. It was nice to have a place to talk to someone else who was having to deal with he same thing at the same time. Plus, GAF is by and large a pretty supportive place so I think it helps make people comfortable with posting that kind of stuff in OT and expecting to see a bunch "lol ur dogs ded" kind of posts.

Top Bottom