• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am enjoying Second Son a little bit more once I got
Neon
powers, but now I'm wondering why would I EVER go back to the old ones when these outclass them in every way? seems like bad design.

Hasney

Neon
powers, but now I'm wondering why would I EVER go back to the old ones when these outclass them in every way? seems like bad design.

Eh, I never went back to smoke much once I had that and the other one. Smokes fine as a starter, but the other 2 do feel like upgrades.

Really great main event on the Dragon Gate show - the BxB Hulk vs Mad Blankey gauntlet ended early (after much MB interference), but turned into an impromptu Hulk, CIMA, T-Hawk, Susumu & Tozawa vs Mad Blankey match that was just classic Dragon Gate madness. Good show overall, the Millenials vs Veteran Oretachi-gun tag and Monster Express vs Jimmyz really delivered and the undercard stuff was pretty fun.

Neon

They do have their individual strengths, but for the most part I don't think the developers intended you to switch back, unless in a pinch - as evidenced by the 'force you to use smoke' game design the story throws at you later on. Personally, I think I would've switched more if it was something I could do on the fly, rather than having to seek out a power source. For the most part, I just stuck with the power that was easiest to get around with. Still enjoyed it, but one playthrough was enough.

strobogo

Banned
Cunt is fine you fucking cunts.

I guess all of these should be bad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs_by_ethnicity

And these ones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_slang_terms

These entertain as I don't know most of them. Bone smuggler for a gay guy? That's a new one.

EDIT: Knight of the Pork Sword

Some of those are so weird. Eggplant and bluegum for black people? WTF powder burn? Tea pot? Coon used to refer to black and white people? Calling Italians cake (in Canada)? Peckerwood that appears to be about poor red heads.

Then you get into specific areas and they're so silly and I find it hard to believe that there really are people that find them offensive.

The LGBT ones are hilariously stupid, though. 2-3 on the whole page are offensive and the rest sound like people making up the most ridiculous shit they can, which no one can find to be a slur.

Gay slurs that could be wrestling nicknames on the indies:

Anal Assassin
Anal Buccaneer
Bone smuggler
Crafty Butcher
Knight of the Pork Sword
Oklahomo
Rectal Pioneer
Uphill gardener

How could anyone get called any of those and not laugh? How could anyone CALL anyone any of those and not laugh?

Zach

Some of those are so weird. Eggplant and bluegum for black people? WTF powder burn? Tea pot? Coon used to refer to black and white people? Calling Italians cake (in Canada)? Peckerwood that appears to be about poor red heads.

Then you get into specific areas and they're so silly and I find it hard to believe that there really are people that find them offensive.

The LGBT ones are hilariously stupid, though. 2-3 on the whole page are offensive and the rest sound like people making up the most ridiculous shit they can, which no one can find to be a slur.

Anal Assassin
Anal Buccaneer
Bone smuggler
Crafty Butcher
Knight of the Pork Sword
Oklahomo
Rectal Pioneer
Uphill gardener

How could anyone get called any of those and not laugh? How could anyone CALL anyone any of those and not laugh?

What'd you say, boy?

strobogo

Banned
What'd you say, boy?

2637%20-%20glasses%20hat%20oklahoma%20wcw.png

strobogo

Banned
I wonder if each state has their own gay slur. Like Indi Anna maybe? I just can't see someone calling someone else an Oklahomo and trying to call that a slur.

Arkansas Anal Architect
Maryland Mary
Nebraska Ass Knight

It's so stupid.

DiscoJon

Banned
I taught with a guy named Roman for a number of years. He was a gay color guard instructor from OK and we would call him "Oklaroman" when ever we had a show in OK. At some point on tour he used the phrase "Oklahomo" to disrcribe himself. It was hilarious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bootaaay how are you coping with BxB Hulk winning

jmdajr

So why is the term pussy bad now? I guess it's because it's associated with bullying and peer pressure? I figure 99% of the time that's how it's used.

-Don't be such a pussy dude, watch this compilation of John Cena matches.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Anal Assassin
Anal Buccaneer
Bone smuggler
Crafty Butcher
Knight of the Pork Sword
Oklahomo
Rectal Pioneer
Uphill gardener

What about Sunflower?!??!?!? :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So why is the term pussy bad now? I guess it's because it's associated with bullying and peer pressure? I figure 99% of the time that's how it's used.

It suggests that being saddled with a "THAT'S SOMETHING GIIIIIIRLS HAVE" is a sign of weakness. But like that boring Betty White meme you've seen a couple years ago, being a pussy is good because they take a pounding.

It's just gendered shit. I try to call people weenies as much as I can. That's MY gender, I'm gonna use it goddammit.

strobogo

Banned

Because it is insulting a man's manliness by comparing him to a woman, a group which is soft and weak even though they bleed monthly and squeeze human beings out of a tiny hole. Vaginas are strong as fuck. It's a weird insult. I find referring to vaginas as pussies more offensive and gross, because the insult implying weakness makes no sense.

jmdajr

It suggests that being saddled with a "THAT'S SOMETHING GIIIIIIRLS HAVE" is a sign of weakness. But like that boring Betty White meme you've seen a couple years ago, being a pussy is good because they take a pounding.

It's just gendered shit. I try to call people weenies as much as I can. That's MY gender, I'm gonna use it goddammit.

Because it is insulting a man's manliness by comparing him to a woman, a group which is soft and weak even though they bleed monthly and squeeze human beings out of a tiny hole. Vaginas are strong as fuck. It's a weird insult. I find referring to vaginas as pussies more offensive and gross, because the insult implying weakness makes no sense.

They aren't comparing them to cats?

Zach

I wonder if each state has their own gay slur. Like Indi Anna maybe? I just can't see someone calling someone else an Oklahomo and trying to call that a slur.

Arkansas Anal Architect
Maryland Mary
Nebraska Ass Knight

It's so stupid.

Alabama - Anal Slamma
Georgia - GeorGia Carangi
Illinois - Drillin' Boy
Kentucky - Men [expletive deleted]-ian

Alright, I'm bored.

Alucard

Banned

It trivializes a female body part by insinuating that vaginas are weak and therefore women are weak. It's like saying "Are you a woman?!" where being a woman is something to be ashamed of. Similar to calling someone gay or retarded.

Instead of 'pussy,' you could say coward, weakling, or just say that someone is soft or delicate...although we could get into hyper sensitive PC mode and say that "hey! it's okay to be soft and delicate!" In the end, progressive society is trying to eliminate bullying and negative language in general.
Whether you agree or disagree is up to you.

Personally, I'm having a hard time eliminating the words "crazy" and "insane" from my vocabulary, as there is a recent movement seeking to eliminate these as negative words that refer to people with mental health issues.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It trivializes a female body part by insinuating that vaginas are weak and therefore women are weak. It's like saying "Are you a woman?!" where being a woman is something to be ashamed of. Similar to calling someone gay or retarded.

Instead of 'pussy,' you could say coward, weakling, or just say that someone is soft or delicate...although we could get into hyper sensitive PC mode and say that "hey! it's okay to be soft and delicate!" In the end, progressive society is trying to eliminate bullying and negative language in general.

Even calling someone weak is saying that strength is what EVERYONE should strive for. Check your empowerment privilege!

jmdajr

Pretty soon John Cena won't be able to insult anyone.

edit: Anyhow I was just curious. I can't remember using those terms to hurt anyone. Most terms were used against me even though that was mostly NERD or NINTENDO FREAK.

So is it still ok to call people Nerds? Because that hurt my feelings! And it was simply used because I got good grades. THE HORROR!

Alucard

Banned
Even calling someone weak is saying that strength is what EVERYONE should strive for. Check your empowerment privilege!

I know. And that's why I mentioned hyper sensitive PC mode. I get the idea of pushing for equal treatment and placing equal value on all humans, but at some point I still think we need to have some core things that all people should strive for. Although getting into deeper philosophy, an argument can be made that why the hell should we all agree that we all have to "strive" for anything. Technically, I didn't choose to be a part of my society and it's norms, so why should I adhere to them if I'm a person capable of making personal choices? Or something something.

Not sure I'm making myself clear here.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

He shouldn't be allowed to currently.

Let's break down how damaging his "He has no pearls in his pants" jeer is.

Quick and dirty, it means he has no balls. That means Cena is saying Wyatt isn't a MAN, and isn't part of this "what it is to be a man" social construct that Cena's been reinforcing over the years. In suggesting that Bray Wyatt doesn't have male genitalia, not even just the penis but the actual organs that produce children, he can't advance the patriarchal society if he's having sex with (assumed) women.

So, Cena sings this and Little Jimmy says "hey, these balls of mine are what makes me a MAN." and drags that patriarchal viewpoint into his daily life, which may include bullying of others - continuing the cycle of hate and admission of "if you're not a MAN, you are nothing."

Little Jenny on the other hand hears this and says to herself, her impressionable mind, "I don't have these. Am I nobody? Can I not stand up and fight? Am I a weakling for not being born that way?" and it haunts her entire childhood. It calls back to anything she's ever experienced from a male-dominated society and reinforces the basic phrase "you are nothing unless you are a male" that John Cena is more than happy to perpetuate.

Cena should stop with these jeers. It's damaging, and that's just the kids. Never mind parental pressure telling kids to "man up" or "grow some balls" - it's primitive, and he should be making cave drawings to show how much a product of evolution he truly is.

jmdajr

I know. And that's why I mentioned hyper sensitive PC mode. I get the idea of pushing for equal treatment and placing equal value on all humans, but at some point I still think we need to have some core things that all people should strive for. Although getting into deeper philosophy, an argument can be made that why the hell should we all agree that we all have to "strive" for anything. Technically, I didn't choose to be a part of my society and it's norms, so why should I adhere to them if I'm a person capable of making personal choices? Or something something.

Not sure I'm making myself clear here.

FREEDOM! Well who knows. I'm totally all for being against cruel bullying. But seems the right to be an Asshole will be taken away.

Alucard

Banned

edit: Anyhow I was just curious. I can't remember using those terms to hurt anyone. Most terms were used against me even though that was mostly NERD or NINTENDO FREAK.

So is it still ok to call people Nerds? Because that hurt my feelings! And it was simply used because I got good grades. THE HORROR!

I think "nerd" is one of those words that is now being reclaimed by the same people accused of being nerds. It has a more positive meaning today than in the past and it's okay for someone to say "I'm a nerd" if they're comfortable with attributing that identity to themselves. You have to keep in mind that by applying a label to yourself, you're essentially stereotyping yourself, which comes with a specific image that people will have of you because of you owning that label.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
92856.png

'You have the title, and I would like the title therefore I would like to challenge you to a match if that is ok.'

5/5 promo
Not offensive to anyone
'I tried to be offended but couldn't find a way to.' says one Brandon Stroud.

jmdajr

Well this whole acceptance thing is great, but like Sunny said the other day, certain groups still need to be shamed for abhorrent behavior.

Alucard

Banned

Quick and dirty, it means he has no balls. That means Cena is saying Wyatt isn't a MAN, and isn't part of this "what it is to be a man" social construct that Cena's been reinforcing over the years. In suggesting that Bray Wyatt doesn't have male genitalia, not even just the penis but the actual organs that produce children, he can't advance the patriarchal society if he's having sex with (assumed) women.

So, Cena sings this and Little Jimmy says "hey, these balls of mine are what makes me a MAN." and drags that patriarchal viewpoint into his daily life, which may include bullying of others - continuing the cycle of hate and admission of "if you're not a MAN, you are nothing."

Little Jenny on the other hand hears this and says to herself, her impressionable mind, "I don't have these. Am I nobody? Can I not stand up and fight? Am I a weakling for not being born that way?" and it haunts her entire childhood. It calls back to anything she's ever experienced from a male-dominated society and reinforces the basic phrase "you are nothing unless you are a male" that John Cena is more than happy to perpetuate.

Cena should stop with these jeers. It's damaging, and that's just the kids. Never mind parental pressure telling kids to "man up" or "grow some balls" - it's primitive, and he should be making cave drawings to show how much a product of evolution he truly is.

I tip my Cedora to you, sir. And patriarchy is totally a part of the implicit mythology in wrestling and will continue to be so until someone is put in power who has some kind of education in sociology or just liberal arts anything. Vince is an old school dude with old school views of courage, bravery, honor, and "manliness."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I tip my Cedora to you, sir. And patriarchy is totally a part of the implicit mythology in wrestling and will continue to be so until someone is put in power who has some kind of education in sociology or just liberal arts anything. Vince is an old school dude with old school views of courage, bravery, honor, and "manliness."

Or is he? He's given the company to Stephanie. Daddy's Little Girl, patriarchy aside, has the real power. They employ Jane Geddes in a very high position. WWE is going to be a good example for people. The wheels of justice turn slowly.

HEELs should still be total jerks though.

right?

I truly believe if you're playing a character, as EVERYONE is, anything goes.

Be a racist character. Get people to hate you. Be abhorrent. Get people to feel REAL SHIT about you, whether it's real or not. Nobody makes a stink about someone in a movie or TV show playing a racist piece of shit. They say "oh well I hope they die/get ass kicked/etc" depending on the show. It's WWE so people would want to see a racist get beat up. It also provides a good launch pad to talk to your children or peers about WHY what they are doing is wrong. I think neutering heels to not be TOO bad is a shame, and I'd love to see something more edgy, and not just in the titty sense.

I want to see characters with convictions, flawed as they may be, telling stories.

strobogo

Banned

ibiCVgm3LSkTjs.gif

No one ever thinks of Little Jenny.

Impressive haul from the liberried. Took back the X books because they're in black and white and I may be a crazy pussy, but I like my comics with color unless they're supposed to be black and white. Takes away so much. So I pikcedup up a trade of the first year of Ultimate X-Men and a big collection of Uncanny X-Men. More importantly, I got the double dvd of Godzilla vs Space Godzilla/Destoroyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Plus Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla II. And the first one. And a set of 8 Showa movies. Included on the set are Gorjira, Godzilla King of the Monsters, Godzilla Raids Again, Mothra vs Godzilla (one of my favorites in the whole series), both Ghidorah movies, All Monsters attack, Terror of Mechagodzilla.

Big fan of the OG Mothra movie, all Mecha movies, and Destoroyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Many new Legit Shook gifs to come over the next few days.

Alucard

Banned
Well this whole acceptance thing is great, but like Sunny said the other day, certain groups still need to be shamed for abhorrent behavior.

For sure. It's why the idea of categorical acceptance of all people is so controversial. Every life has value, but not every person's actions and words should be accepted if they go against what is humane and decent. But that brings up the question of which moral paradigm you want to subscribe to. Who decides what is right and wrong to do and say? Society? The individual? God? An inherent nebulous "morality"?

Cagey

Banned

Somewhere (undoubtedly a feminist bookstore), Brandon Stroud cried a single, gluten-free tear of joy.

strobogo

Banned
Or is he? He's given the company to Stephanie. Daddy's Little Girl, patriarchy aside, has the real power. They employ Jane Geddes in a very high position. WWE is going to be a good example for people. The wheels of justice turn slowly.

Also, Linda was very much a huge part of the company during the expansion era and Golden Era. And directly assumed control of the company for much of the 90s while Vince was in trouble. She's really an equal partner with Vince in the company. She held down more of the business side while he held down the on screen stuff.

Entropia

No One Remembers

JD1Q1dl.gif

OziEunE.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Linda was very much a huge part of the company during the expansion era and Golden Era. And directly assumed control of the company for much of the 90s while Vince was in trouble. She's really an equal partner with Vince in the company. She held down more of the business side while he held down the on screen stuff.

Correct correct! I'd argue that Vince is making what appears to be a patriarchal-driven product while the truth is, everyone in his company is equal and not judged on how fucking shitty of a person they are, or how they're born, or the color of their skin or their sexual orientation or their sexual identifiers.

The world's a stage.

Top Bottom