• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Not sure what the fuck's going on with AJPW, but Akiyama and Shiraishi seem to have come to an agreement;

Bpbx1U7CMAAWQaP.jpg

Seems like All Japan will be dissolved to create a new group led by Akiyama. Thirteen wrestlers from All Japan will follow him, while others will likely be used as freelancers. Shiraishi won't let them use the new Triple Crown he had commissioned recently, but it's speculated that Makoto Baba (the widow of Giant Baba) has agreed to hand over the original Triple Crown to Akiyama's new group. Shiraishi (the money mark for AJPW) also mentioned he won't be sponsoring Akiyama financially, so presumably there's money coming from elsewhere - plus, it was revealed that Shiraishi only had the All Japan roster signed to 6 month contracts that expire on 06/30, which presumably is what opened the way for Akiyama and his backers to make this play for the promotion.

Also, here's a good Briscoe Brothers promo to make you wonder why WWE haven't signed them yet;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtAxXDul-UU

And an accompanying tweet to remind you why WWE haven't signed them yet;

CUGUhgS.png

Lastly, Karl Anderson has had to cancel his appearance at the RevPro show on the 15th, but he's sending a replacement...

41852Bx.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Not sure what the fuck's going on with AJPW, but Akiyama and Shiraishi seem to have come to an agreement;

Bpbx1U7CMAAWQaP.jpg

Seems like All Japan will be dissolved to create a new group led by Akiyama. Thirteen wrestlers from All Japan will follow him, while others will likely be used as freelancers. Shiraishi won't let them use the new Triple Crown he had commissioned recently, but it's speculated that Makoto Baba (the widow of Giant Baba) has agreed to hand over the original Triple Crown to Akiyama's new group. Shiraishi (the money mark for AJPW) also mentioned he won't be sponsoring Akiyama financially, so presumably there's money coming from elsewhere - plus, it was revealed that Shiraishi only had the All Japan roster signed to 6 month contracts that expire on 06/30, which presumably is what opened the way for Akiyama and his backers to make this play for the promotion.

Also, here's a good Briscoe Brothers promo to make you wonder why WWE haven't signed them yet;

CUGUhgS.png

Lastly, Karl Anderson has had to cancel his appearance at the RevPro show on the 15th, but he's sending a replacement...

41852Bx.jpg

Jay Briscoe is one of the top five promos in wrestling today. Probably top three. But he's also a redneck homophobe sooooo... :( Makes me sad.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Guys, I'm seriously considering stepping away from Impact, but I know I'm going to get sucked into watching Slammiversary and the New York shows just to see the crowd reactions. Plus, Muta is scheduled to be at those shows.

And where the hell has the TNA X Division Champion been for two weeks? I need me some Sanada vignettes.
It is back to being unwatchable. Televised wrestling except for ROH is unwatchable again

Sblargh

Banned
I wonder how even RoH still keep them. I mean, as good as they are, have outspoken homophobes is not a good idea for a wrestling promotion expecting to grow on the back of young suburban fans.

PInk Tape

Banned
It's a play on words. It's hatred to all the people who said Yes to Yuke's. Fuck them.

People are just so stubborn with their games staying the same. It really sucks for people who want a good wrestling game and are open to change. Hell if one of 2k's teams were given control of it, it may improve things or worsen them but now we'll never know :(

I thought he meant the other movement. Welp.

Alucard

Banned
It is back to being unwatchable. Televised wrestling except for ROH is unwatchable again

Pretty much. This week on ROH we got a very good ACH/Roderick Strong match, setup for Lethal's TV Title defense at Best in the World, and a stiff bout between Briscoe and Bennett. Plus, Maria.

So yeah, ROH, and by the sounds of it, NXT, are the two best regular viewing options right now.

Alucard

Banned
I wonder how even RoH still keep them. I mean, as good as they are, have outspoken homophobes is not a good idea for a wrestling promotion expecting to grow on the back of young suburban fans.

Jay Briscoe was taken off TV in an "injury" angle shortly after he made an ignorant comment or two on twitter. He was the champion around that time too. Some fans probably even agree with the Briscoes. If you've been to an ROH or any wrestling show, you'll know that the quality of people isn't always top shelf. Just referring to intelligence, which stems from a lack of education.

I don't think Sinclair Broadcasting are too bothered by what Jay says (as long as it doesn't gain any major attention), they're a pretty right-leaning, Christian run sort of company.

Bpbx1U7CMAAWQaP.jpg

CUGUhgS.png

41852Bx.jpg

What? So AJPW is going to be no more?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AJPW's a mess. I read the Observer writeup and it looks like everyone should just hide in the bunker and wait for shit to blow over. I can't imagine working for it.

Man, I fucking hate summer classes.

A shit ton of reading is expected every day, and stuff just goes by crazy fast.

Plus they're gonna make me miss the MS conf and the Nintendo Direct next week since they're in the morning. Goddammit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Plus they're gonna make me miss the MS conf and the Nintendo Direct next week since they're in the morning. Goddammit.

Nothing ever happens at those

jmdajr

Yup I did that to finish in four years. It sucked.(but worth it)

Yeah, I posted about this a while back, is Fale actually any good? I've not heard good things...

Fale's ok, but doesn't have a ton of experience. He's perfectly competent, but I wouldn't expect an amazing match out of him. The best we can hope for with him against Mastiff is that they just go at it and beat the crap out of each other for ten minutes or so.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Open world games without day/night cycles are the worst.

Fale's ok, but doesn't have a ton of experience. He's perfectly competent, but I wouldn't expect an amazing match out of him. The best we can hope for with him against Mastiff is that they just go at it and beat the crap out of each other for ten minutes or so.

Isn't that every Mastiff match? Seems like it's always BIG GUY vs BIG GUY SLUGFEST. Would get old after a while.

strobogo

Banned
Let's challenge ourselves to not post gifs for 24 hours.

How dare you.

LEAST FAVE FIVE

1. Joelseph
2. Bean Breath
3. Bean Breath
4. Weird guy obsessed with Paramore girl
5. Bean Breath

Aiii has been removed from the list as he's been mostly normal for a few weeks and that Paramore guy is even weirder about a woman he'll never meet.

So All Japan is dead, NOAH is on life support (and could get bought out by NJPW any day now), Dragon Gate's stock has heavily fallen, Wrestle-1 is too new to care about, and IGF is fuck Inoki.

Congratulations Bushiroad. You are the Vince McMahon of Japan.

So All Japan is dead, NOAH is on life support (and could get bought out by NJPW any day now), Dragon Gate's stock has heavily fallen, Wrestle-1 is too new to care about, and IGF is fuck Inoki.

Bushiroad even works with NOAH on their trading card game! I have the damn pack!

FORCE EM OUT WITH MONEY

Also, holy shit at that Akiyama/AJPW thing. What the fuck

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ask the real question here. How many of you won't get banned by the end of e3?

Sunny getting banned is a given, of course.

somedevil

Some Interesting news on Impact:

At last word there was no new contract signed between TNA and Spike TV but it's said that most likely a deal will be in place before the current deal expires in October. Official word from Spike representatives is that there is no TNA update.

Spike has had other wrestling groups pitch their programming but not Jeff Jarrett. Jarrett agreed not to work with Spike TV when he left TNA.

So what other wrestling groups out there want to do tv? Its not Jarrett or ROH.

Isn't that every Mastiff match? Seems like it's always BIG GUY vs BIG GUY SLUGFEST. Would get old after a while.

Not at all, it's just that Mastiff is one of the fewer good big guys wrestling over here, so if you've got someone like Fale coming it makes sense to do a big man vs big man match. Also, that match was meant to be Karl Anderson vs Mastiff and Mastiff has wrestled a fair few smaller guys like Mark Haskins, Noam Dar, El Ligero, etc.

Dragon Gate are doing fine, they're the clear number 2 promotion at the moment - All Japan are screwed, but perhaps an Akiyama-led company can get the fans interested again. NOAH aren't drawing too badly at the moment and have definitely turned their product around, but there's a lack of main event stars. W-1 is weird, just a lot of wasted potential and poor attendances, so who knows how long Mutoh's willing to keep it going. Ideally, two of those three promotions would unify, but there's too many big egos for that to happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why will nobody finance my movie plan?

Okada and Yujiro as badass bancho asshole kids raising hell in a bike gang led by Lance Archer, and Blue Justice Nagata as the tired principal who whips them into shape.

Or just remake GTO with NJPW's roster. MY CRESTAAAAAAA! I can see Nagata doing it now.

Top Bottom