• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

The thirst in those buildings when Susumu takes his shirt off is ridiculous.

Also, I just read that Alex Shelley is out of the Super Jr's with a shoulder injury. Fuck. That makes the semi-finals for the iPPV;

KUSHIDA vs Taichi
Taguchi vs Ricochet

Eh....fucking
Taguchi's
winning it, isn't he?

mrboo001

Banned
Ask the real question here. How many of you won't get banned by the end of e3?

Sunny getting banned is a given, of course.

I never post, so how could I get banned?

Today is my last day of work. I don't have another job lined up but I'm suppose to get a job interview where my nephew works at "soon". Part of me wants to cut a promo on the way out but I still need the reference.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's really popular with women. Sort of makes it the wrestling equivalent of My Little Pony now that I think of it.

Pretty much all the Japanese wrestling promotions have been popular with women, especially since the joshi industry died down.
naitou4uep.gif

Hasney

Oh god, that "No Final Fantasy 15 or Kingdom Hearts 3 news, but here's XII Lightning Collection for PS4/XB1" news is horrible.

I'd rather they announce nothing. It'd be like "The following showing of NXT Takeover has been cancelled. Instead, please enjoy this dramatic re-creation of the Kennel from Hell match"

So All Japan is dead, NOAH is on life support (and could get bought out by NJPW any day now), Dragon Gate's stock has heavily fallen, Wrestle-1 is too new to care about, and IGF is fuck Inoki.

Congratulations Bushiroad. You are the Vince McMahon of Japan.

DDT still lives!

So do the random joshi companies.

But Japan's basically Dragon Gate and NJPW these days.

Oh god, that "No Final Fantasy 15 or Kingdom Hearts 3 news, but here's XII Lightning Collection for PS4/XB1" news is horrible.

I'd rather they announce nothing. It'd be like "The following showing of NXT Takeover has been cancelled. Instead, please enjoy this dramatic re-creation of the Kennel from Hell match"
Not sure why they would even waste manpower on remastering those, I thought 13-2 and 3 were pretty much flops. The original I didn't think was that bad, well at least the little I played of it.

gurudyne

A dramatic recreation of HiaK has the potential to be good. There's enough there to write a story around. I think you meant "Enjoy this replay of Hell in a Kennel in its entirety."

Hasney

A dramatic recreation of HiaK has the potential to be good. There's enough there to write a story around. I think you meant "Enjoy this replay of Hell in a Kennel in its entirety."

True, you're right. More "Kennel in Hell... Now upscaled to 1080p!!!" rather than dramatic recreation.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-

Wow. The first half was pretty trash, but things picked up in the second half. WarGames specifically was amazing. So intense and inspired. A filthy, bloody war. It was good for a full letter grade increase, which keeps the B streak alive in 1992! Woo!

TNA should release a DVD of all the terrible episodes over the years that made prominent reviewers swear off Impact. There's got to be at least a dozen so-bad-they-make-you-question-your-sanity episodes, well enough to fill a DVD.

PInk Tape

Banned
I'm not even going to attempt here when E3 goes live. I'm sparing myself the headache; if anything I'll discuss stuff on the alternate chat where most of us will be inhabiting during the server struggle.

Let's challenge ourselves to not post gifs for 24 hours.

Personal challenge accepted.

EHkPg0X.png

tm24

Guys, should i change my name to TheMyzteziz24? I'm fairly certain i'll do more for the Myzteziz name than the actual Myzteziz

jmdajr

1980p vs 720p has to be one of the most annoying feuds ever.

Granted if I had both consoles I'd buy the better version, but the the importance to the average audience is negligible.

We still can't even get out of SD TV era, which kind of annoys me, but its' reality.

1980p vs 720p has to be one of the most annoying feuds ever.

Granted if I had both consoles I'd buy the better version, but the the importance to the average audience is negligible.

We still can't even get out of SD TV era.

pffft. We been out. Bring on 4K baybee.

Top Bottom