• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

LAYIN DOWN THE LAW , PREPARE FOR WAR!!!

Tournament of death first details
‘Bulldozer’ Matt Tremont v. ‘Crazy Monkey’ Jun Kasai
***Light Tube Bundles Match***

‘Black Angel’ Jaki Numazawa v. Lucky 13
***Stipulation to be named.***

‘Deathmatch Drunkard’ Danny Havoc v. Masashi Takeda

‘Ultraviolent Beast’ Masada v. Aero Boy

There's also a fans bring the weapons match booked

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dolph would really benefit from either a Freddie Blassie or Bobby Heenan style manager. In and out of the ring. Someone who could tell him to shut the fuck up on twitter as well.
LAYIN DOWN THE LAW , PREPARE FOR WAR!!!

Tournament of death first details

There's also a fans bring the weapons match booked

Self-appointed nicknames if I've ever seen em before.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i7OgytoalNZkD.gif

Big G with that picture perfect Divas body slam.

WHATTAMANUVAH

Kaladin

People being obsessed with getting people to follow them on Twittah Machine/Facebook is so weird to me. Do they get paid per like? It's even weirder when it is just normal people who beg for likes and shares. What do you get for it? Is there a prize?

My personal account? No. But I try to get people on my blog as many ways as I can. So far since I started it in January, I have had 314 likes on Facebook and 85 followers on Twitter. I do it because that's more people seeing the reviews I write and hitting the site more often. I do enjoy every like that hits the page though.....brings a smile to my face. I have got likes three basic ways : Friends sharing the blog, the stickers I made to promote the blog going out with bands, friends and being put in dive bars where they play and the bands sharing the album reviews I write for them.

Vylash

Apparently they're thinking of taping an episode of Raw at Full Sail sometime next year, I can't wait for the Full Sail yes chant

Kaladin

Apparently they're thinking of taping an episode of Raw at Full Sail sometime next year, I can't wait for the Full Sail yes chant

You know, I remember when Florida Championship Wrestling and Ohio Valley Wrestling were the developmentals of the WWE and you had to torrent each week or watch it on youtube because it only aired in local markets, so only smarks got to see them.

Now they've become the nxt big thing and they're even popular enough that they're going to do a Raw at Full Sail.

Could you imagine them doing a Raw at the FCW Arena?

strobogo

Banned
You know, I remember when Florida Championship Wrestling and Ohio Valley Wrestling were the developmentals of the WWE and you had to torrent each week or watch it on youtube because it only aired in local markets, so only smarks got to see them.

Now they've become the nxt big thing and they're even popular enough that they're going to do a Raw at Full Sail.

I remember when you had to torrent NXT, because there were a few months where they were doing shows that only aired locally before getting put on Hulu.

Vylash

I like to not remember anything about FCW, that place was atrocious

Kaladin

I like to not remember anything about FCW, that place was atrocious

FCW gave us this match, so I can't say anything bad about FCW.

When they started getting the indie darlings there, someone knew what they were doing with them.

Exhibit A:

Dean Ambrose vs William Regal

Exhibit B:

The FCW 15 Championship. It was exclusively defended in 15 minute iron man matches, and Seth Rollins was the main guy to hold it.

Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose (Special 30 Min Time Limit)

So yeah....someone knew what they were doing down there.

Vylash

The problem with FCW is that everyone looked the same, there weren't many interesting gimmicks or personalities, fuck this is what Breeze looked like

70462e4649mikedalton.jpg

Kaladin

The thing is, FCW knew how to book the indie guys they got like Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and even Kaval (even though he had injury issues that kept him out of action). Bryan Danielson only had one match in FCW but damn they made that count.

They couldn't book the other guys for shit usually though. Hell look at how long guys like Bo Dallas were there.

strobogo

Banned
You guys keep talking about FCW like it is a totally different thing than NXT. It's the same people. NXT is just FCW with a different name.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fare thee well for the time being, Impact
by Bryan Alvarez

I was thinking about this, and I don't believe that in the 19 years I've been writing this newsletter I have ever boycotted a television program because it sucked so goddamned bad. That changed this week.

After all these years, TNA Impact finally broke me. The show on Thursday night was up there with the worst pro-wrestling programs I've ever seen in my life. It might have been the worst. Maybe, top-to-bottom, objectively there has a worse show historically. But no show ever caused me to command a one-month (at the moment) boycott before, so I think the evidence is in that this was the worst pro-wrestling show I've ever seen.

I don't care if this is "my job," or if people want me to watch it and suffer through it so that they don't have to. I don't care. At the end of the day, while it is my job, it's also my company, so I can make my own decisions, and my decision is that I am not watching Impact for at least one full month.

I had considered watching the PPV next Sunday since a PPV is more important than television, but come on now. No one is buying this PPV, and the idea that I'm going to have to pay $34.95 for it is reason enough to skip it. I'll be 39 years old when that show airs. I don't need this in my life. There is plenty of actual pro-wrestling to watch.

The more I think about it, the less guilty I feel about not watching this product. Even if one were to argue that this is "my job," technically my job is to watch all the major pro-wrestling shows on US television, and you know what? At this point it is tough for me to classify Impact as a pro-wrestling television show. I don't know what the hell it even is. It's a variety show that features people fighting, only part of which actually takes place in a pro-wrestling ring, and none of which anyone could possibly care about because the majority of the characters are so completely unlikeable, and the shit they do makes no sense.

I read an article on why it's tough for the people writing Impact. It was written by Vince Russo. Yeah. So, as one would expect, it was filled with 9 million bullshit excuses. I liked the one about how the building at Universal Studios is not a good building for wrestling because so many tourists show up. I was unaware that pro-wrestling fans were restricted from attending. That's like saying the crowd at Full Sail University for NXT sucks because only college kids go. Except it appears plenty of wrestling fans manage to attend at Full Sail, plus the NXT crowds almost never suck. It is ironic, because Russo claimed that the crowd sucked because sometimes Impact had to tape one and a half shows per taping. Last time I checked NXT taped four shows per taping. They seem to be doing all right. Come to think of it, they're doing great.

Russo claimed it was tough because you had to balance everything out to make sure people weren't involved in too many segments on a particular show. I nearly pissed my pants reading that. I saw EIGHT STRAIGHT SEGMENTS involving talking on Thursday night. EIGHT. You can read Vinny's review, but I think I saw MVP in at least five different segments on one show. Maybe ten. I lost track.

Russo had his usual litany of excuses. At the end of the day, it all boils down to this: the show sucks. Everything about it sucks, with the exception of some talented people who actually try to have good matches. There is zero understanding of what pro-wrestling is or why people—live or on television—would want to watch the show. They have no idea how to build interest in any of the matches or feuds, they have no idea how to pace a show, they have no idea how to make characters likeable or dislikeable. Russo ranted about fact vs. opinion. This is not opinion. This is fact. The quarter-hour ratings plunging throughout the show is an embarrassment. The buyrates are an embarrassment even compared to THEIR OWN BUYRATES several years ago, and they are ONE-TENTH what they were getting during their peak (60,000 for two Joe vs. Angle matches). Their house show attendance is an embarrassment. This is not fact vs. opinion. What they're presenting is not what people want to see. And don't even get me into the MVP vs. Dixie Carter storyline. I'm pretty sure this is the only storyline I've ever seen in my entire life where there is no way more than one single solitary person (Dixie Carter) could possible care about it. To think this worst Impact ever went off the air with the tease that the Dixie vs. MVP war was going to escalate. Who gives a fuck? As a viewer, I hate them both. Two heel factions, two completely unlikeable groups of people, WHO LARGELY DO NOTHING BUT TALK TO EACH OTHER INCESSANTLY ABOUT SHIT NOBODY CARES ABOUT, are going to war, and I'm supposed to care. LOL.

I have better things to do. You should too. It's summertime. Enjoy the cool Thursday night air. Read a good book. Chat with your loved ones, enjoy a light meal. But don't watch this show.
Source: http://www.f4wonline.com/

Kaladin

Good for Alvarez. I haven't watched Impact Wrestling in many months.

I can't even remember the last time I watched...I think I gave it a shot at some point last year, I don't know.

I still wear the hat though.

Vylash

You guys keep talking about FCW like it is a totally different thing than NXT. It's the same people. NXT is just FCW with a different name.

No way man, NXT not only has better presentation, but a better focus on colorful personalities and telling stories

somedevil

Here is 3 Supposed Money in the Bank Matches:

Rollins vs
Ambrose
Reigns vs
Orton
Rusev vs
Mark Henry

The third match is going to be a sight to see.

Sblargh

Banned
This whole sellout thing is bullshit. In kayfabe The Shield was never liked; they were feared; they were feared because they would attack people 3 on 1.

Nobody should give a shit they split; they should be targeting Rollins out of the notion that Evolution is not going to bother to save him and so he is vulnerable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This whole sellout thing is bullshit. In kayfabe The Shield was never liked; they were feared; they were feared because they would attack people 3 on 1.

Nobody should give a shit they split; they should be targeting Rollins out of the notion that Evolution is not going to bother to save him and so he is vulnerable.

WWE booking. How Shield didn't get jumped every week is beyond me.

Top Bottom