• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Ultratech

None of them were ever heard from again, except for Rosa Mendes, who is now WWE Heavyweight Champion, United States Champion, and co-holder of the tag team titles with herself.

What kind of Apocalyptic (or Alternate) reality is this?

Where Are They Now? FCW Edition

Welcome to 2009 FCW:

Thoughts:
-Aksana looks so nervous.
-lol @ Alberto Banderas
-"Dawson Alexander" sounds like a terrible name. In fact, Dawson sounds more like a woman's name.
Don't call wrestlers "Dawson". (Now I have to go look up another Dawson.)
-Poor Genesis...they really should've stuck with Joe Hennig.
-The world could use more Serena.
-"Naomi Night" -- I see what they did there.
-Titus instantly made me think of a black Leader. Just the way his head is shaped...

jred2k

It's upsetting that you think just because Hornswoggle has embraced the Rock N' Roll lifestyle that it somehow makes him "evil".

I guess the past several months of animal cruelty is just perfectly fine with you then. HE STOLE HIS TAIL MAGGLE!

Why wasn't Tyson mad at Khali for stealing his wife?

It was all part of some elaborate kidnap fantasy. Similar to their home invasion roleplay.

So does JBL truly not know what twerking is or is Vince just screaming "GOD DAMN IT, SAY TWERKING. ITLL BE FUCKING HILARIOUS" into his headset? Torito was literally doing the exact opposite of twerking, he was wagging his dick at Hornswaggle, and JBL has maniacally screamed out about the hilarity of his twerking and it's the worst thing I've ever heard.

Fu0edQd.jpg

Dreamer announced a nationally syndicated TV show will be shooting tonight. He said for legal reasons he can’t say what it is, but when it happens, you will know and react to it. He said they are taking little steps like what happened last time and the coverage Bully Ray brought them last time and this is another step.

Dreamer said that with the good news, there is bad news. He said someone is missing from this ring. Someone yelled, “F**** you Dixie.” Dreamer said he got a call last night at 11:30 PM that Bully was pulled to go to some Spike show per Dixie’s orders. Dreamer said that Dixie is a mark for Twitter so feel free to tweet her and let her know how you feel. The fans chanted, “F**** that b****.”

Dreamer said that Bully wanted to pass on that if you are going to any TNA shows coming up in PA or NY and bring your HOH ticket, Bully will meet up for a photo or autograph. He said that’s not for TNA, but for HOH fans.

Dreamer said that he promises that he’s going to get Dixie Carter back for this. He said that he is tired of people like her abusing people like him and fans like you and said, “b***h, I will get you for this.”

NXT was simply spectacular this week. I'm starting to change my tune in the whole "Bailey will never be a thing on the WWE main roster." I think she could do probably do it. But really now I just want her to stay on NXT forever just because NXT is so much better for the women than the WWE main roster.

ghostmind

Just saw the Alex Shelley shoulder injury. It just happens out of nowhere. Dude is in some extreme pain though - said something about "like a popping sound".

G-Fex

They're going to CGI the crowd into seats

I hear they'll use the same special effects team from the movie 'after last season'

Sblargh

Banned
I don't know how people feel about Jim Cornette, but his rhetoric aside, I have yet to actually disagree with him.

He seems to have co-authored one or another book, is any of it good?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People shitting on Dynasty Warriors games, but I've been watching footage of stuff like Borderlands and Destiny that are all OMG AMAZING looking and all I see is shoot shoot shoot. hide behind cover. reload. shoot shoot shoot.

There's not even a combo system. How boring can a game be.

Sblargh

Banned
Speaking of depressing. This Cornette talk where he goes on and on about how wrestling is dead and what was his plans for RoH is depressing. I can't say how much of it all is bullshit, but again, I find it hard to disagree with him.

In a way I feel NXT is what he envisioned RoH to be: you have your in-house everything (VoD being the WWE Network), you have a studio / training center / office building all in the same place.

Only it has better value than what he proposed because he was already proposing what he saw as a low budget product and apparently it wasn't low budget enough. WWE on the other hand, conned investors out of their money to make everything work perfectly.

Am I crazy for thinking How to Train Your Dragon is possibly the greatest animated movie ever? Maybe my favorite ever, but I can't think of a better one.

Saw it again for the first time in a couple of years and my god. The score and the story in general just had me glued. It's better than Toy Story 3 at least which were released at the same year.

Ok the dragon designs could be better, but Toothless (the main one) was cute as hell. Media blackout level 999 on the second one. Can't fucking wait.

THAT SCORE THOUGH.

Full line-up for the Best of the Super Jr's XXI FINALS on Sunday;

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER JR'S XXI ~ FINAL", 2014.06.08
Yoyogi Nation Gymnasium, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

1. Kenny Omega, KUSHIDA & TenKoji (Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan) vs Mascara Dorada, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask & Mascara Don
2. El Desperado & Kota Ibushi vs Gedo & Rocky Romero
3. Yuji Nagata & Captain New Japan vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
4. Best of the Super Jr's - Semi-Final #1: KUSHIDA vs Taichi
5. Best of the Super Jr's - Semi-Final #2: Ryusuke Taguchi vs Ricochet
6. Toru Yano & Jado vs Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga
8. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
9. Best of the Super Jr's XXI - FINAL

Outside of the Super's jr's stuff, nothing terribly significant on the card. I had wondered if we'd see a NEVER title defence, but I guess that'll be saved for Dominion now. As for the random tag matches up and down the card, there's a few that look pretty fun - match 2 has Gedo & Rocky teaming, which is an odd pairing I don't think we've seen before, while the 3rd match has the potential for Shibata vs Old Man Nagata hatred, or just Captain New Japan getting murdered. Match 6 has the first encounter between Yano & Iizuka since Iizuka joined Suzuki-gun, while match 7 & 8 are pretty self explanatory. Should be good overall, but there's two results in the Super Jr's final that could leave a salty taste, namely Taguchi or Taichi winning it. My money's on Ricochet vs KUSHIDA in the final, just for entertainment's sake. Taguchi is bland and Taichi's shown next to nothing in this tournament.

Top Bottom