• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

strobogo

Banned
iKFKjWuSrBRI1.gif

I used to think Bret was better since he was more popular and had more exposure (he's also one of my all time favorites) but I've changed my stance as time has gone by. I think Owen was the more complete wrassler.

Alucard

Banned
Finally going to watch ROH War of the Worlds. Paid for the PPV On Demand on rohwrestling.com. About to strap in and get on with the show.

Vylash

The latest edition of The Wrestling Observer says that Rusev could potentially feud with John Cena at some point down the line. While that feud is not confirmed, it's not surprising that WWE would be looking for a major star for Rusev to work in the near future.

Fuck, the dream is already over

strobogo

Banned
just add a #wrestlingwithstro watermark and you are good to go

I'm thinking about using the Legit Shook logo the full size of the gifs and then making it almost transparent. But I also don't want to ruin dope gifs with stupid ass water marks unless part of a joke.

Alucard

Banned
Just started ROH War of the Worlds.

So surreal and cool to see the AJ Styles New Japan graphic to start the show as The Bullet Club make their way to the ring.

Ithil

Fuck, the dream is already over

Slight misquote there, all Meltzer said was they're getting Rusev ready for a feud with a major opponent "like Cena or whoever", he didn't actually state that's the plan. But it probably is, he's a pretty bog standard Cena opponent.

He already buried Bray, might as well move on to the next one.

The alternative is him getting a 15th world title reign and being one away from tying Flair's record.

Basically a win-win situation

DMczaf

Let's not give up just yet. Maybe Rusev is the one that Cena will actually put over by the end of the feud!...

:(

"Rusev, I am John Cena and I am an AMERICAN. If you have any balls, you will come to this ring and face me like a MAN...

...or does Lana also carry the balls in your relationship?"

vlcsnap-354805-copy.jpg

Alucard

Banned
Really entertaining first match at War of the Worlds. The only one who looked kind of weak was Watanabe. Otherwise, every wrestler involved got a nice showcase, and ACH's dive over the top was stellar.

Ugh, Fourth of July is coming up too. I don't want Super Patriotic Cena. Maybe it'll be Super Patriotic Miz since he's got a movie coming out.

Really entertaining first match at War of the Worlds. The only one who looked kind of weak was Watanabe. Otherwise, every wrestler involved got a nice showcase, and ACH's dive over the top was stellar.

Yeah, Air Jordan is one of the prettiest moves in wrestling.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, Air Jordan is one of the prettiest moves in wrestling.

I love the half second stall/frozen mid-air pose right before the flip. It looks sooooo good. I think he could really get over in WWE with something like that. But they probably aren't looking for more aerial guys.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Rusev is so bad though.

Hopefully he receives the full berrying treatment.
Can't wait for John boy to AA him through the earth's core and back to Russia or Bulgaria or wherever. He will then rip Lana's clothes off to reveal a bikini with an American flag pattern before we all stand up and say the pledge.

somedevil

He already buried Bray, might as well move on to the next one.

The alternative is him getting a 15th world title reign and being one away from tying Flair's record.

Basically a win-win situation

The word buried is term that is misused on most wrestling forums. Bray isn't buried. He lost a 4.5 star match in a feud.

People who are buried are people like Ryder, Sandow or anyone who is basically used right now to put over the new talent. Ziggler is on the borderline of that because he still over and gets some wins.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
The word buried is term that is misused on most wrestling forums. Bray isn't buried. He lost a 4.5 star match in a feud.

People who are buried are people like Ryder, Sandow or anyone who is basically used right now to put over the new talent. Ziggler is on the borderline of that because he still over and gets some wins.
There is not a universe where that match was 4.5 stars.

Wait, people are calling that Last Man Standing match 4.5 stars? Are we that molested by The E's weekly offerings that we considered that greatness?

Top Bottom