• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't really want to buy Wildstar, but my brother's playing it, and we rarely get to play anything together anymore.

I may have to do what's best for business... Until I can play Divnity. Then I'll just play that.

strobogo

Banned
ibsUqK6DmsM8vK.gif

I am on the brink of a whole new frontier for me.

Alucard

Banned
We need gifs of forgotten/C-list wrestlers, stro. Get on it. I need gifs of these STAT:

-Man Mountain Rock
-Skinner
-The Repo Man
-Max Moon

Alucard

Banned
Catching up on Raw from Monday.

LOL @ Cesaro's walk. He needs to stop doing that asap.

BNB is awesome. They seem really behind him. Dat pyro!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How would you score this promo on the Reigns to Ric scale, friends?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dusIkIrfXa4

ijZd2AOSrYUMH.gif

Full line-up for the Best of the Super Jr's XXI FINALS on Sunday;

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER JR'S XXI ~ FINAL", 2014.06.08
Yoyogi Nation Gymnasium, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

1. Kenny Omega, KUSHIDA & TenKoji (Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan) vs Mascara Dorada, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask & Mascara Don
2. El Desperado & Kota Ibushi vs Gedo & Rocky Romero
3. Yuji Nagata & Captain New Japan vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
4. Best of the Super Jr's - Semi-Final #1: KUSHIDA vs Taichi
5. Best of the Super Jr's - Semi-Final #2: Ryusuke Taguchi vs Ricochet
6. Toru Yano & Jado vs Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga
8. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
9. Best of the Super Jr's XXI - FINAL

Outside of the Super's jr's stuff, nothing terribly significant on the card. I had wondered if we'd see a NEVER title defence, but I guess that'll be saved for Dominion now. As for the random tag matches up and down the card, there's a few that look pretty fun - match 2 has Gedo & Rocky teaming, which is an odd pairing I don't think we've seen before, while the 3rd match has the potential for Shibata vs Old Man Nagata hatred, or just Captain New Japan getting murdered. Match 6 has the first encounter between Yano & Iizuka since Iizuka joined Suzuki-gun, while match 7 & 8 are pretty self explanatory. Should be good overall, but there's two results in the Super Jr's final that could leave a salty taste, namely Taguchi or Taichi winning it. My money's on Ricochet vs KUSHIDA in the final, just for entertainment's sake. Taguchi is bland and Taichi's shown next to nothing in this tournament.

I want KUSHIDA to make it. He really showed he's a next level talent at the RoH show, I think that opened some eyes. Some more eyes. I thought you were resigned to Taichi winning it though?

I need a link to the wrestling smiley/emoticon page. I maybe have unlocked the secret to wackier gifs.

http://senorlariato.minus.com/mWQLLs1JDiFgG

charsace

Does anyone think the WWE could put the belt on Rollins since Bryan is hurt? Then when Bryan returns they can feud and in the process give us some great matches.

Carnby

Do we have any WrassleGAFers that have a successful career in IT? I could use some career advice because right now I'm Legit Shook.

Why is KUSHIDA in the opener six man and the Super Jr tournament?

THEY'RE TRYING TO WEAR HIM OUT also I'd lol hard if Taichi won and it turns out the whole cheating thing was a goddamn work again, but it'll probably be Taguchi because FUNKY WEAPON AND DEVITT REVENGE

Though I'd be pretty stoked if Ricochet won..

ghostmind

Full line-up for the Best of the Super Jr's XXI FINALS on Sunday;

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER JR'S XXI ~ FINAL", 2014.06.08
Yoyogi Nation Gymnasium, Tokyo

www.ustream.tv/njpw - $25

1. Kenny Omega, KUSHIDA & TenKoji (Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan) vs Mascara Dorada, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask & Mascara Don
2. El Desperado & Kota Ibushi vs Gedo & Rocky Romero
3. Yuji Nagata & Captain New Japan vs Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata
4. Best of the Super Jr's - Semi-Final #1: KUSHIDA vs Taichi
5. Best of the Super Jr's - Semi-Final #2: Ryusuke Taguchi vs Ricochet
6. Toru Yano & Jado vs Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
7. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito & Tomoaki Honma vs Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows & Tama Tonga
8. Shinsuke Nakamura, Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI vs Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson)
9. Best of the Super Jr's XXI - FINAL

Outside of the Super's jr's stuff, nothing terribly significant on the card. I had wondered if we'd see a NEVER title defence, but I guess that'll be saved for Dominion now. As for the random tag matches up and down the card, there's a few that look pretty fun - match 2 has Gedo & Rocky teaming, which is an odd pairing I don't think we've seen before, while the 3rd match has the potential for Shibata vs Old Man Nagata hatred, or just Captain New Japan getting murdered. Match 6 has the first encounter between Yano & Iizuka since Iizuka joined Suzuki-gun, while match 7 & 8 are pretty self explanatory. Should be good overall, but there's two results in the Super Jr's final that could leave a salty taste, namely Taguchi or Taichi winning it. My money's on Ricochet vs KUSHIDA in the final, just for entertainment's sake. Taguchi is bland and Taichi's shown next to nothing in this tournament.

I think it's BUSHI, not KUSHIDA in that first match.

I hope you are right about the final, and I hope KUSHIDA is getting the win.

Striker

She had a spot in the WWE that she quit to come back to TNA. She was in WWE, and chose TNA and that instead.

At some point you just have to stop feeling bad for people who want to be there.
They were putting her on Superstars or not on TV at all, meanwhile Kelly Kelly was on all the time. She was severely under utilized, and she quit. Can't blame her.

Alucard

Banned
If I'm doing my math correctly, the Best of the Super Juniors starts at 4am Sunday morning for North Americans on the east coast, right?

Also, Raw is sooooo fucking boring after the first hour or so. Jesus.

charsace

Do we have any WrassleGAFers that have a successful career in IT? I could use some career advice because right now I'm Legit Shook.

All I can say is keep applying and take contract work if you have to because sometimes contract work turns into a full time position.

I would take some advice too because I am starting a new position in a week.

Not seeing that at all. Especially after the awful promo on Smackdown.
They were just on Smackdown to get people watching that show. There was no way they were gonna reveal anything important on Smackdown. At least we got a good match out of it in Dolph/Rollins.

strobogo

Banned
Besides taking at least 3 levels up in my giffing today, I finally got back out on the bike. Picked up ASM2 for 360 at a Redbox on the way. I really enjoyed the first game (much more than the movie), so I'm pretty cool to chill out and beat that today.

But the dopest thing today is that I've lost 5 pounds just from not drinking. I had a single drink on Memorial Day and that's the only thing I've had I think in 3 weeks.

All I can say is keep applying and take contract work if you have to because sometimes contract work turns into a full time position.

I would take some advice too because I am starting a new position in a week.

They were just on Smackdown to get people watching that show. There was no way they were gonna reveal anything important on Smackdown. At least we got a good match out of it in Dolph/Rollins.
And that's just the downfall of programming in The E. all that is relevant is the closing and opening segments of Raw and maybe the Live Vents presented by WWE anetwork.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Does anyone think the WWE could put the belt on Rollins since Bryan is hurt? Then when Bryan returns they can feud and in the process give us some great matches.

I would support this idea if only so I can throw it in Heel's face that Bryan and Rollins were champion back to back.

charsace

Difference is Devitt is going to be a "HHH guy", which goes a long way if you're talented.
WWE is gonna push Devitt. The guy is talented and has a great look to the point that he gets modeling contracts. It would be dumb not to push him.

And that's just the downfall of programming in The E. all that is relevant is the closing and opening segments of Raw and maybe the Live Vents presented by WWE anetwork.
I agree. Just saying that you should know though. :)

I would support this idea if only so I can throw it in Heel's face that Bryan and Rollins were champion back to back.
That would be fun, but I mainly want a great feud. And I think it could be a great one. Just keep this angle away from Cena.

Alucard

Banned
I would personally love it if Rollins became champion at the Money in the Bank. I don't want to see Cena do it despite him being the easy choice, and I don't think many other guys have the star power to carry that title. Orton is too bland right now to do it.

Alucard

Banned
WWE is gonna push Devitt. The guy is talented and has a great look to the point that he gets modeling contracts. It would be dumb not to push him.

I agree. Just saying that you should know though. :)

That would be fun, but I mainly want a great feud. And I think it could be a great one. Just keep this angle away from Cena.

Cena and Brie cheating angle for the heel turn.
129071291_1306096334.gif

john-cena-o.gif

HUSTLE. LOYALTY. RESPECT.

I don't care that the story would make no sense. Neither does the Rollins turn a night after sacrificing his body to take down Evolution.

Ithil

Why is Cena incapable of kissing people? It's like he's trying to kiss an invisible person standing next to them.

dream

Goddammit strobogo, now wrestlinggaffers are posting polls about which wrestler is better in OT. Sunflower is just the worst, man.

How often does the BOSJ go to a non NJPW guy? I want Riccochet to win but I know that's not really in the cards.

Not often. Ibushi won it in 2011 and that was the first time an outsider won the tournament. I'd really like to see Ricochet win it as well, but would be happy with a KUSHIDA win.

Top Bottom