• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Alucard

Banned
they still need to do a heel sheamus/bryan program at some point

in fact, right after they finish the god awful kane shit they should go straight to that.

Sheamus would need to lose the US title first, and this is all assuming that Bryan will be fit for Money in the Bank.

Sblargh

Banned
Sheamus heel turn fantasy booking: Cesaro beats Sheamus to get the US title and spits on it because fuck the US. Sheamus sees that and when people expect him to feud Cesaro over it he says: "you know what? you're right? America sucks. Can I be a Paul Heyman guy?"

Ithil

Coolest wrestling shit in 2014 so far:

-AJ Styles returning to ROH
-Bray's entrance at Mania 30
-HHH's entrance at Mania 30
-ROH/NJPW shows
-Bryan's Mania moment
-Ishii's streak of great matches
-Chikara's rebirth

What else? Anything from Dragon Gate? 'Cause nothing stands out from TNA.

NXT Arrival and Takeover.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I hate you spider for getting me into best coast :(

Best Coast is some good summer jamz. They aren't amazing but they make some fun lo-fi, surf pop. Roll a couple of joints, go to the beach with some pals and throw on some Best Coast.

bethany-cosentino-01.jpg

tumblr_mjub9bE5N71qzjf1go1_500.gif

Fex and I in a nutshell :(

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I'll have to revisit The Only Place. Don't recall it being bad, but it was definitely a letdown coming off the Crazy for You.

Yea, I didn't love The Only Place, but Fade Away was pretty alright, even if it's only 25 minutes long. I'm phasing out of my fall/winter somber music and into my more upbeat summer tunes. Time to bust out some Moderat and Jagwar Ma or some shit.

strobogo

Banned
Pretty dope that GNR brought Yesterdays and Prostitute back. The show last night had Catcher in the Rye, There Was a Time, Estranged, Prostitute, Civil War, Yesterdays. Whole Lotta Rosie, You Can't Always Get What You Want, plus the normal staples. And Axl is sounding pretty good again. Tonight is the last show of the Vegas residency this year, so hopefully they pull something new-new out, or at least something that hasn't been played in a long time. Like Oh My God. Or Coma. Could be the last show for a while.

G-Fex

Best Coast is some good summer jamz. They aren't amazing but they make some fun lo-fi, surf pop. Roll a couple of joints, go to the beach with some pals and throw on some Best Coast.

tumblr_mjub9bE5N71qzjf1go1_500.gif

Fex and I in a nutshell :(

Got to know the way you pass your Saturdays
Got to know what crosses your mind anyway
Oh oh oh can't keep me hanging baby forever
Ever ever never
For you-I don't sleep don't eat don't talk to anyone
For you-with my friend a don't go to the cinema
For you-oh oh oh all my emotions run into fever
Fever fever fever ANGER

strobogo

Banned
I like that the few posts about Best Coast in a wrestling thread were interrupted when Stro came in swinging his GNR dick around.

So hostile. And insular. I'm sorry for being excited for one of my favorite bands giving me something to be excited for for the first time in about 3 years.

Alucard

Banned
Just finished ROH War of the Worlds. Well worth the $15 price tag. Highlights:

-Everything

Really, the only blemish on this whole show was Bennett/Tanahashi. Otherwise, it was a nearly flawless card from top to bottom. Every match was in the 3 to 4 star range IMO, with the main event probably being my favourite thing on the show.

The ROH/NJPW partnership really has been one of the coolest things in pro wrestling in 2014.

Looking forward to Best in the World! I'll be trying to book that night off for myself to order the PPV on my television. This match has me hyped.
2935925Lw7POLNb.jpg

So hostile. And insular. I'm sorry for being excited for one of my favorite bands giving me something to be excited for for the first time in about 3 years.

You need to get with the times, Stro. Gone are the days when Guns N' Roses would be acceptable music to accompany a wrasslin' promo. You should be looking forward to hearing Best Coast playing over Daniel Bryan's SummerSalm return promo. Axl proved he could adapt to change with his dreads, why can't you?

strobogo

Banned
You need to get with the times, Stro. Gone are the days when Guns N' Roses would be acceptable music to accompany a wrasslin' promo. You should be looking forward to hearing Best Coast playing over Daniel Bryan's SummerSalm return promo. Axl proved he could adapt to change with his dreads, why can't you?

Welcome to the Jungle will ALWAYS be an acceptable promo reference and acceptable music for a hype video. Always and forever.

Alucard

Banned
Oh, if you're a Dragon Gate fan and want to watch all of the Japan stuff for free, check out this fantastic website, which has all the PPVs and the TV shows:

http://www.openthedragongate.com/

FallingEdge, found Dead or Alive on this. :) I thought it was part of DGUSA, but it looks like it was part of the Japanese side of things. The thing that kills me about these Japanese shows...

FOUR HOURS. Are you serious? Who has the time to sit down and watch these shows back to back? Give me a 2.5 hour show and be done with it.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax

Want to start making some AMV style videos with our favorite indie artists and wrasslers? WMV

I will do this song with Fandango/Layla/Summer Rae

Heel

Mine is a two-parter:

-Wrestling fans noticing that Dave Bautista was getting booed, and that "boo" starts with B, and that "Batista" starts with B as well, allowing them to come up with the name of "Bootista," then jerking each other off about how funny they are, thus highlighting what unclever, infantile cunts wrestling fans can be.

-Wrestling fans seeing Dave Bautista wearing blue ring gear and realizing that "blue" starts with B AND has the happy side effect of rhyming with "boo," allowing them to come up with the name of "Bluetista," then jerking each other off about how funny they are, thus highlighting what unclever, infantile cunts wrestling fans can be.

Very true
tista
, friend.

https://twitter.com/RondaRousey/status/473288238913036288

Welcome to the Jungle will ALWAYS be an acceptable promo reference and acceptable music for a hype video. Always and forever.

"Welcome to the Jungle" should never be licensed again after achieving the highest honor: being the song used in the commercial for one of the greatest games ever - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Want to start making some AMV style videos with our favorite indie artists and wrasslers? WMV

I will do this song with Fandango/Layla/Summer Rae

It's high time us hipsters tastemakers add some legitimacy to fan made videos. YouTube is riddled with wrestling videos set to the lowest of low radio rock.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
"Welcome to the Jungle" should never be licensed again after achieving the highest honor: being the song used in the commercial for one of the greatest games ever - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

It's high time us hipsters tastemakers add some legitimacy to fan made videos. YouTube is riddled with wrestling videos set to the lowest of low radio rock.

I'm seeing Heaters tomorrow and Minus the Bear on Thursday, I will see if I can get them both to do an intro for our new WMV's.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's start a wrasslegaf witch house band. We can use commentary as the vocal track.
‡h3 Squ▲rd ()

I'm a seasoned witch house dude. I gotta put out a competitor.

M ∆ R K S ///▲▲▲\\\

strobogo

Banned
ASM2: The officially licensed game has a story that is very, very vaguely like the movie (which had no story, but story points from the movie are different), has its own storyline with characters not in the movie and ones that don't fit at in at all character or looks wise in the universe, and has ZERO of the likenesses or voices from the actors. If you hadn't seen the movie, you'd think it was just another Spiderman game.

Considering this a movie tie in game is about the same as considering the LEGO Marvel game to be a MCU tie in. Actually, I think the LEGO game is more faithful to the MCU than this is to ASM2.

G-Fex

ASM2: The officially licensed game has a story that is very, very vaguely like the movie (which had no story, but story points from the movie are different), has its own storyline with characters not in the movie and ones that don't fit at in at all character or looks wise in the universe, and has ZERO of the likenesses or voices from the actors. If you hadn't seen the movie, you'd think it was just another Spiderman game.

Considering this a movie tie in game is about the same as considering the LEGO Marvel game to be a MCU tie in. Actually, I think the LEGO game is more faithful to the MCU than this is to ASM2.

I'm sad there will be no more x-men video games.

It's pretty sad that we're two generations removed and they still haven't topped Spider-Man 2. Ultimate Spider-Man was all right though.

Carnby

Who ever runs Neogaf Shit Posts on Twitter is a tiny-dicked bully. I also suspect that felcher posts here in WrassleGAF. Go ahead and tweet this motherfucker.

Carnby

Frankly, you deserve to go on the shit post Twitter for making a "lost virginity to mother, came quickly" kind of insult.

Larry Flynt Vs Jerry Falwell reference.

Edit:

While Hustler magazine has always been known for its explicit pictures of nude women and for what many consider crude humor, the prominent fundamentalist Protestant minister Jerry Falwell objected to the parody ad the magazine printed in 1983 targeted at him, in which Falwell related having an incestuous encounter with his mother in an outhouse.

G-Fex

Toxic post. Oh the horror. Think of the children.

You know I used to think the same way you do. Not so much anymore. There are some vile posts in gaf that are downright horrific and stupid. I don't understand most of the stuff he posts cause it's a bunch of gaming side nonsense about sales figures and what not.

Funny enough he followed me for a whopping 15 minutes before unfollowing me. I'm guessing he didn't like my past tweets about things. Probably cause I insulted watchdogs when I said "Ew a watchdogs commercial" . (I don't like watchdogs ;) )

So you think he posts in this thread ? Where'd you get that idea?

Carnby

You know I used to think the same way you do. Not so much anymore. There are some vile posts in gaf that are downright horrific and stupid. I don't understand most of the stuff he posts cause it's a bunch of gaming side nonsense about sales figures and what not.

Funny enough he followed me for a whopping 15 minutes before unfollowing me. I'm guessing he didn't like my past tweets about things. Probably cause I insulted watchdogs when I said "Ew a watchdogs commercial" . (I don't like watchdogs ;) )

So you think he posts in this thread ? Where'd you get that idea?

More evidence that Dickless is also a WrassleGAFer.

He immediately tweeted something Sunny/Vince said here in WrassleGAF. And you said he followed you... So there's another connection.

G-Fex

More evidence that Dickless is also a WrassleGAFer.

He immediately tweeted something Sunny/Vince said here in WrassleGAF. And you said he followed you... So there's another connection.

only cause I responded to one of his tweets. And Like I said he followed me for like 15 minutes before changing his mind (I wouldn't follow me either)

Hmm. I'll just have to take your word for it Carnby

Carnby

only cause I responded to one of his tweets. And Like I said he followed me for like 15 minutes before changing his mind (I wouldn't follow me either)

Hmm. I'll just have to take your word for it Carnby

Watch what you say. We are getting tweeted in 3 .....2 ........

Top Bottom