• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Layin' the law, once again, prepare for war. C! Z! W!

Alucard

Banned
LOOOL Holy SHIT! This first match from PWG Ten is absolutely incredible! Funny, athletic, impactful, and just all-around entertaining. I'm home alone and laughing out loud at some of the shit in this match. Joey Ryan and Candace Larae spots are amazing.

DMczaf

Has anyone watched the Hogan/Savage WM Rewind yet? It's really damn good, and they also confirm that MACHO MAN WAS RIGHT!

Ultratech

Do realdolls have hearts?

Fixed that for ya. :D

They're just jealous of the red queen's fine neck and throat muscular physique as well as refined facial features and firey red hair.

They Jelly

You know, I wouldn't give her as much shit if she was actually good at something decent.

Apart from looking pretty and causing drama, she's apparently terrible at everything else.

She can't wrestle.
She can't ref.
She sure as hell can't announce/introduce people.
Feels like she's got the personality of cardboard.
And she doesn't seem terribly smart. (Too easy.)

(Additionally, fake red doesn't do it for me. Real red or bust.)

G-Fex

Hogan's brown ass was lusting for Liz. Everyone could see it. Macho Man had every right to lay that asshole out on Main Event.

you just like breaking up friendships don't you DM?

Fixed that for ya. :D

You know, I wouldn't give her as much shit if she was actually good at something decent.

Apart from looking pretty and causing drama, she's apparently terrible at everything else.

She can't wrestle.
She can't ref.
She sure as hell can't announce/introduce people.
Feels like she's got the personality of cardboard.
And she doesn't seem terribly smart. (Too easy.)

(Additionally, fake red doesn't do it for me. Real red or bust.)

*EvaMariewipingawaytearsgif*

DMczaf

I also love how Jesse points out that Hogan entering last for the match was weird as fuck.

"Wait a second, why is Hogan coming in 2nd? Normally this is the champion's spot!"

G-Fex

I also love how Jesse points out that Hogan entering last for the match was weird as fuck.

"Wait a second, why is Hogan coming in 2nd? Normally this is the champion's spot!"

Taking Jesse's side? I smell conspiracies.

I'm onto you DM

Alucard

Banned
AR Fox has such a strange and lanky physique. Watching his match against Elgin where he does the stupid rope bouncing spot.

Sblargh

Banned
Is everybody ignoring me when I talk about how much I agree with Jim Cornette because I'm being duped by a carny, because I am on ignoring lists or because it's stuff you talked about 10 thousand times before?

I just heard him say Vince McMahon was always ashamed of being on the wrestling busisness and for fuck sake if this isn't a sentence that explain a lot.

strobogo

Banned
Is everybody ignoring me when I talk about how much I agree with Jim Cornette because I'm being duped by a carny, because I am on ignoring lists or because it's stuff you talked about 10 thousand times before?

I just heard him say Vince McMahon was always ashamed of being on the wrestling busisness and for fuck sake if this isn't a sentence that explain a lot.

Option 2. Jim Cornette is a carny fuck who is COMPLETELY out of touch with wrestling. To him, wrestling never progressed past 1992. 1995 at the latest.

DMczaf

Robocop is on WWE.com front page!

http://www.wwe.com/

SMOPdTE.png

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
There's no official word yet on why WWE is going with a Stretcher Match for Daniel Bryan vs. Kane at Money In the Bank, if Bryan is able to compete, instead of the Buried Alive Match.

Multiple sources confirmed the plans for a Buried Alive Match, which has more finality and doesn't lend itself to potential rematches. This could be a sign that they don't plan on ending the Kane vs. Bryan feud at Money In the Bank or whichever pay-per-view Bryan returns on.

I don't even know what to think.

Alucard

Banned

He's really entertaining in interviews, but after you listen to 3 or 4 of his shoots, they start sounding the same. He also never takes responsibility for making mistakes and puts everything on other people...especially when talking about his time in ROH.

Gorillaz

Yea it honest hit me, they did basically go from buried alive go stretcher out of nowhere. Why not just do buried alive again lol

gurudyne

I don't even know what to think.

My best guess is Bryan was notably hurting after Mania and they paired him up with Kane, who's experienced and a relatively safe worker, to keep from aggravating a potentially serious injury that ended up needing surgery anyway. They continue using Kane because he'll be the best option for a recovering Bryan. This idea is based on nothing other than it sounding better than the idea that someone backstage actually thinks this feud is a good idea, and has for multiple months in a row now.

Sblargh

Banned
Option 2. Jim Cornette is a carny fuck who is COMPLETELY out of touch with wrestling. To him, wrestling never progressed past 1992. 1995 at the latest.

I don't know. I know he is out of touch with a lot of things by what I've been reading. He is yet another mysognist; he didn't liked Steen or Generico because they didn't had "Teh Body", he seems to hate the urban fans as much as he claims the urban fans hate the rural fans (which is weird since he seems deeply pro-democratic party, but what do I know about american socio-political shenanigans).

But then, there are these nuggets that he says that is so spot-on. And they are stuff we talk about here every time we are pissed off at WWE; things about creative demolishing talent that could be promissed; TV writers forgetting it's a wrestling show in favor of nonsensical soap opera stuff; complete lack of pace in the way feuds are booked; hardcore wrestling / crash TV being so over the top the over the top that nobody is impressed by anything anymore.

G-Fex

Jeeeesssuusssssss none of you read the source. That was Dave Meltzer's opinion on the subject, not what someone from WWE said.

Dave is always right about these things though.

Remember that time he saw CM Punk in his soup and knew he'd be coming back at the next Chicago show?

Jeeeesssuusssssss none of you read the source. That was Dave Meltzer's opinion on the subject, not what someone from WWE said.

I know, but it's all so highly likely. How do I know this? Because after Extreme Rules they still went with fucking Kane.

Any dirtsheets can feel free to source me on that.

It's like someone from Kotaku saying "Hmm they made a Halo 3 so I'm thinking a Halo 4 is coming" and all the other sites saying "HALO 4 IS IN DEVELOPMENT!!!"

It's dumb.

Alucard

Banned
I don't know. I know he is out of touch with a lot of things by what I've been reading. He is yet another mysognist; he didn't liked Steen or Generico because they didn't had "Teh Body", he seems to hate the urban fans as much as he claims the urban fans hate the rural fans (which is weird since he seems deeply pro-democratic party, but what do I know about american socio-political shenanigans).

But then, there are these nuggets that he says that is so spot-on. And they are stuff we talk about here every time we are pissed off at WWE; things about creative demolishing talent that could be promissed; TV writers forgetting it's a wrestling show in favor of nonsensical soap opera stuff; complete lack of pace in the way feuds are booked; hardcore wrestling / crash TV being so over the top the over the top that nobody is impressed by anything anymore.

He's not wrong about everything, but he gets to be a bit much at times.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Network is showing Breeze vignettes between shows. I think they're ready for him too!

strobogo

Banned

What a weird guy to think someone doesn't have it if they don't have the right body. He was raised in Southern Wrasslin, which was never about how good of shape someone was in. Let's look at the guys he's most associated with managing:

TheMidnightExpress2.jpg

01.jpg

202447.jpg

04.jpg

Royal%20Rumble%201996%208.png

Two of his favorite wrestlers are Jerry Lawler and Jackie Fargo. If there is anyone who should know that how good your body looks isn't proportionate to how much talent you have, it should be him. It's more likely his issues with Steen/Generico had more to do with he just didn't understand their style or their appeal to fans. And maybe because they're Canadian. Cornette seems like the kind of dude who would be a dick to Canadians for no reason.

tm24

So after 15 years, i finally beat MegaManX. Seriously, all these years i never knew Stage 3 Sigma was weak to Rolling Shield. Made shit so much easier

Listening to any of the wrassler podcasts makes you quickly realize wrasslers and the business has still been steeped in carny. Step right in to see the World Strongest Man fight the Bearded Woman, but first buy something from my sponsors.

Carnby

When is Shadow Warrior coming out on PS4. I just watched a trailer for it, and I am HYPED!

I really hope this gets a retail releases, and not just digital.

Vylash

That much is obvious with Vince rebranding the company as sports entertainment and not wrestling

Sblargh

Banned
That much is obvious with Vince rebranding the company as sports entertainment and not wrestling

Well, that I think it was clever marketing. Kayfabe is dead, you have to admit that without saying it is fake, scripted, coreographed or that "well, for the past decades we have been telling lies to your faces, you dumb motherfuckers". Calling it entertainment lets you off the hook on of all of this.

But what strikes me as he being ashamed of wrestling is how he strives to turn the product into so many different things that is not two people fake punching each other and telling a story while doing so. It's a reality show, a soap opera, a children's cartoon, a sitcom, a variety show, this and that. But oh, we need a match now and then because *sighs* wrestlers is unfortunetly the resource that I have.

Alucard

Banned
Adam Cole shaved elgin's hair at tonight's ROH show

No way. That PPV heat for Best in the World!

I think I'm almost "over" PWG. Really noticing the complete lack of psychology in some of these PWG Ten matches, as well as the sloppy work because of trying to overdo just about everything. Still some excellent matches and hard work from the talent, but I'm just noticing the negatives a lot more than I did, say, two years ago when I discovered PWG.

Top Bottom