• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Was never really familiar about the Von Erich history and it really just bummed me out to no end. Those guys looked like a million bucks and to see them all die one by one was just awful. Fritz saying, "Lord please don't take anyone of my sons" -- gut wrenching. Following Kerry's career, it was all fubar. But the whole fake brother and fake heart attack angles were seriously fucked, Especially by today's standards. Really gotta give it to Kevin though, as a brother, must've been the hardest thing in the world to lose them all like that.

Yeah, the Von Erich family has to be one of the most tragic stories in wrestling, right up there with Bruiser Brody's murder - it's crazy to see how much talent the Von Erichs had, especially Kerry, and how it was all squandered over drugs and depression. Looking forward to seeing Kevin's sons Ross & Marshall debut - they were trained by Kevin & Harley Race and have signed on with Pro-Wrestling NOAH in Japan.

RBH said:
Apparently, the Mid-South/UWF video library has finally been sold to the WWE.

Damn, time to buy up as many full episodes as I can find - as much as I'd love WWE to put out some awesome compilations, they'll probably sit on the archive and use it for their network, if that ever launches.

Final standings for the New Japan Best of the Super Jr's tournament;

Block A;

1. PAC [10]
2. Prince Devitt [10]
3. Angel de Oro [8]
-. Jushin Thunder Liger [8]
-. KUSHIDA [8]
-. Rocky Romero [8]
-. Taichi [8]
8. BUSHI [6]
9. Gedo [6]

Block B;

1. Low Ki [16]
2. Ryusuke Taguchi [10]
3. Brian Kendrick [10]
4. Alex Koslov [10]
5. Tiger Mask [8]
6. TAKA Michinoku [8]
7. Daisuke Sasaki [4]
8. Jado [4]
9. Hiromu Takahashi [2]

Making the semi-final matches;

1: PAC vs. Ryusuke Taguchi
2: Low Ki vs. Prince Devitt

Crazy that
Low Ki got through the group stages undefeated with a record 16 points - he's already the Jr. heavyweight champ, how much more do they need to put him over? Personally, I see Devitt getting revenge on Low Ki, and Taguchi overcoming PAC, making a final of Devitt vs Taguchi, which should be amazing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Just for you SoulPlayah.
Not really what I had in mind, but I'll take it. Cane lives!!!!!

i love kane because of this thread

thank you soulplaya

you magnificent bastard
Kobe-YoureWelcome.gif

Don't forget. Lita had a thing for Kane too at the time. She made it work!!
Yeah, people didn't think Lita would come around, but she did. AJ doesn't need convincing. She's running head first into the flames.

People = SoulPlaya?
Enough with this nonsense. Accept the love for Kane. You know you want to!

Is that a Booker T book? after hearing his commentary for the last year I can't begin to imagine what he writes like, I guess that's Andrew William Wright's job to fix.

Reposting for today.

CHIKARA viewing party today at 3pm EST. We will be watching the Aniversario show's from this past May. Here is the line up.

20120519chikaradvd.jpg

"A Horse Of Another Color"

-Ophidian vs. Dasher Hatfield
-Batiri, Tim Donst & Jakob Hammermeir vs. Shane Storm, Rorschach, Crossbones, Jolly Roger & Lance Steel
-Dash Chisako vs Sendai Sachiko
-Darkness Crabtree vs. Mixed Martial Archie
-17, The Shard assailANT, combatANT & deviANT vs. Icarus, Mister ZERO, Dragonfly, UltraMantis Black & Hallowicked
-"Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti vs. Colt Cabana
-Jigsaw, Sara Del Rey & Shane Matthews & Green Ant vs. Eddie Kingston, Saturyne, Scott Parker & Soldier Ant

20120520chikaradvd.jpg

"The Ogg and I"

-Dasher Hatfield vs. Colt Cabana
-Saturyne vs. Kagetsu
-Los Ice Creams vs. The Colony
-Bravado Brothers vs. Dash Chisako & Sendai Sachiko
-17 & The Shard vs. 3.0
-Meiko Satomura vs. Sara Del Rey
-The Batiri (Kobama, Obariyon & Kobald) vs. The Swarm (assailANT, combatANT & deviANT) vs. Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked, Frightmare & UltraMantis Black) vs. Tim Donst, Delirious & Jakob Hammermeier
***CHIKARA Grand Championship***
-Jigsaw vs. Eddie Kingston

Both events can be purchased at http://www.smvod.com/ for instant streaming.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
One of AJ's split-personalities doesn't need convincing, the other two are infatuated with CM Punk and in fear of Daniel Bryan, respectively.
You know, if they actually pushed AJ with a split-personality gimmick where she has those characteristics that you described, that wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

I spent the last half hour watching that WWE glitch video.

why a half-hour for a 20 min video?

because I spent 10 minutes crying, half dead from laughing too hard.

I hate you all.

Trailer for KayfabeCommentaries new shoot interview series where, rather than the fans asking the questions, this time the questions come directly from the host Sean - 'Breaking Kayfabe' launches on June 19th with two interviews - New Jack & Sean Waltman;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSQerkfesiQ

*edit, well, both of those interviews look pretty heavy and depressing.

You know, if they actually pushed AJ with a split-personality gimmick where she has those characteristics that you described, that wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

That seemed to me to be the way they were going with her weird interview with Josh Matthews earlier in the week - around Kane she should be this creepy stalker who turns vicious in defence of him, around CM Punk she should be this crazy seductress trying to get Punk to fall for her, and around Daniel Bryan she should regress back into her timid little girl persona, while around all three she would be entirely unpredictable.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That seemed to me to be the way they were going with her weird interview with Josh Matthews earlier in the week - around Kane she should be this creepy stalker who turns vicious in defence of him, around CM Punk she should be this crazy seductress trying to get Punk to fall for her, and around Daniel Bryan she should regress back into her timid little girl persona, while around all three she would be entirely unpredictable.
Dude, that's fucking genius! Seriously.

WWE has purchased the Mid-South & UWF video libraries, confirmed;

PWInsider.com has confirmed that WWE has acquired the Watts video library consisting of Mid-South Wrestling and the original Universal Wrestling Federation. The library, which was owned by Bill Watt's ex-wife Ene as part of a divorce settlement, was the largest known video collection not owned by WWE. There had been numerous meetings and attempts to purchase the library by WWE but the two sides had been unable to come to terms. WWE will officially take possession of the library this week. One WWE source noted that there are already discussions internally to do a DVD documentary on the promotion as well as full fledged DVDs on Ted DiBiase, Junkyard Dog and Hacksaw Duggan, all of whom were major stars for the territory.

Definitely would buy a Rise & Fall style documentary, and that Best of Ted DiBiase set.

In celebration, let's watch Ric Flair (c) vs Ted DiBiase - (Mid-South 1985), AKA, one of the greatest face turns in all of wrestling.

tm24

Damn, time to buy up as many full episodes as I can find - as much as I'd love WWE to put out some awesome compilations, they'll probably sit on the archive and use it for their network, if that ever launches.
Apparently it becomes theirs on Monday, so hurry. Didn't Bill Watts wife get the library in the divorce and had ridiculous demands, like millions of dollars and a guaranteed contract for Eric watts?

RBH

Is there anything WWE doesn't own now? Maybe some Japanese organizations library?

Q: Why doesn’t WWE release a documentary on Memphis wrestling? Thinking about it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen USWA or CWA footage on WWE programming. Being from Memphis, I watched an excellent documentary on Memphis wrestling called “Memphis Heat: The True Story of Memphis Wrestling.” So many great moments in the industry happened in the Memphis territory: Lawler-Kaufman, Rocky Johnson, Jimmy Hart’s faction, Jackie Fargo’s strut, Tojo Yamamoto’s wooden shoes, the list goes on and on. Even Rock and Undertaker got their starts in Memphis. So, who owns the rights to the Memphis wrestling video library? – Dirk

A: Plain and simple, the reason WWE has not produced a Memphis wrestling DVD or used Memphis footage of any kind on TV is because they don’t own the rights to the library. As far as who actually owns the tapes, that’s an entirely different mess unto itself. Jerry Lawler and Jerry Jarrett were co-owners of the promotion until business began to sag in the mid-90’s thanks to the booming Monday Night Wars between WWE and WCW. In 1997, Lawler got together with a man by the name of Larry Burton to purchase Jerry Jarrett’s half, only to turn around and sell his half to a businessman out of Cleveland named Mark Selker after conning Selker into believing that the USWA was actually a successful national promotion worth millions. Of course, it was neither of those things and the promotion went belly up later that same year. As I understand it, Selker still owns the rights to that footage, which dates back to 1989. Any Memphis master tapes from before then would likely be in Lawler’s possession, though there’s still the question of whether or not he actually owns the rights to use them. If this isn’t confusing enough, Lawler filed a lawsuit last year against Corey Maclin, claiming Maclin went behind his back and sold the rights to all of Lawler’s footage for $20,000 to some phantom buyer who has since produced a 20-volume DVD set, which is now being sold on the internet. No wonder Vince McMahon doesn’t bother with any of the Memphis stuff. He’d have an easier time trying to crack the DaVinci code.

Libraries owned by WWE

Capitol Wrestling / World Wide Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment / WWE 1952-Present

American Wrestling Association 1957-1991

Extreme Championship Wrestling / Eastern Championship Wrestling 1992-2001

Ohio Valley Wrestling 1998 - 2008

Smoky Mountain Wrestling 1992-1995

Ultimate Pro Wrestling 1998-2007

Championship Wrestling From Florida 1961-1987

Florida Championship Wrestling 2007-Present

Maple Leaf Wrestling 1930-1995

Stampede Wrestling 1948-1989

World Class Championship Wrestling 1966-1988

Georgia Championship Wrestling 1944-1985

World Championship Wrestling / Jim Crockett Promotions / Eastern States Championship Wrestling / Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling / Central States Wrestling / Championship Wrestling from Georgia / St Louis Wrestling Club 1931-2001

Apparently it becomes theirs on Monday, so hurry.

Looks like I should be able to get all the TV episodes from 82-86 on ioffer :)

tm24 said:
Didn't Bill Watts wife get the library in the divorce and had ridiculous demands, like millions of dollars and a guaranteed contract for Eric watts?

Yeah, I never knew the circumstances, just that for whatever reason WWE had failed to come to terms with Watts's wife for years.

bjork said:
Way late to the party, but: was there ever a video posted of the Bull Nakano retirement show?

Yeah, here's the card;

01. Aja Kong vs Ayako Hamada

02. AKINO & Maki Narumiya vs Kayako Haruyama & Ryo Mizunami

03. Dump Matsumoto, Kyoko Inoue, Leon, Sawako Shimono & Tsukushi vs Jaguar Yokota, Manami Toyota, Tomoka Nakagawa, Natsuki*Taiyo & Cherry

04. Kana vs Kagetsu

05. Nanae Takahashi, Meiko Satomura & Emi Sakura vs Ayumi Kurihara, Yoshiko & Tsukasa Fujimoto

06. Yuzuki Aikawa vs Hikaru Shida

07. Bull Nakano & Dump Matsumoto vs Fake Lioness Asuke & Fake Chigusa Nagayo

08. Bull Nakano vs Shinobu Kandori

09. Bull Nakano vs Aja Kong

10. Bull Nakano Retirement Ceremony

TheNatural said:
Is there anything WWE doesn't own now? Maybe some Japanese organizations library?

Well, out of all the defunct promotions in Japan, there's very little from Japan WWE would want anyway - maybe some of the SWS stuff, as they ran a number of super shows using WWF talent in the early 90's.

tm24

Looks like I should be able to get all the TV episodes from 82-86 on ioffer :)

I'm super curious as to what your wrestling DVD collection actually looks like. It must be in the thousands or theres just stacks of external hdds strewn about

RBH

wwefallsdvd1.jpg

Disc 1

The Names May Vary

Alley Fight
Pat Patterson vs. Sgt. Slaughter
Madison Square Garden 1981

Atlanta Street Fight
Jimmy Valiant & Ms. Atlanta Lively vs. Midnight Express
Starrcade 1985

Street Fight for the NWA Tag Team Championship
Doom vs. Barry Windham & Arn Anderson
Starrcade 1990

A Fresh Face

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Sting vs. Cactus Jack
Beach Blast 1992

Randy “Macho Man” Savage vs. Crush
WrestleMania X 1994

Windy City Mayhem

Chicago Street Fight
Booker T & Sting Vs. The Road Warriors
Uncensored 1996

Chicago Street Fight
Ahmed Johnson & The Legion Of Doom vs. Faarooq, Savio Vega, & Crush
WrestleMania 13 1997

Street Fight
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Bret “Hit Man” Hart
Raw 1997

Disc 2

Multiple Personalities

Cactus Jack vs. Triple H
Raw 1997

Falls Count Anywhere Death Match
Tazz Vs. Bam Bam Bigelow
Heat Wave – August 2, 1998

A Brand New Title

Hardcore Championship Match
Al Snow vs. Hardcore Holly
St. Valentine’s Day Massacre – February 14, 1999

Fully Loaded Strap Match
The Rock vs. Triple H
Fully Loaded – July 25, 1999

Love Her Or Leave Her Greenwich Street Fight
Test vs. Shane McMahon
SummerSlam – August 22, 1999

Dictators On A Power Trip

WWE Championship Match
Big Show vs. Kane – Raw
December 20, 1999

Hardcore Championship Match
Crash Holly vs. The Headbangers
SmackDown – March 16, 2000

Street Fight
Mr. McMahon Vs. Shane McMahon
Raw – October 29, 2001

Street Fight
Mr. McMahon vs. Ric Flair
Royal Rumble – January 20, 2002

Disc 3

Greatest Comeback Story

Unsanctioned Street Fight
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
SummerSlam – August 25, 2002

Street Fight For The World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H vs. Kevin Nash
Insurrextion – June 7, 2003

Inside The Divas’ Locker Room

Falls Count Anywhere Match for the WWE Women’s Championship
Melina vs. Mickie James
Raw – March 5, 2007

Street Fight
Triple H vs. Umaga
Cyber Sunday – October 28, 2007

Street Fight
John Cena vs. Umaga
Raw – June 16, 2008

New Stars On The Rise

Submissions Count Anywhere Match
D-Generation X vs. Legacy
Breaking Point – September 13, 2009

Street Fight
Rey Mysterio vs. Batista
SmackDown – December 11, 2009

Street Fight
Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes
SmackDown – November 4, 2011

A Little Tidying Up

Blu-Ray Exclusives

Boiler Room Brawl
Mankind vs Santa Claus
Raw – December 20, 1999

Street Fight
Triple H vs Sheamus
Extreme Rules – April 25, 2010

Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes
Extreme Rules – May 1, 2011

Street Fight
Randy Orton vs Kane
SmackDown – July 22, 2011

tm24

That set is missing a lot of great street fights. I'm sure the reasoning is that they're on other DVDs, but i want them on blu-ray.

Did anyone buy the Clash of Champions or the ECW one? How are they?

Top Bottom