• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Aiii

So not worth it
I fucking LOVE Damien Sandow.

Clearly this dude will be WHC before WM29. Fuck Ryberg, Damien Sandow is the future of Smackdown!

Smackdown spoiler:
This is the best pin position ever: i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc297/AJBuwalda/BestPinEver.png

Tonight is the night

Russo.jpg

http://wwnlive.com/event-kc-6-01-12.html

Aiii

So not worth it
If you hear one Russo interview, you've heard them all.

"I made this and that star, I made this and that angle, I was the saviour of WWE, WCW was ran into the ground by everyone else, not me. TNA is shit without me. Everyone hates watching wrestling matches. blablablabla"

UberTag

25 pages of nonsense already for the June thread, WrassleGAF?
Really? REALLY?!?
It's still June 1st for crying out loud.
There had better be a really sweet OP at least.
<glances at opening post> Ugh.

This thread is bloated and pointless for no good reason. Just like RAW will soon be.
Can't wait for the 2.7 rating they're currently in a panic over to become the new standard.

ZERO1 "ZERO1 OVER THE RAINBOW", 24.04.2012
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x239ni

HONMA RETURN MATCH;

01. Tomoaki Honma, KAMIKAZE, Shito Ueda & Yoshikazu Yokoyama vs Ryouji Sai, Raideen, Nick Primo & Marcus Bean

YUHI DEBUT MATCH;

02. Yuzuki Aikawa vs Yuhi

03. Fujita 'Jr' Hayato vs Yuichiro*Jienotsu*Nagashima

ZERO1 vs BJW;

04. Kohei Sato & Daichi Hashimoto vs Daisuke Sekimoto & Kazuki Hashimoto

NWA INTERNATIONAL LIGHTWEIGHT TAG TEAM 3-WAY TITLE DECISION MATCH;

05. Ikuto Hidaka & Craig Classic vs Takuya Sugawara & Mineo Fujita vs Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora

06. Akebono & Shinjiro Ohtani vs Atsushi Onita & Masato Tanaka

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN LIVE 2012", 06.05.2012
Okayama Orange Hall
1,450 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x22dtc

01. Tama Tonga & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Wataru Inoue & Takaaki Watanabe

02. Captain New Japan vs Yujiro Takahashi

03. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & KUSHIDA vs Jado, Gedo & Rocky Romero

04. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Strong Man vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii

05. Yuji Nagata & Togi Makabe vs Minoru Suzuki & Taichi

06. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Karl Anderson vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & YOSHI-HASHI

Good New Japan show, but nothing spectacular - Nagata & Togi vs Suzuki & Taichi was OK, and the main event is fun. As for the ZERO1 show, there's a great 3-way tag match to decide the NWA International Lightweight Tag Team champions, featuring the two Jimmy's from Dragon Gate, plus the ZERO1 vs BJW feud continues, and Daichi & Kazuki Hashimoto's heated rivalry along with it, while Atsushi Onita gets fucking crazy teaming up with Masato Tanaka to take on ZERO1 Champion Akebono & Shinjiro Ohtani, great main event.

Really? REALLY?!?

This thread is bloated and pointless for no good reason. Just like RAW will soon be.
Can't wait for the 2.7 rating they're currently in a panic over to become the new standard.

live Impact, it's like a 2nd Raw, was started 2 days early, but still most of the posts came from live Impact and yeah $15 is a little outrageous for the Russo shoot, but hopefully he lets loose on this one and dishes on TNA, plus I like that they allow viewer questions so it's always entertaining, will Cornette make an appearance?

krae_man

Really? REALLY?!?

June thread is going to get a 2.4 next week.

It's still really weird to see him use the La Mistica as a set-up for a pin rather than a submission, but I guess they didn't want both him and Del Rio using an arm submission.

RBH

TNA cut a planned segment involving Brooke Hogan and the Knockouts from the Impact Wrestling television show. Mickie James acknowledged the change on her Twitter page. "I am so sorry, gang," James wrote. "Seems I have lied. I assure you not purposely! I will not be on the show tonight. Watching it live backstage. Enjoy!"

Powell's POV: Mickie James and Tara were both at the taping and were scheduled to be involved in the segment. They did join Chris Sabin at the post-show autograph signing. I assume the segment was cut due to time concerns.
http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10025452.shtml

The feeling backstage after the Impact taping was pretty much a positive one. A few workers for the company told me that they felt more excited about the company after the taping than they had in a long time and that morale tonight was up. One person described it to me as "being on a show with consequence" as opposed to taping something that would air a few weeks later. There was a feeling that the stories the company is putting on are stronger and a hope that they can provide something different from WWE's weekly shows.

The backstage scene was a lot more crazed between the live production cues and all the streaming segments that were running online.

The entire locker room, watching on monitors backstage, popped huge when Joey Ryan challenged Taz and there were a few people shocked at how well Taz handled that, considering his temper. There was some debate among wrestlers as to whether the Judge's decision was pre-planned but no one saw Ryan stepping up to Taz like that and there was legitimate surprise there. The Gutcheck deliberations were filmed yesterday in Orlando.

Brooke Hogan got along with everyone backstage, although she always has in her visits previously. She didn't do anything to carry herself in a way that would have given people ammunition to complain about her. Hogan's involvement was a Dixie Carter idea, not something that Hulk Hogan or Eric Bischoff suggested or pushed.

The TNA lawsuit vs. WWE was discussed a lot by workers, specifically the anger towards Brian Wittenstein (who is also being sued) for passing on their information.

Dixie Carter's Hall of Fame announcement wasn't told to the locker room ahead of time.

Former WWE star Cliff "Domino" Compton worked a dark match before the live broadcast, putting over Crimson in a short bout.

Martin from the last season of Tough Enough was in attendance visiting.

The Christopher Daniels "baby birds" comment was a reference to something comedian Daniel Tosh (Tosh.0), who is a big wrestling fan, has said in the past.

Since a few people have asked this, Jeff and Karen Jarrett were not backstage or in Orlando.

TNA taped ODB defeating Angelina Love for Xplosion at tonight's taping.

Tara and Mickie James were backstage but were not used.
http://pwinsider.com/article/68941/tna-impact-taping-news-and-notes.html?p=1

I am the only one who thinks that
they are going to have a triple threat match so that CM Punk can lose the title belt to Daniel Bryan without actually straight up losing to Daniel Bryan? It's like Cena losing the belt at Hell in a Cell without losing to CM Punk or Alberto Del Rio straight up.

Punk = Mini Cena confirmed if that happens.

Aiii

So not worth it
I am the only one who thinks that
they are going to have a triple threat match so that CM Punk can lose the title belt to Daniel Bryan without actually straight up losing to Daniel Bryan? It's like Cena losing the belt at Hell in a Cell without losing to CM Punk or Alberto Del Rio straight up.

Punk = Mini Cena confirmed if that happens.

Of course he is. But only to build up the inevitable Summerslam match.
It's proper old-school booking, nothing to do with Cena.

Bowser

Or they freak out about the ratings, have Bryan beat Punk and then job the next night to Cena. Cena as champ is ratings.

I feel like if they are gonna go this route, it's more likely that they'll have Kane be the transitional champ. Another 1-day reign for Kane!

Aiii

So not worth it
I see no signs of them freaking out about the ratings. Except for Ubertags posts which I can't seem to validate with a proper source. They seem pretty high on Bryan and Punk right now, they're selling merchandising like crazy.

Bowser

Apparently WWE is considering unifying the US and IC titles (but not the WWE and World titles). Honestly think it's a dumb idea because they have so many low and mid-card talents who they could throw into feuds simply by having them chase a belt, but since they haven't done that in years, why would they start now? If they do unify the titles, they should really introduce a cruiserweight title (weren't they trying to rebuild a cruiserweight division? Sin Cara would make a great cruiserweight champ...and a Cara/Bourne feud, if Bourne could ever get clean/healthy, would make for some entertaining matches) and reestablish the tag team division/titles.

Also, apparently creative didn't learn about Orton's suspension until it was announced on WWE.com and were already building to an Orton/Ziggler match at NWO. smdh.

I see no signs of them freaking out about the ratings. Except for Ubertags posts which I can't seem to validate with a proper source. They seem pretty high on Bryan and Punk right now, they're selling merchandising like crazy.

Source was Meltzer/Wrestling Observer

Aiii

So not worth it
Don't forget they're relaunching NXT and merging it with FCW, I reckon they'll have titles on there which the lower midcard of Smackdown/Raw will also compete for. Probably with that in mind, unifying the two lower midcard titles on the main shows makes sense.

WWE was considering merging the us and ic titles a few weeks ago as evidenced by the Santino vs Cody feud, but that has seemingly been dropped with nothing referenced about that feud anymore so I think they dropped the idea. Dumb idea to merge the titles at this point even though both are meaningless and treated as jokes(Santino squashed and feuding with Ricardo as US champ). But hey it's WWE. If you aren't Cena you don't matter.

Don't forget they're relaunching NXT and merging it with FCW, I reckon they'll have titles on there which the lower midcard of Smackdown/Raw will also compete for. Probably with that in mind, unifying the two lower midcard titles on the main shows makes sense.

Just retire the US belt. It's a joke belt worn by a joke character. The IC champ is at least a competent wrestler and still holds a smidgen of prestige.

As long as Sin Cara stays out of that white outfit he will be ok. If you see the white outfit he is about to be gone for awhile. He seemed to work smarter in this match than his previous time around. Rey vs Sin Cara should be awesome. Needs to be done at Summerslam.

RBH

The Pittsburgh Steelers will be playing at home against the Baltimore Ravens for the Sunday Night game on NBC the week of November 18th, the same night of Survivor Series at the Consol Energy Center Arena in Pittsburgh. WWE is not going to attempt to compete with the Steelers in their own city and is looking into other options, whether it be moving the PPV by a week or finding another city.

By November with 3 hour Raws they should be doing low to mid 2s on a consistent basis, plus that is the planned launch of the network. Gonna be a fun time:)

Top Bottom