• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

WWE wishes they could do character development to the level of that James Storm video from Impact. With 1000 times the money, they can't even come close.

tumblr_m4v8nqM4O81qfzhnw.gif

Aiii said:
AJ and the other gaming geeks must be really pissed they're missing the Sony conference lolol.

They'll just miss 5-10 minutes, if any at all.

New page deserves a better gif:

LMLHa.gif

XenoRaven

Some of you are actually planning on watching the Sony conference instead of RAW? What is the matter with you people? Don't you want to watch and discuss wrestling, huh?

BTW, they should put Kane on the poster for MITB. He was on the poster for Extreme Rules, and that PPV improved year on year.
So Kane pics, puns and comments have been replaced by "let's talk wrestling guys!!!" comments? I feel like this isn't really an improvement.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
But Hornswoggle was in the MitB poster from las year, so leprechaun > Punk.

I never watch Raw live, I watch it with the comfort of the Fast Forward option on tuesday evenings. So I'll be watching the Sony conference live, without the comfort of the FF option *sigh*
Fast forward. . . . . . . through a wrestling program? You sir are not a true wrestling fan. Judging by your avatar, I bet you also enjoy "fan art", don't you? Admit it!

So Kane pics, puns and comments have been replaced by "let's talk wrestling guys!!!" comments? I feel like this isn't really an improvement.
My God. What do you people want? I gave you Kane pics, you said "we want wrestling". I post wrestling videos, give you breakdown, encourage discussion of them, and now you say you don't want that? Make up your minds! *cries*

Kaladin

Colt Cabana will be making his EVOLVE Wrestling debut, both in the ring and the commentary booth, on the first two dates of EVOLVE's Florida tripleshot on June the 28th, 29th & 30th - also, the June 28th show has been confirmed as an iPPV, but it's still to be determined if the following day's shows will also be broadcast.

The more they announce, the more discouraged I get from going. I would only be able to go to Evolve's show in Jacksonville and that one does not have El Generico and Colt Cabana on the show...two of the reasons I would go to one of these Evolve shows. The rest of the announced talent isn't motivating me to spend $30 on a ticket either.....maybe when they start announcing matches we'll see.

But Hornswoggle was in the MitB poster from las year, so leprechaun > Punk.

Look closely people, You can see that Orton and Jericho are going for the case.. and John Morrison and Christian are falling off..

Orton and Jericho to the WWE AT THE TIME (2010) > Morrison and Christian

Why are you facepalming? You'd have to be blind and deaf to not notice the character development going on with Roode and Storm for like 8 months now.

Yeah, TNA just has better storylines going as a whole. It's alot easier for WWE as they have the best talent on the planet working for them and they do nothing with them. Whereas pretty much everyone on Impact has a storyline going. Imagine what they could do with 4 hours of tv and the roster WWE has.

I'll probably have it on my Laptop while I watch RAW on my TV. I shall miss nothing!

I figured this was the logical solution, the real question is can I be bothered to stay up and watch both at 2am when I can just speed through to the good parts for both in the morning?

• Drop the mood lighting
  • Get him an actual feud
  • Get him someone who can work his style
  • Disappointing to see that he's slowed down for these fatties

Heath doesn't respond to it correctly.

Rey come back as heel beats him up for trying to take his spot.

There is a summers worth of matches in that.

Kaladin

Yeah, TNA just has better storylines going as a whole. It's alot easier for WWE as they have the best talent on the planet working for them and they do nothing with them. Whereas pretty much everyone on Impact has a storyline going. Imagine what they could do with 4 hours of tv and the roster WWE has.

Remind me, how did they set up Joe vs Aries last night?

Khrno

Watching SD, Sheamus is so much better "Cena" than Cena, he doesn't shit on others gimmicks and actually sells his opponent's character.

Remind me, how did they set up Joe vs Aries last night?

The build to Slammiversary has been bad yeah. I blame Gutcheck and Open Fight Night. Gutcheck especially takes too much time away on a monthly basis from a 2 hour show. Over 2 shows it gets 30-40 minutes of screentime. When they have a ppv every month it's slotted on bad shows too as it's on the 2nd and 3rd show after a ppv. They just need to get rid of Gutcheck or put it all on 1 segment in a show. Have the judges do their vote right after their match with live deliberation in front of the wrestler.

Just checking the slammiversary site, they removed Aries vs Joe from the announced matches. Maybe it was an early slip. They'll probably announce it after Joe lays out Aries next week or something.

Khrno

Fast forward. . . . . . . through a wrestling program? You sir are not a true wrestling fan. Judging by your avatar, I bet you also enjoy "fan art", don't you? Admit it!

I'm not a masochist, so I only watch what I like, and don't have to put up with shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yes! is pretty iconic. Punk's shoot promo had some bytes "Do I have everybody's attention now!" etc.

Plenty to pick from really that could be called iconic.

Sheamus, not so much.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Rey come back as heel beats him up for trying to take his spot.

There is a summers worth of matches in that.
They're still both merch. money.

Ideally if anything, make them a tag team and make them tag champs. It would give the belt some prestige again. Cara would get better used to working the american style if he's taking notes from Rey. Then come around WM they suffer some big losses to another actual tag team. They get upset at each other, boom. WM Match.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I'm surprised they didn't use Cole's "can I have everyone's attention" thing.

I actually do remember that Sheamus line, they used it a lot in the Sheamus vs. Henry promo/recap. I wouldn't call it iconic at all though.

I'm surprised they didn't use Cole's "can I have everyone's attention" thing.

I actually do remember that Sheamus line, they used it a lot in the Sheamus vs. Henry promo/recap. I wouldn't call it iconic at all though.

Sheamus is the next main man for this company so now it's incredibly iconic, a star making statement.

C8PJp.gif

Sheamus is the man to corner the kiddy market if something happens to Cena. He just need 7-8 more years of being built up as an unstoppable force that never loses and get put in some shitty WWE movies.

Aiii

So not worth it
The key to mainstream success is using a shitty finisher.

Like Hogan's leg drop. Cena's STF and Sheamus Extended Leg To The Face.

The bro kick actually looks like it hurts though most of the time. Much better than Cena just laying a guy on their back with no force whatsoever.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm more a fan of finishers that come out of nowhere. Either submission moves that are locked on out of nowhere or devastating moves that just hit you. That's what I loved about Benoit, that guy could just come out of nowhere and suddenly the guy would be in the Crippler Crossface and you would be like WTF is happening! OMG! YEAH!

Much more fun then "pick a guy up on your shoulder and turn to the camera" like Cena and Punk do or Sheamus punching his chest 20 times yelling BROGUE while the other guy slowly gets on his foot so he can slowly walk into the boot.

Khrno

Sheamus is a great performer and respect the hell out of him. During his first year, when they came touring the UK, in the Liverpool show he gave a promo where he brought up Man. United and how he was their fan, just to get heat.

And not until last year when they came back, he was able to actually visit Anfield as the true fan he is. I wouldn't have been able to go to Madrid and call myself a Barcelona follower, what a fella he is.

X2FCQ.jpg

Oh, and is it just Vince, or do americans have no idea what a hooligan actually is?

Top Bottom