• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World |OT| WARNING! Safety Not, uh, Guaranteed | RT: 71?!%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Ok so in JP3 there's tons of things that don't make sense. Well, right at the beginning, what exactly does the plane hit? You suddenly see blood on the windows, but the Spino wasn't harmed. Did they hit Cooper in its mouth??

Ok so in JP3 there's tons of things that don't make sense. Well, right at the beginning, what exactly does the plane hit? You suddenly see blood on the windows, but the Spino wasn't harmed. Did they hit Cooper in its mouth??
Pretty sure they grazed the Spino with the plane.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure they grazed the Spino with the plane.

I guess, but sucks they didn't incorporate it into the actual Spino model with a scar or cut or anything :/

Also, the puppety t-rex looks absolutely hilarious transitioning into cg where it looks like a normal rex and not even the same animal.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Also while watching through 3, the raptors' CG is actually really really good. The transition between puppet to CG is pretty awesome. While most of the other dinos in the movie like the hadrosaurs look pretty bad, the raptors got top notch CG.

Timu

Man these positive impressions make the wait harder!!!
Ok so in JP3 there's tons of things that don't make sense.
So true, I can write a list of them.

Also, the puppety t-rex looks absolutely hilarious transitioning into cg where it looks like a normal rex and not even the same animal.
Glad I'm not the only one who notices how awful that was, like, it's not even the same T-Rex and looks so off to me.

Also while watching through 3, the raptors' CG is actually really really good. The transition between puppet to CG is pretty awesome. While most of the other dinos in the movie like the hadrosaurs look pretty bad, the raptors got top notch CG.
The raptors IMO are the most consistent and best looking dinosaurs in the whole movie.

Universal had another employee screening tonight. I finally caught it and let me say this: IMO it's better than the original. If OG was 7.8/10, then this was 8.9/10 for me.

danielreis

Neo Member
Just came back, and i really liked. To be honest, I'm kinda of surprised by it, because of how bad were the other sequels. But JW had great action scenes, Pratt was very good (and the movie did a wise choice of a less humorous Pratt), the kids were all right and without too much forced drama once the action started.

The soundtrack was very good, but that was expected.

Of course the movie have a few flaws and weak story lines (also, i confess that i wanted to see more of the chaos in the park and in different areas, and more sense of danger and discovery). But that was a very good ride. So good to be back at the Park!

Blablurn

Oh man. Incredible.

Watching the first in 3D. I don't expect World to be this, I just want it to be an extension.

Yep, same. Im actually tempted to give one another rewatch as well before seeing World later. Maybe... thats... what.... I should do now.

:D

Brandon, WE ARE ALMOST THERE.

Welcome, and make the most of it! Orlando has some obvious attractions, but there are some pretty nice parks and whatnot dotted across the state as well.

Yeah, I'm excited to be a resident! I love that I moved here right before this came out, Universal is loaded with cool JW stuff.

Brandon, WE ARE ALMOST THERE.

We already are, man.

I know there are some cynics on GAF but I would like to take a moment to appreciate everyone who has been cool and informative and hyped about this film with the rest of us. Rain or shine, we stuck together and stayed hyped as hell. The reviews are pretty damn good so far, and that's unexpectedly nice. The sequels so far have been less than kind but with their moments, but I feel like World will finally fill in those gaps, flaws and all.

Stay cool Jurassic bros.

Universal had another employee screening tonight. I finally caught it and let me say this: IMO it's better than the original. If OG was 7.8/10, then this was 8.9/10 for me.

shocked-will-smith.gif

Drewly

Banned
Saw it yesterday evening, my thoughts:
- The kids suck ass like in almost every movie... Was wishing they died the whole movie long.
- The movie was very predictable.
- CGI was nice.
- The park looked amazing. especially the
petting zoo
- There is no way a dinosaur park would have trouble getting visitors.
- Chris pratt did his job great, really like the guy.
- The stupid
parents are getting a divorce / cry scene
was lame.
- A lot of scenes where you will think "why the fuck would you do that?"
- The ending was awesome as fuck, but like I said, predictable.
- Clearly left space for a sequel.
- The first one is still the best by a mile, for me it's on the same level as the 2nd because I really liked the lost world.
- Ending spoiler:
Outrunning that T-Rex really?

I give it an 8/10.

also, did they make a reference to feathered dinosaurs? Because at some point a guy talks about how they bred the dinosaurs and he said something along the lines of "we mixed the dinosaurs dna with other animals because otherwise they wouldn't have looked as cool."

Seems to be a little reference to if they used their normal DNA strains, they would've had feathers and looked stupid.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Geeze guys, some of us still need to see the awesome :p

Currently watching the Chris Pratt interview on Kimmel that aired last night.

Drewly

Banned
Also, the T-rex roar was nerfed in JW imo. It didn't sound as epic as the one in the other jurassic movies to me.

Hamlet

Saw it yesterday evening, my thoughts:
- The kids suck ass like in almost every movie... Was wishing they died the whole movie long.
- The movie was very predictable.
- CGI was nice.
- The park looked amazing. especially the
petting zoo
- There is no way a dinosaur park would have trouble getting visitors.
- Chris pratt did his job great, really like the guy.
- The stupid
parents are getting a divorce / cry scene
was lame.
- A lot of scenes where you will think "why the fuck would you do that?"
- The ending was awesome as fuck, but like I said, predictable.
- Clearly left space for a sequel.
- The first one is still the best by a mile, for me it's on the same level as the 2nd because I really liked the lost world.
- Ending spoiler:
Outrunning that T-Rex really?

I give it an 8/10.

I'm pretty sure she still had her heels on in that scene also right? Gotta admit that makes it even more of an impressive feat.

T-Rex.

Banned
Sorry if this has already been answered, but can anyone who's seen the film say whether or not it's worth watching in 3D? Thanks

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Darn NBA finals, or else I'd be going sooner :/ That's why I'll be going in line to wait for everyone to come. I wonder if the lines will be Avengers' length.

Game4life

Banned

Has the cheque from Universal cleared because I cannot believe this.

Fk this shit I am watching it as well to find out. I guess I will stop being a Debbie Downer and give this a shot.

Woah.

Although my biggest take away from this is that someone would rate the first movie as a 7.8/10.

Still nice to hear some super positive feedback though!

Kaze Kyou

Nah, no way man. OG is still the standard that future sequels will need to live up to, although that said Jurassic World does a pretty darn fine job - better than the Lost World and 3.

As for complaints about the kids being annoying, only the bigger brother is annoying. The little kid is pretty much the vessel for kids who will undoubtedly watch this.

JP1 > JW > JP2 > JP3.

Morgoth

Banned
Just got back from a theater employee screening. I loved it! Even more than the first. I thought the world building was fun. The story was unique and I liked where it went towards the end. The
I-Rex vs. T-Rex fight
has a twist that is unexpected. The movie is very visceral for a PG-13. The scenes where all hell breaks loose was a blast to watch. The movie was very entertaining.
When the T-Rex shoes up it crashes through a spinosaurus skeleton. I thought that was a cool way to acknowledge part 3.
overall a 8.5/10

What I always wanted from jurassic park was a sequel to the book's plot where the dinosaurs were escaping from the island onto the mainland.

A continent or world where dinosaurs roamed free and disrupted the ecosystem and civilization could make an excellent TV series if written well. Kind of like the walking dead survival type of show but I think dinosaurs are more interesting than zombies.

linkboy

I won't get to see this till next weekend. It's super hard to resist the urge to click on spoilers.

Next weekend needs to get here ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom