• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jury sides with Hulk Hogan in his sex tape lawsuit against Gawker & awards him $115m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

Oh, they make a habit of outing gay people? Damn, that is sick.
They had a habit of outing lots of different people for lots of different things. Basically if you had a Wikipedia article and something would end up on it they figured that it was in the public interest to publish. It was fucking disgusting

cntr

Banned
Oh, they make a habit of outing gay people? Damn, that is sick.
Yeah, they go after people who're unknown or unpopular and shit on them.

Since he's a "libertarian, thin-skinned piece of shit", Gawker can get people to defend them because political and celebrity teams.

CTLance

Always double tap to make sure.

Hogan and Thiel going for the kill, huh. I have half a mind to actually applaud them. Sorry to whomever this may spell unemployment. It's just, Gawker is such a thoroughly appalling company.

Good. Gawker is awful, the only thig I kind of a enjoy from them is their kotaku content. Though I do wonder what this will mean for them? Will any gawker sites get shut down?

Patryn

Good. Gawker is awful, the only thig I kind of a enjoy from them is their kotaku content. Though I do wonder what this will mean for them? Will any gawker sites get shut down?

If this succeeds, it may lead to the closure of all Gawker sites. So Kotaku, io9, Gizmodo, Deadspin, Jezebel, Lifehacker and Gawker itself.

However, the more likely scenario is that the more profitable sites will be sold off to help pay the judgment.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Really don't think so. My guess some company will buy them out at the end of this and they will be okay.

Tansut

I'm reading news about the judge rejecting Gawker's motion for a new trial and saying the judge won't reduce a $140 million penalty.

Get fucked Gawker!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/b...uade-judge-to-retry-hulk-hogan-case.html?_r=0
qK7oT.gif

Gawker has terrible practices. This should not be a surprised for their staff. It is very sad that some good people will lose their jobs.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Gooooooooood.
The end of Gawker is nigh, and it feels right. Hopefully this sets a precedent for other sites like it *glares at Buzzfeed & Polygon*

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Just when I thought it couldn't get any more like a wrestling storyline, the freaking surprise return of an old nemesis. You reap what you sow, Gawker. Someone needs to modified the "it was me Austin, it was me all along" gif to Thiel.
That would be a perfect gif

Ric Flair

Banned
gif_305x206_4639452hznd.gif

Hopefully they can prove the leak
off topic but fuck Shawn for not doing proper business there. He even called out Hogan for leaving the night after, why the fuck would hulk do business with a guy who could make him look like a million bucks but instead shat all over the ring? I mean, the dude even bled for business like a stuck pig. I wonder if Shawn regrets it

oti

Banned
Gooooooooood.
The end of Gawker is nigh, and it feels right. Hopefully this sets a precedent for other sites like it *glares at Buzzfeed & Polygon*

Polygon? I mean I get it, they can be downright terrible at times, but what have they done for you to compare them with Gawker? And Buzzfeed, as #millenial and #swag crappy as it is, they also do some pretty neat journalism. Journalism that benefits the public, not releasing a totally private sex tape.

SilentRob

Gooooooooood.

Uhm, the fuck? When did Polygon start leaking personal info and videos from other people? What are you talking about?

Uhm, the fuck? When did Polygon start leaking personal info and videos from other people? What are you talking about?

they make dumb pie graphs so hurr durr burn with the rest

Some of the responses around Polygon are absolutely asinine on GAF. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised.

Where are all the armchair lawyer Gaffers who were telling me this was absolutely not going to happen, DEFINITELY going to get overturned.

Or have they all gone silent now.

off topic but fuck Shawn for not doing proper business there. He even called out Hogan for leaving the night after, why the fuck would hulk do business with a guy who could make him look like a million bucks but instead shat all over the ring? I mean, the dude even bled for business like a stuck pig. I wonder if Shawn regrets it
Didn't hogan backdoor the deal that each person would win a match but hogan bailed before putting over Shawn ?

IrishNinja

By outing him as gay? Yeah that's totally the most important thing a free press can do.

just saw the article linked on this page that started this war - fuck, i don't care for paypal, silicon tech libertarian shit or any of that, but i really can't blame dude - that was an absolutely shitty thing to do, and apparently not their only time

What does him being a libertarian have to do with this?

Is that an insult here now?

...just on here, or...?
"some, i assume, are good people."

They had a habit of outing lots of different people for lots of different things. Basically if you had a Wikipedia article and something would end up on it they figured that it was in the public interest to publish. It was fucking disgusting

jesus, yeah not gonna miss em one bit, then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom