• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League vs Teen Titans: First look of full cast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Surprised Shazam is also not pulling a double

Though it clarifies Dick's not a part of the team and Starfire is the leader (explains why she looks older)

I really wonder what the original team looked like. So far we know it likely included Nightwing (then Robin) and Starfire.

Cyborg was never part of it until maybe now. Raven is younger then all of them. Beast Boy seems to be around a similar age. I don't think there is a Kid Flash in this new animated universe yet and Barry is still Flash. Aquaman doesn't seem like he had side kick yet.

There is a new Sneak Peek that was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylEFdQZf-hA

From the sounds of this it looks like Cyborg might be pulling double duty by the end of this and possibly in future films. Still with the JL but maybe hanging out with the Titans since they're closer to his age and identifies with them.
Look at Cyborg trying to be cooler than Jaime. And by that I mean I like Jaime more.
Surprised but happy with the focus on Raven. I'm glad it's not just "Oh they're mind controlled... now fight."
Agreed.
I really wonder what the original team looked like. So far we know it likely included Nightwing (then Robin) and Starfire.

Cyborg was never part of it until maybe now. Raven is younger then all of them. Beast Boy seems to be around a similar age. I don't think there is a Kid Flash in this new animated universe yet and Barry is still Flash. Aquaman doesn't seem like he had side kick yet.
Well, since the baseline for these movies is New 52 (though obviously still different), then most likely Bart will be Kid Flash and then RIP Wally.

There is a new Sneak Peek that was released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylEFdQZf-hA

From the sounds of this it looks like Cyborg might be pulling double duty by the end of this and possibly in future films. Still with the JL but maybe hanging out with the Titans since they're closer to his age and identifies with them.

Those flashes to the cover during this was weird. This preview actually turned me off a bit. I watched Son of Batman and Bad Blood now and I think I don't like Damian. The way the actors and writers were trying to sell me turned me off too. I'm skeptical because there hasn't been much I've liked since Flashpoint Paradox. There was one pretty good one, three okays, and two bads.

e_i

They got new voices for the Teen Titans? RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

*Cries in a corner*

PreFire

DC Animated movies usually don't disappoint

Can't wait to watch this.

I do NOT get the hate for Damien. He's fucking bad ass. He's Bruce Wayne, brought up by Ra's - he's not going to be a goody two shoes.

Also, loving Omara as Batman. He's taking over

Pau

Can't wait to watch this.

I do NOT get the hate for Damien. He's fucking bad ass. He's Bruce Wayne, brought up by Ra's - he's not going to be a goody two shoes.

Also, loving Omara as Batman. He's taking over
The dislike, for me, comes from:
1) People and writers acting as if Damian is Bruce's only kid and as if being a biological kid makes him automatically better.
2) Not being too enamored with a character always acting like an asshole. It makes sense given his history, it's just not a character trait I enjoy.

PreFire

The dislike, for me, comes from:
1) People and writers acting as if Damian is Bruce's only kid and as if being a biological kid makes him automatically better.
2) Not being too enamored with a character always acting like an asshole. It makes sense given his history, it's just not a character trait I enjoy.

For number 2, I guess that's understandable, but not all characters are supposed to be likable. Some people are just pricks, plus he's super young and Bruce Wayne's son. Thick skull, stubborn.. But his fighting skills are better than Nightwing's and he even went toe to toe with
Batman.

As for number 1, you can't for certain say the writers are doing that. It doesnt make him "automatically" better.

Stories change. In one version Damien was born after consensual sex, in another, Bruce was drugged and basically raped, in another they take his blood and basically make a clone of him
which they're doing with Damien

But hey, it's your opinion. He's my favorite new character.

Pau

For number 2, I guess that's understandable, but not all characters are supposed to be likable. Some people are just pricks, plus he's super young and Bruce Wayne's son. Thick skull, stubborn.. But his fighting skills are better than Nightwing's and he even went toe to toe with
Batman.

As for number 1, you can't for certain say the writers are doing that. It doesnt make him "automatically" better.

Stories change. In one version Damien was born after consensual sex, in another, Bruce was drugged and basically raped, in another they take his blood and basically make a clone of him
which they're doing with Damien

But hey, it's your opinion. He's my favorite new character.
For my first complaint, it certainly seems that way when writers dumb down the other kids to make Damian seem smarter/more capable. Like Dick suddenly not knowing anything about business when he was fucking raised as the heir to Wayne Corp. so that Damian could go be in a meeting room as a kid. Or being like "It's in his genes/blood/etc." :p

As for the second, I get that. That's just me. I stopped reading with the new 52 stuff, so I don't know if they continued Damian's character development and made him at least act better around his family. Or if they continued with the stuff like I mentioned from above.

I honestly think he's a good addition to the cast and I like the conflict he brings with the other kids, but I think the writers go overboard sometimes. I think it's pretty understandable why some people don't like him.

Geist-

I think that is Damian Wayne, son of Bruce Wayne and Thalia al Ghul.

I don't think I'm caught up on the movies, is the backstory still Thalia roofieing Bruce Wayne and raping him until she got pregnant? I think I read somewhere that that's the official canon in the comics, but I'm not sure.

Pau

I don't think I'm caught up on the movies, is the backstory still Thalia roofieing Bruce Wayne and raping him until she got pregnant? I think I read somewhere that that's the official canon in the comics, but I'm not sure.
They did away with it in the new 52. But yes, it was canon for a while.

How does this version of the Titans even hope to stand up to a mind controlled League that has Superman and Wonder Woman on it?

Shaanyboi

Banned
breh they almost all disappoint hard post-flashpoint.

i hope this one is good though because i really miss young justice.
Eh, they've been here and there...

JL War was a big dumb action story. Not great, but I found GL charmingly dickish.

Son of Batman wasn't all that good.

TDKR was a solid adaptation. Zero problem with it.

JL Throne of Atlantis was a bigger disappointment considering how good the comic is. Maybe it was a limitation of time, but the story had to be made too simplistic and the action staging didn't have that consistent quality War did.

Assault on Arkham was a fun-enough take on the Suicide Squad.

Batman vs Robin was a decent enough merging of the first couple Batman/Batman & Robin arcs. Only downside was the limited runtime not letting the Court be as haunting as they need to be.

JL Gods and Monsters was a cool-ass elseworlds story.

Batman Bad Blood was hindered most by the runtime, but as far as closing out this Damian trilogy of theirs, it was an alright adaptation of the Leviathan arc.

right i forgot about TDKR for some reason but yeah that was really good. honestly found the rest you mentioned shit (except for gods and monsters, enjoyed that one quite a bit too. damn i miss bruce timm)

Strax

Didn't know Starfire was a camgirl.

Its decent. The story is too big for 80 mins. This should be a 10-12 20 mins eps. tv show.

Why the hell doesn't DC have regular cartoons going atm?
They really need to look at partnering with Netflix or something because man this has the makings for a great series yet we get 1 cramped movie and then DC forgets about it.

abundant

They really need to look at partnering with Netflix or something because man this has the makings for a great series yet we get 1 cramped movie and then DC forgets about it.

Hopefully Netflix does pick up Young Justice S3 and this kick starts a wave of new DC Animated shows.

Shaanyboi

Banned

That's not the business Cartoon Network is interested in pursuing. Either the toy side of things (which what funds these cartoons) either completely drops the ball and they get cancelled, or they think in-general they aren't reaching the target demo they want.

The new Justice League cartoon coming out later is going to be short 10 minute episodes, not likely a full-length animated serial like an older demographic would want.

Is this set in the DCAU and a sequel of sorts to "Throne of Atlantis"?

Yeah, most of the post-Flashpoint ones are seemingly in-canon with one-another.

War
Son of Batman
Throne of Atlantis
Batman vs. Robin
Bad Blood

and now this. The last couple Batman ones have made explicit references between Nightwing and Starfire being a thing.

Kelsdesu

Urghhh...stop trying to make Damien happen WB!!!!

DC is really trying to make Damien stick....

He is basically Jason Todd, but a better fighter. I am more interested in Tim because of his potential. He is not the best Robin, but he has the potential to be the best Batman replacement imo.

Ashhong

That's not the business Cartoon Network is interested in pursuing. Either the toy side of things (which what funds these cartoons) either completely drops the ball and they get cancelled, or they think in-general they aren't reaching the target demo they want.

The new Justice League cartoon coming out later is going to be short 10 minute episodes, not likely a full-length animated serial like an older demographic would want.

Yeah, most of the post-Flashpoint ones are seemingly in-canon with one-another.

War
Son of Batman
Throne of Atlantis
Batman vs. Robin
Bad Blood

and now this. The last couple Batman ones have made explicit references between Nightwing and Starfire being a thing.

Didn't know those Batman ones were canon, I only watched JL ones. I don't read the comics and never watched the old shows, and I really enjoy this universe. Looking forward to watching the Batman ones now.

DC is really trying to make Damien stick....

He is basically Jason Todd, but a better fighter. I am more interested in Tim because of his potential. He is not the best Robin, but he has the potential to be the best Batman replacement imo.
Yeah. Seems like Tim and Jason don't even exist in this universe. I really don't like Damien.

Didn't know those Batman ones were canon, I only watched JL ones. I don't read the comics and never watched the old shows, and I really enjoy this universe. Looking forward to watching the Batman ones now.
They're pretty bad. Great fight choreography, but everything else is shallow.

Shaanyboi

Banned

Son of Batman isn't very good. The latter two are decent enough though, if pretty rushed. The hard 70-minute limit on these really kinda hurts some of the stories they try to tell.

Thats why am saying they need someone like Netflix.
CN just didn't like that YJ and Green Lantern and large female fanbases
Beware the Batman was sabotaged from the very beginning first with awful villains,
then secondly Mattel announcing they would no longer do animated series figures because they crashed their Young Justice line into the ground from day 1.

WB/DC needs those kinda things out there because they open the door to a whole lot more than just they typical Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman who do well in anything regardless.

Ashhong

Yeah. Seems like Tim and Jason don't even exist in this universe. I really don't like Damien.

They're pretty bad. Great fight choreography, but everything else is shallow.

Is it shallow compared to the comic? It's a cartoon, and I don't expect much more than good action =P

Argh, the "you've got a way to take out Superman" line got me TRIGGERDDDDDDD

Because you know who actually does have a way to take out Superman?

YN7Sm41.jpg

YEAH.

My rage knows NO BOUNDS.

Kyosaiga

Banned
Son of Batman isn't very good. The latter two are decent enough though, if pretty rushed. The hard 70-minute limit on these really kinda hurts some of the stories they try to tell.

SoB is just plain old absurd even by comic book standards.

You're trying to tell me that a ten year old boy had training that was ZOMG so good that he's able to knock around a grown ass man who's at LEAST 300+ pounds of solid muscle?

Get the fuck out of here.

Chariot

Thats why am saying they need someone like Netflix.
CN just didn't like that YJ and Green Lantern and large female fanbases
Beware the Batman was sabotaged from the very beginning first with awful villains,
then secondly Mattel announcing they would no longer do animated series figures because they crashed their Young Justice line into the ground from day 1.

WB/DC needs those kinda things out there because they open the door to a whole lot more than just they typical Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman who do well in anything regardless.
Not "like Netflix". Just give it to Netflix for cheap, they handled the Marvel stuff very well,they could make a good pool of DCAU movies and shows with little to no restraints I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom