• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 3 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
wiRoo.gif
PgFOD.gif

Hqnqr.gif
KLKXz.gif

EDIT:

Awesome stuff from tofes over on the SA TV forum:

5v6fE.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Winona > Ava *arms crossed*

voCX1.gif

To all the Winona lovers, are you "Team Winona" because you think she's hotter than Ava, or because you like her character? Her stupid antics in season 2 were the only negative I can think of for that season, so she's pretty high on my shit list. I hope she stays gone for a few episodes this season.

gdt

Another awesome episode. The four kidneys line is an instant classic. Wonder what was up with the ending...

Plissken

Great episode, loved the "I got 4 kidneys?!" line, and Raylan's little magic trick with the key made me bust out laughing.

Did anyone catch the name Quarles said as he was leaving Boyd? He swallowed the bourbon, got up, and said something as he left, sounded like the name of a person, though I may be remembering wrong.

Solo

God daaaaaaaamn. Badass episode of Justified or most badass episode of Justified? Yeah, it's definitely the latter. Raylan dangling the keys in front of the ram-happy police. Boyd playing the doctor like a fiddle by dropping all that info about his mother into the conversation. Raylan shooting a chick from a fucking bathtub, through a guy laying on top of him, while dosed on horse tranqs. In addition to that, it might also be the funniest episode of Justified yet too. Dewey's actions were ten shades of embarassingly hilarious. Stealing money from strippers. Getting popped by an old man. Getting tricked by Raylan into thinking he had four kidneys. Fucking LOL. The plot strands are starting to weave together nicely now too, with the knowledge of Limehouse's "mole" out there, and Quarles and Boyd essentially declaring war on eachother.

This show keeps hitting new peaks and is easily the most entertaining thing I am watching now.

Spat_triate

God daaaaaaaamn. Badass episode of Justified or most badass episode of Justified? Yeah, it's definitely the latter. Raylan dangling the keys in front of the ram-happy police. Boyd playing the doctor like a fiddle by dropping all that info about his mother into the conversation. Raylan shooting a chick from a fucking bathtub, through a guy laying on top of him, while dosed on horse tranqs. In addition to that, it might also be the funniest episode of Justified yet too. Dewey's actions were ten shades of embarassingly hilarious. Stealing money from strippers. Getting popped by an old man. Getting tricked by Raylan into thinking he had four kidneys. Fucking LOL. The plot strands are starting to weave together nicely now too, with the knowledge of Limehouse's "mole" out there, and Quarles and Boyd essentially declaring war on eachother.

This show keeps hitting new peaks and is easily the most entertaining thing I am watching now.

Totally agree. It's the most fun I've had watching a tv show since The Shield (which Goggins was also a part of).

wish they would have played up the crank vibe a little more

fun episode though

and yeah the winona ending was weird.. did the actress have other commitments or something?

voCX1.gif

To all the Winona lovers, are you "Team Winona" because you think she's hotter than Ava, or because you like her character? Her stupid antics in season 2 were the only negative I can think of for that season, so she's pretty high on my shit list. I hope she stays gone for a few episodes this season.

She's hotter (and I happen to think Ava is pretty hot), and I like her more as a character.

Or rather, if she were a real person I would like her more. I want Raylan and Winona to be together and to be happy and all that, but... yeah. She's been sort of this nagging, obnoxious character lately who mother-hens Raylan about his job, and I'm tiring of that, I will admit it.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Show continues to be astoundingly good. There's enough juice in these writers for 4+ more seasons. Shit is incredible.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
voCX1.gif

I'm Team Winona for a few reasons, although i too am a fan of Ava.

In season 1, when Raylan is back to Harlan after his stint in Miami, I always dug that mysterious nature of how his relationship was with Winona prior to the show. You knew that Raylan still had feelings for her, but she has already moved on. And when Raylan ended up with her at the end of the season, I was like my boy is happy.

Now, in season 2 they gave more spotlight to Winona, and her antics did change how i perceived her in season 1 which was cool, calm, collected. Her money stealing arc showed that she is pretty volatile, and these actions were probably some reasons why her and Raylan didn't work out in the past. I understood that, and it didn't make me hate the character and gave me reasons on to why they didn't work out in the past. In late season 2 and season 3 Winona serves as that character that IMO keeps Raylan human, and not some crazy scum killing Marshal. Sure her giving ultimatiums to Raylan can get annoying, but as i mentioned in a previous post it doesn't bother me since let's say you were a pregnant women, would you want to hear about how your dude was almost killed on a daily basis or how he killed someone? I feel her actions are Justified (excuse the pun) and yeah i can see why some people dislike her, at least it's not something stupid like Rick's wife in The Walking Dead.

Solo

Corny, where is the bathtub-bullet-through-chest gif? It could serve as the RAYLAN'D to counterbalance GUTTERSON'D.

wish they would have played up the crank vibe a little more

fun episode though

and yeah the winona ending was weird.. did the actress have other commitments or something?
Did I miss something, or was that ending supposed to be ambiguous with what Raylan was reading? Winona leaving a 'dear john' letter seems almost too obvious for this show, but I can't really think of what else the letter could contain.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Corny, where is the bathtub-bullet-through-chest gif? It could serve as the RAYLAN'D to counterbalance GUTTERSON'D.

http://i.imgur.com/EcS57.gif[/IMG

[s]Crappy Tumblr gif, hope someone can get a better one up.[/s]

edit - Cornballer came through.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Awesomely hilarious episode! And the preview for the next one looks insane! Shit's hitting the fan!

Dewey rocked! The 4 kidneys and the 6.5 stipper line cracked me up!

- Production Blog: “Thick As Mud” – A Writer’s Recap
Andy Serkis, dinosaurs, and Joshua Tree. Sounds like your prototypical nightmare, right? No, it’s just what happens when Jon Worley puts pen to paper. If you watched last night’s episode, “Thick as Mud”, you were graced with a glimpse into the minds of Jon Worley and Benjamin Cavell. Last night, Worley and Cavell took us on a romp through Harlan as Dewey Crowe desperately tries to raise enough money to buy his kidneys back (yes, his kidneys). It’s not everyday that a TV drama has the confidence to focus an episode on one of their auxiliary characters, but when you have an actor like Damon Herriman, it just makes sense.

Well, I caught Jon in one of his more lucid moments, turned on the cameras, and discussed the behind-the-scenes making of his and Ben’s episode. The result is unbelievable, to say the least.
Youtube vid via the link.

SyNapSe

I saw Maggie Lawson listed and thought: Juliette? Yup.

Dewey was really strong in this episode. Brought a lot of humor. I was a bit worried about this season but they find ways to deliver even while interweaving new characters and story arc's.

Too bad about the rating numbers but hopefully it keeps going. Winning some more awards will probably help keep it on air.

That might help explain this week, though White Collar didn't air. In general, I would've liked to see some year-to-year growth and it hasn't been there.

It would be nice, but on the other hand the so-so ratings mean that Justified will get to end after 4 or 5 great seasons. That's much better than it getting run into the ground.

Did anyone catch the name Quarles said as he was leaving Boyd? He swallowed the bourbon, got up, and said something as he left, sounded like the name of a person, though I may be remembering wrong.

"Carpetbaggers have a habit of dying off like deer flies at the end of the summer."

"Saul Bellow."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom