• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

This episode man. Loving it.

Wonder what Drew got himself involved in.

"I'd be whistling 'Deliverance' if I knew you had a sense of humor."

Burt

I guess it was an interesting little scenario, but honestly, those hill people were a stupid fucking inclusion. There's no way that "hill people" are anything like that in real life, especially when it comes to killing trespassers, and doubly so for FEDERAL US DEPUTY MARSHALLS.

God, I've heard that phrase so much watching this show.

ib0RN6KiqFbNTe.gif

Its kind of entertaining to watch this show under the assumption that all of the actors from Deadwood are just playing direct descendants of their characters from that show. Olyphant dragging Gerald McRaney with a car was amazing

Tokubetsu

"I was probably too young for blowin' the head off Taliban...guess it all evens out"

Man my reaction to that Tim line was about the same as Raylan's.

The leadup to the first scene between Raylan and Boyd was worth. Both of them fooled by a con-man and handcuffed by "the hill people." For all their smarts, they still can get fooled by other folk that are more earthly than the regular town folk they deal with.

I really liked the seen between Tim and Colt. Both former military, on different sides of the law, carrying on a conversation about a missing person without naming names. I definitely expect more with these two after that scene.

Guess I was wrong about Ellen Mae. The deck is really going to be stacked against Boyd now. Duffy, Johnny, and Shelby are all gunning for him. How will he get out of this one?

Justified paints a bad picture of the FBI. Incompetent and full of turncoats.

etiolate

Banned
I get the feeling that Boyd's demand for half the cocaine business in Kentucky was just a test to see if Duffy had an endgame planned for Boyd. By agreeing to it, Boyd knows that Duffy considers Boyd to be as good as dead and any deal he makes with Boyd to be meaningless.

That episode was akin to watching a well-choreographed ballet, and would've crumbled without the creative team behind this show and its wonderful cast. Can't imagine many other currently-airing ensemble dramas pulling something like it off. And might I just add? How awesome an addition has Ron Eldard (Colt) been this season? Guy rocks it out, has that perfect touch of endearing with his menace.

When I watched it the first time, it looked normal. Thanks for the point out, Cornballer. I am going to read the link. Again, thanks!

Snake

That was a gloriously fun episode. Among the many other guest stars, I enjoyed that they managed to have Kurt and Finn's mom and dad from Glee in the same episode.

I'm worried about Jim Beaver though. Now that he's crossed Boyd like this I don't see how he'll survive much longer.

Fuck, best episode of the season so far.

"I don't like your plan, Raylan!" So fucking funny. I hope Shelby pulls through. Jim Beaver is really a guy you can root for.

Think Arkin will make an appearance this season?

xenist

I read "Well my goodness" as a complete meta commentary on Ollyphant's often commented stoic and underplaying acting style. The hand scene from last year. Now this. Raylan is seriously one the best written and acted characters in TV history. It's probably the most serendipitous meeting of character and actor I can think of.

That episode was akin to watching a well-choreographed ballet, and would've crumbled without the creative team behind this show and its wonderful cast. Can't imagine many other currently-airing ensemble dramas pulling something like it off. And might I just add? How awesome an addition has Ron Eldard (Colt) been this season? Guy rocks it out, has that perfect touch of endearing with his menace.

I'll just quote this since it's getting tiring finding new ways to praise the show. It's rare to watch a series that has such masterful command of every single character and line of dialogue, and FX is currently airing at least 2 that I know of: Justified and Archer.

I read "Well my goodness" as a complete meta commentary on Ollyphant's often commented stoic and underplaying acting style. The hand scene from last year. Now this. Raylan is seriously one the best written and acted characters in TV history. It's probably the most serendipitous meeting of character and actor I can think of.

All signs point to him being super involved in the show's creative process, so it makes sense. And, yeah, it's clearly paying dividends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom