• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
- FX Justified blog: Q&A with “This Bird Has Flown” Writer Taylor Elmore

As always, it's an interesting read. Some highlights:
–Why was Raylan so trusting with Lindsey? Was it trust or cockiness?

I think he was sort of reeling a little more from the falling-out with Winona than even he realized he was. I think he was looking for a soft place to fall. She seemed like the right thing at the right time. And I think there was something we touched on in episode 3 of this season where it’s sort of like– he kind of likes her bad side. There’s an attraction to that, and he’s grown up around people who are generally not trustworthy and there’s something about him putting his money in the drawer that was sort of childlike and oldschool. He didn’t want anybody knowing about it but she knew about it… She was his partner in crime a little bit… I guess he did trust her, but was almost setting himself up for failure.

–Where did Colt come from in the writer’s room?

One of the things we wrestled with in season 3 was that Boyd’s crew was just so sad. Like an old man and a guy in a wheelchair. He didn’t really have the meaty kind of crew that you’d feel like great things could come from. So in season 4 when we got back in the room we realized we wanted to flesh Boyd’s crew out and we wanted to distinguish somebody. We didn’t want to bring in another “hillbilly of the week” so I think very early on we knew he would be ex-military. Boyd was ex-military, so what if it was somebody he knew then? So that kind of morphed into being this guy from Maryland who was not part of the crew and didn’t know any of this hillbilly shit, and Colt evolved out of that.

–One of our readers pointed out that Raylan hasn’t shot anyone yet this season. Can we have your permission to count the beanbag shotgun as his first casualty for the season?

I’d like to think so. The beanbag gag was fun because we were trying to figure out how he could fight this guy who we’ve set up as being completely undefeatable. I was watching some reality TV thing where they were using beanbag rounds on some guy who had a gun… and it was just like, “wow that’s fun.” So yeah I think it qualifies. He shoots him at least twice, and I think Lindsey shoots him three times. It gets a little ridiculous… It’s a little cheap. It’s a little dirty. And we had fun with it.

One thing about Lindsey stealing the money. It was actually Randall who tossed the room. She knew where the money was. I think if she had taken it herself, she would have left Raylan some.

Sepinwall said:
It's a Hey, It's That Guy!-a-palooza on tomorrow night's excellent "Justified," packed with familiar faces old and new to the series.
Sounds like we have some fun guest stars inbound for tomorrow night.

EDIT:
Televisionary said:
Tuesday's episode of #Justified is very, very good. (My only complaint: not enough Ava.)

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Televisionary said:
Tuesday's episode of #Justified is very, very good. (My only complaint: not enough Ava.)

He says that it's "very very good" yet concedes that it doesn't have enough Ava. Paradox much? It's simply impossible to have a "very very good" episode of Justified without copious amounts of Ava. You can't have one without the other. Jace plz.

ಠ_ರೃ

I'm in no mood for your antics.

!!!!

Natalie+Zea+Premiere+FX+Justified+Season+4+XliVjSRkeCsl.jpg

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Always nice to see Stephen Tobolowsky

Also, Raylan isn't going to like this :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom