• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindle

Banned
Let's hope Boyd does more dancing in S4.

Edit: forget all the tense drama or shootouts, Boyd dancing will make this season. :D

- Poniewozik review: Justified Brings It All Back Home
Fortunately, season 4 looks like it’s sticking closer to home. Home means something to Justified; as Boyd says in the second episode, “The hubris of making assumptions about a people and a place to which you are a foreigner strikes me as a grave sin indeed.” Justified, however, is at this point no foreigner to Harlan. Like Faulkner digging into Yoknapatawpha County, or John Waters into Baltimore, or Bruce Springsteen into New Jersey, Justified shows that the deeper you get into the minutiae of your little corner–and into your past–the bigger your world gets.

Even just a single episode McShane cameo desperately needs to happen

I've had this image of him playing some patriarch character kind of like Mags, wearing an orange hunting jacket and flannel and carrying around a hunting rifle and doing an over the top southern accent

Even just a single episode McShane cameo desperately needs to happen

I've had this image of him playing some patriarch character kind of like Mags, wearing an orange hunting jacket and flannel and carrying around a hunting rifle and doing an over the top southern accent

Too similar to Bo. I see McShane more as a Detroit crime lord making a new home in Lexington.

McShane definitely has to happen. Preferably as the big bad, but I'd also accept a villain of the week McShane, because at least he showed up, which is something that has to happen.

With the amount of actors that have been on this show from Deadwood it really seems like a no brainer. Even Jen the whore was on this shit for a few seconds. Plus he was on American Horror Story this season so maybe that increases the chance of it happening?

Also need to see John Hawkes and William Sanderson do something on Justified

Solo

With the amount of actors that have been on this show from Deadwood it really seems like a no brainer. Even Jen the whore was on this shit for a few seconds. Plus he was on American Horror Story this season so maybe that increases the chance of it happening?

Also need to see John Hawkes and William Sanderson do something on Justified

Hawkes' career is booming right now. I feel like he'd be hard to land. McShane and Sanderson would be ace though. Powers Boothe too. Also need Silas Adams himself, Titus Welliver, on the show.

Hawkes' career is booming right now. I feel like he'd be hard to land. McShane and Sanderson would be ace though. Powers Boothe too. Also need Silas Adams himself, Titus Welliver, on the show.

And I'd be fine with them playing their characters from Deadwood. Givens is basically a more empowered Bullock after all.

Hindle

Banned
I think Ben Kingsley if they could get him would fit in this show. Same with Ray Winstone, they could repeat the dynamic they had in Sexy Beast. I know it's unlikely but those are two actors who I feel would just elevate it to the next level.

Solo

It seems like there will be 6 seasons. Big bads:

S1 - Boyd's father.
S2 - Mags.
S3 - Quarles.
S4 - From what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be a big bad as such.
S5 - McShane, make it happen.
S6 - Boyd.

OR, if they intent to follow through on Boyd and Raylan's friendship, it could be:

S5 - Limehouse.
S6 - Raylan and Boyd vs McShane.

Hindle

Banned
It seems like there will be 6 seasons. Big bads:

S1 - Boyd's father.
S2 - Mags.
S3 - Quarles.
S4 - From what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be a big bad as such.
S5 - McShane, make it happen.
S6 - Boyd.

OR, if they intent to follow through on Boyd and Raylan's friendship, it could be:

S5 - Limehouse.

Boyd is more likely. I feel they had him as a villain in S1 for a reason. In the subsequent seasons they really add more layers to him, to confuse the audience so when it comes to the showdown between Raylan and Boyd, we won't know who to side with.

Solo

I'm ankle deep in one with a couple of friends. Two episodes a week or so. Making it last. Best show ever, man. Makes Breaking Bad look like Smash.

Indeed! So say we all!

People refer to now as the "golden era of television", but I actually think we're several years past it. There was once a time when

Deadwood
Carnivale
Rome
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
The West Wing
Etc.

All aired at the same time.

Indeed! So say we all!

People refer to now as the "golden era of television", but I actually think we're several years past it. There was once a time when

Deadwood
Carnivale
Rome
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
The West Wing
Etc.

You read Sepinwall's book? Top shelf stuff and very much about that period came to pass. I thought it would be all criticism, but it really goes into the process for a lot of the shows at the times.

I give it six Apple Pies out of five

:(

I want this to happen so bad

Also, I find it pretty interesting how S6 being Raylan vs Boyd or Raylan+Boyd vs Someone Else are both completely valid ways to handle it. Can't think of many shows with a character dynamic like that.

Solo

Boyd is more likely. I feel they had him as a villain in S1 for a reason. In the subsequent seasons they really add more layers to him, to confuse the audience so when it comes to the showdown between Raylan and Boyd, we won't know who to side with.

You might be right. I cannot shake the feeling though that, however it plays out, the final scene of the show will be almost the same as the final scene of S1.

Now, that could mean this time Raylan pulls the trigger, or that this time its Boyd with the gun and he has mercy on Raylan, or any number of different outcomes, but I feel pretty confident its going to come back around to that.

Hindle

Banned
I'd still say the golden age is here. GOT, BB, Justfied., all brilliant storytelling and drama. I think it will end after these though.

You read Sepinwall's book? Top shelf stuff and very much about that period came to pass. I thought it would be all criticism, but it really goes into the process for a lot of the shows at the times.

I give it six Apple Pies out of five

Yeah his book is great. This year I'm trying to watch/rewatch all the shows on his list starting with Oz. Finished that a few days ago though, Sopranos is up next

Loved that crazy story about Milch just arriving on the set of NYPD Blue and dictating an entire monologue for Dennis Franz on the spot because there wasn't a script ready

And I still can't believe there was a time when new episodes of Deadwood and Carnivale were airing back to back

Solo

:(

I want this to happen so bad

I got super (read: way too fucking) hyped when they showed that first S3 promo with Raylan and Boyd side by side, Raylan with his gun and Boyd with a shotgun, busting into a room. It was like the ultimate tag team of forever.

Then it turned out to only be a promo and nothing like that happened all season :_(

Hindle

Banned
Indeed! So say we all!

Deadwood
Carnivale
Rome
The Sopranos
The Wire
The Shield
The West Wing
Etc.

You could put Arrested Development and The Office UK in there as well.

Fry

I'd still say the golden age is here. GOT, BB, Justfied., all brilliant storytelling and drama. I think it will end after these though.

Me too. As it happens with movies, people overvalue the past decade's work and don't give enough credit to the current line of work.

Solo

Me too. As it happens with movies, people overvalue the past decade's work and don't give enough credit to the current line of work.

No.

That lineup of shows I just listed trumps BB and MM easily, and those two shows are basically the pinnacle of today's television. And there is no "overvaluing" of Deadwood or The Sopranos.

I always enjoy reading lists of the greatest TV shows/movies/games ever made, because there's always something I haven't tried yet sandwiched between other things I already consider to be the greatest.

I don't even know what Carnivale is, but

Solo said:
Deadwood
Carnivale
Rome

it was the next thing you thought of after mothereffing Deadwood, so I should probably check that out.

I always enjoy reading lists of the greatest TV shows/movies/games ever made, because there's always something I haven't tried yet sandwiched between other things I already consider to be the greatest.

I don't even know what Carnivale is, but

it was the next thing you thought of after mothereffing Deadwood, so I should probably check that out.

I'd stop after season one if I were you, but no one ever agrees with me.

Solo

Oh man, watch Carnivale ASAP! Amazing show that, like Deadwood, was cut down in its prime :_(

HBO used to be so much shorter with their leashes on shows 10 years ago. Now they have gone too far in the other direction, giving most shows more than enough rope to hang themselves with.

Oh man, watch Carnivale ASAP! Amazing show that, like Deadwood, was cut down in its prime :_(

HBO used to be so much shorter with their leashes on shows 10 years ago. Now they have gone too far in the other direction, giving most shows more than enough rope to hang themselves with.

No way! Five episodes for Treme to finish ain't no rope, that's dental floss!!

Carnivale is an absolutely incredible experience

don't even look anything up about it, just jump in headfirst. The music is top tier as well, so turn the sound up or wear some headphones or something and just let the atmosphere wash over you

The thread is rolling now. :D

iKQTXMN9Mi3Lu.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom