• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Amped for tonight!

y0jbG.gif

Good stuff:
For all its gore, gunfire, and criminal nastiness, it’s a joyous show; even when the characters are scowling, the show seems to be grinning at you. It’s that Elmore Leonard DNA that cinches it, I think. Although Olyphant, Yost, and their superb writing staff have little day-to-day involvement with the master, his spirit seems to guide their choices. It’s the spirit of an entertainer who wants to tell the truth about people without congratulating himself on his insight. It’s the voice of a wise man who’s been around and seen a lot and who knows that, sooner or later, all of these drama queens and kings will be fertilizing daffodils. Leonard has spent his life creating fiction that’s precise, relaxed, droll, and wise about human behavior, yet so much fun that even some fans are reluctant to call it what it is: art.

From MZS up there

Leonard has spent his life creating fiction that’s precise, relaxed, droll, and wise about human behavior, yet so much fun that even some fans are reluctant to call it what it is: art.

YEEEEEEEE!!!!!

EDIT: JINX!!!

Don't know if anyone saw, but Timothy Olyphant is on the latest Nerdist Podcast.

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/01/nerdist-podcast-timothy-olyphant/
Cool, thanks for posting that.
Could have sworn I read an interview with someone during Season 3 from the show who said Gugino was a tease to something they'll work out later in the season or in the next season.
I'm sure they'd love to have her back at some point, but she's been pretty busy recently. I haven't seen anything indicating that she'll be back this season.

Tim Goodman said:
Watched the first episode of "Justified" last night and loved it. One more to go and review later today.
Televisionary said:
Justified returns tonight for S4. The first two eps are riveting: a taut and provocative overarching plot, great character beats. Love it.
xXUBI.gif

God I miss Deadwood :_(

Soon be time for a series rewatch, methinks.

Don't know about you but once Fringe ends, gonna spend my Friday nights watching all of Deadwood for the first time. Time to see if buying the complete series was worth it

- Zap2It: 'Justified' Season 4 goes for something a little different (Yost interview, some spoilers)
- Collider: Timothy Olyphant Interview
- Channel Guide: “Justified”: 10 things to love about Season 4 *spoilers*

- Salon review: My love is “Justified”
In the first two episodes, the procedural and serious drama aspects of “Justified,” which usually blend together as nicely as the ingredients in Mags’ apple cider, jostle up against each other in jarring ways. (Goggins’ performance as Crowder is so charismatic, it almost unbalances the series), but I am optimistic the parts will come together. “Justified” has always done right by both its procedural satisfactions and big time payoffs. Like its leading men, Raylan and Boyd, it understands and revels in the crasser virtues of showmanship, of the right joke, the right threat, the right plaid shirt and tie combination, the right number of buttons to do up on a collared shirt, the right way to brandish a gun and, of course, the right hat.

Fry

I'm not even going to watch tonight's episode. I'll just piece together the plot and dialogue from all the gifs!

:lol

I remember that I got spoiled by the gifs on the S3 finale. I knew Quarles lost his hand before going into the episode =(.

Solo

What was that fucking awesome line Duffy had to Raylan in......S2, I think? Basically telling him he's gonna kick his ass, but in the usual brilliant Justified lingo.

What was that fucking awesome line Duffy had to Raylan in......S2, I think? Basically telling him he's gonna kick his ass, but in the usual brilliant Justified lingo.
The S3 one I remember:
Deputy, are you accusing me of being a fake blonde? Because if you need me to prove it to you, I might be inclined to break you over that step-ladder, ride you down like a teaser-pony, and paint this room an entirely different color.

Solo

Yep, that's it CB!

That's why I love Duffy so much - 85% of the time he's a laughable, almost lovable dolt, but then there's the other 15% of the time where you realize he's a pretty fucking terrifying sociopath.

inm8num2

Something like this?

321-Ron-Perlman-in-drag.jpg

LOL I forgot about Frankie Go Boom.

In all honesty, I'd love for some very small connection between Sons and Justified to pop up.

The best one would be through Donal Logue. As an ex-marshall on Sons, maybe he and Raylan crossed paths at one point? Maybe at one point Raylan would seek out Lee Toric for help on something?

Solo

Just over an hour to go!

Who's watching live tonight?

I don't have FX, so I always have to wait for a Canadian affiliate I have to re-run it the day after.

Pretty sad that even if I did have FX Canada, apparently its not even being shown tonight.

gdt

I'm watching tonight. But I thought it was on at 9pm.

Oh well, back to either Mark of the Ninja.....or Dishonored.

smr00

Banned
I just realized...

I'm watching this tomorrow.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Also, the kid from Jurassic Park is in this season! Holy crap.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/the-new-pr...ittle-boy-from--jurassic-park--181246495.html

JoeMazzello-JurassicPark-Justified-630-jpg_002728.jpg

I didn't even realize he still has a career.
Wait.. That kid.. WUT?!

So hyped for tonight, i just powered through S1-3 on blu-ray over the weekend.

Just over an hour to go!

Who's watching live tonight?
One of the few shows i watch live.

Merguson

Banned
I don't have FX, so I always have to wait for a Canadian affiliate I have to re-run it the day after.

Pretty sad that even if I did have FX Canada, apparently its not even being shown tonight.

Showcase is airing it at 10pm tonight if you have that channel.

EDIT: Oh nevermind. It said Season Premiere at 10pm on the Showcase website.

Too bad they don't politely inform you it's the Season 2 premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom