• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plissken

Thanks for the heads up! I just finished reading another book and was looking for something new to read, this should do nicely.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
i finish the season a few days ago
great season BTW

my question is...
why Jimmy survive and not billy?

The snakes that bit Jimmy were milked, meaning they didn't have any of their venom. The snake that Boyd brought with him that bit Billy wasn't milked, so Billy died from the poison.

otapnam

The snakes that bit Jimmy were milked, meaning they didn't have any of their venom. The snake that Boyd brought with him that bit Billy wasn't milked, so Billy died from the poison.

Yeah. It kinda proved that billy really believed in his preaching and that his sister was the Master mind

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I still need to read Raylan. I finished Pronto last year, loved it. Kinda weird to see how the criminals and fugitives see Raylan, but it definitely felt like Justified.

Just finished season 4 of The Boyd Crowder Show, really enjoyed it. Definitely a step up from the good but perhaps not great season 3.

Arlo's death and Raylan's reaction to it was handled perfectly. Boyd "losing" Ava was another powerful moment, I just hope this wasn't her being written out of the show as a regular. I love that fictitious woman so much.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Boyd "losing" Ava was another powerful moment, I just hope this wasn't her being written out of the show as a regular. I love that fictitious woman so much.

iNfBN5v.gif

- Deadline: ‘Justified’s Graham Yost Remembers Elmore Leonard; Tributes Planned For Season 5 & DVD
“It’s hard even when you know it’s coming, and we knew,” Justified showrunner Graham Yost told Deadline of Elmore Leonard‘s passing today. “Once he had the stroke – it was a left brain stroke, and he was really was non verbal after – we got an update every day or two on how it was looking. It was pretty clear that it wasn’t looking good.” Yost says plans are already underway to pay tribute to Leonard before the next season begins. “We’ll do something for the Season 4 DVD set, and I’m sure we’ll do something on the first episode of the new season.” Yost and his writers had already plotted to integrate more Leonard characters into the series’ upcoming fifth season. “Before he had his stroke we were thinking, you know, we’re headed to end of the series, we’ve maybe got two seasons left – so we wanted to bring in the Crowe family which is a big part of his world. We’ve got Dewey Crowe on the show but there are other Crowes that populated his books and we thought it would be fun to focus on that.”

Leonard had long been a strong supporter of the FX series which Yost developed and adapted from the author’s novels Pronto, Riding The Rap, and short story “Fire In The Hole”. An executive producer on the series, Leonard was inspired by the success of Justified to write a new 2012 novella, Raylan. “He thought being an executive producer he should contribute something, and he thought that was the best way to contribute. One story turned into three, and turned into his novel Raylan.” Just before his death Leonard had planned on writing another novel which he told Yost Raylan would appear in. “It’s sad that we won’t get to see that,” said Yost.

Yost on working with Leonard as he developed Justified around the character of Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens: “He wasn’t precious about his work but he was also very honest. The big joke between all of us was that he didn’t like Raylan’s hat. At first he had a different hat in mind. But he grew to accept it because he just loved Tim [Olyphant]’s performance.” In his writers room Yost handed out “WWED” bracelets to reinforce his commitment to preserving the spirit of Leonard’s text. “What Would Elmore Do? He got a kick out of that when he heard about that. He asked if we could send a few of those to his family. Elmore’s Ten Rules of Good Writing, the number 1 rule is leave out the parts that people skip over. Just that alone – bring it down, make it faster, funnier, or smarter – is something I try to take to heart.”

The Wrap said:
Elmore Leonard liked to get to the point, so the star and creator of "Justified" did just that in paying tribute Tuesday.

“We were blessed by the time we got to spend with him and we will miss him. Our thoughts are with his family. Take it easy, Elmore," said "Justified" creator Graham Yost, star Timothy Olyphant, and the show's cast and crew.

"PS," they added. "We wrote longer versions of this statement, but as Elmore always said: Leave out the parts people tend to skip.”

wIraqoK.png

Leonard (pictured above with Yost and Olyphant) died Tuesday at 87.

More Crowes? Oh lawd :lol
Yeah, that should be entertaining. Hope they get Dickie Bennett back on, too.

Yet another "only 2 seasons left" confirmation. Excellent.
Yup, I'm glad they're sticking with the plan.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
smh at Raylan choosing Winona over Ava.

One is a court worker with a proper career and exquisite taste in clothes, the other is a pussy peddler who hooks her trailer to the first scumbag that lays eyes on her and prays for the best.

Raylan knows what's up.

Jackie Nevada.

One is a court worker with a proper career and exquisite taste in clothes, the other is a pussy peddler who hooks her trailer to the first scumbag he lays eyes on her and prays for the best.

Raylan knows what's up.

Jackie Nevada.

but she left Raylan for the first time to the estate worker who was suppose to be selling their house.
And yes, hope there more of Jackie next season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
smh at Raylan choosing Winona over Ava.

I know, Raylan isn't very smart when it comes to matters of the opposite sex.

One is a court worker with a proper career and exquisite taste in clothes, the other is a pussy peddler who hooks her trailer to the first scumbag that lays eyes on her and prays for the best.

Raylan knows what's up.

Jackie Mehvada.

I will cut you, Funky Papa.

Tig's father in Sons Of Anarchy first.

Anyway it's a big loss, Justified is one of the best written drama out there right now, I hope this loss doesn't affect the quality of the show.

It shouldn't--He suggested some good show-specific ideas, but I don't think he had a lot to do with the show's execution of his ideas.

It still sucks he won't get to see his characters playout over the next couple of seasons.

Do you think a fan of Deadwood would enjoy this show? It's got my boy Timmy in it too

It's not on the Deadwood level, but it is fantastic pulp crime. Seasons two and four especially are some of the best the genre's seen on television.

Also look forward to moments from Deadwood alums Jim Beaver, Johnny Burns, and Dan Dority. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It's not on the Deadwood level, but it is fantastic pulp crime. Seasons two and four especially are some of the best the genre's seen on television.

Also look forward to moments from Deadwood alums Jim Beaver, Johnny Burns, and Dan Dority. :)

Don't forget Stephen Tobolowsky ;)

DaciaJC

Gold Member
I'm sad to hear of Elmore Leonard's passing. I was hoping he'd be able to see the show to its conclusion.

Anyway, can't wait to see more of the Crowe clan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom