• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justified - Season 4 - Timothy Olyphant & Walton Goggins - Tuesdays on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to more crazy preacher tomorrow.

Praise the
i8dIIfeklwHha.gif

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The dialogue in this episode is on point tonight, good gravy. Art's lunch comment slayed me.

Good stuff so far. Not quite sure where they're going with the roughneck fighter guy, but he's a fun character. Always entertaining when the marshall's head deep into Kentucky, too.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"I wouldn't kick you out of bed for eating crackers." I love that expression. I've heard it before, but loved the usage here.

kingkitty

I think Boyd threatening to kill Duffy's peon was a little too naive for his character but besides that, this ep was enjoyable.

Grizzlyjin

Well they definitely tried to work some characterization in there for Gutterson and Rachel, during Art's speech about his staff. Hopefully they both get more screen time this season. They always say they will, but this time...this time I believe!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well they definitely tried to work some characterization in there for Gutterson and Rachel, during Art's speech about his staff. Hopefully they both get more screen time this season. They always say they will, but this time...this time I believe!

I can definitely see there being some Rachel+Raylan time in our future where they talk about how both of their marriages fell apart. Something in that vein.

There was an interview where Yost said that
they'd deal with Rachel's marriage troubles in the next two episodes, & Tim was going to have his own arc during the season dealing with (I believe) Boyd's army buddy

inm8num2

That Boyd/Billy scene was legendary.

Ellen May also broke my heart when she told Billy her sins were too bad to be forgiven. :(

And just like that Boyd and Raylan are back on a collision course for the season four mystery. It might not happen next week, but it's coming once Arlow speaks to his adoptedson.

I love this show so much for the small detail of continuing to cast the same respective henchmen for Boyd and Wynn again this season. I love Wynn "Eybrows" Duffy's retort to Boyd about the trust line. Great writing as always.

The gif someone needs to make is of the children in the singing walking up to Boyd. He's thinking WTF is going on in my whore house?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I loved the stuff with Waldo Truth's family (also the fact that the episode was a literal "Where's Waldo?" and it was nice to see Art and Gutterson again.

D: Duffy's mustache is gone

I thought something about him looked off. I wonder why he shaved? I think as long as he doesn't shave off his eyebrows I'll be okay.

Fry

I loved the stuff with Waldo Truth's family (also the fact that the episode was a literal "Where's Waldo?" and it was nice to see Art and Gutterson again.

Yeah, me too, and that's where things started to get really good until the end. Solid ep.

“I don’t even trust the way you just now said I could trust you.”

Damn. This episode was incredible. Best display of writing on the show since S2.

Seth C

Good stuff so far. Not quite sure where they're going with the roughneck fighter guy, but he's a fun character. Always entertaining when the marshall's head deep into Kentucky, too.

This show is so very different for someone who grew up in these places. I am glad to see things like Kentucky Ale showing up (it's been in both episodes -- twice in this one), especially when Ava disses it. Also the inclusion of Pappy was a nice touch.

But Versailles? Yeah, it just doesn't look like that. It's like 15 minutes past the Lexington airport and roughly halfway between Lexington and the state capitol. It's not a big city by any means, but it's modern enough.

This show is so very different for someone who grew up in these places. I am glad to see things like Kentucky Ale showing up (it's been in both episodes -- twice in this one), especially when Ava disses it. Also the inclusion of Pappy was a nice touch.

But Versailles? Yeah, it just doesn't look like that. It's like 15 minutes past the Lexington airport and roughly halfway between Lexington and the state capitol. It's not a big city by any means, but it's modern enough.

I'd imagine the show isn't all too balanced when it comes to depicting Kentucky suburbia, but the place where they had the backyard rumble seemed a decent change of pace. If I remember correctly, S1 used more modern-looking areas, although that might have been a side-effect of episodes being less serialized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom