• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT4| No Music, No Smile!

Uraizen

Banned
I've been interested in Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, if only to see just how similar it is to the DMC Bloody Palace comparisons that everyone keeps making about it.

About those comparisons... it's because you fight wave after wave of enemies. The combat itself is good, but doesn't come anywhere near touching DMC's.
Good DMC games

Also Mike, Clannad is coming to Steam.

You've probably heard but just in case. XD

PrXvk.gif

TUSR

Banned
So ive never bought anything off rightstuf, do they just send me an email when they ship the product I ordered if the release date is say, November?

Hugstable

Banned
I want strange journey :D

I need to start playing SMT1 though, I just started.

Yeah SMT 1 is really good also, has more of the horror feeling to it, but still a great classic. I think it's available on iPhones these days lol. SMT1 is actually perfect to play now if you ever plan to tackle on Strange Journey someday since the exploration is pretty much the same (Much more improved in SJ) You should definitely get Strange Journey someday, it contrasts really well with Nocturne. While Nocturne has more mechanics in it's battle system and the overall fights are more challenging, Strange Journey steps the dungeons up a notch and creates some really well done first person dungeons. Most video game dungeons are elementary school compared to what Strange Journey does.

Thanks Phoenix! I know what I'm gonna be watching tonight!

TUSR

Banned
i never understood why there were some games named SMT: Persona and then they are their own respective games with individual titles.

G-Fex

Yeah SMT 1 is really good also, has more of the horror feeling to it, but still a great classic. I think it's available on iPhones these days lol. SMT1 is actually perfect to play now if you ever plan to tackle on Strange Journey someday since the exploration is pretty much the same (Much more improved in SJ) You should definitely get Strange Journey someday, it contrasts really well with Nocturne. While Nocturne has more mechanics in it's battle system and the overall fights are more challenging, Strange Journey steps the dungeons up a notch and creates some really well done first person dungeons. Most video game dungeons are elementary school compared to what Strange Journey does.

Thanks Phoenix! I know what I'm gonna be watching tonight!

Yeah I'm going to be busy with SMT1 and Revelations: Persona. Eventually i'll make my way to SJ.

Not to mention i'm juggling strategy games now too.

Articalys

So ive never bought anything off rightstuf, do they just send me an email when they ship the product I ordered if the release date is say, November?
Yeah, pretty much

And they'll also send you email about every three weeks until then, reminding you that "we are unable to ship your complete order due to the unforeseen demand for the items, or your items are not yet released"

Or maybe that just happened to me because I mixed preorder items with in-stock items on the same shipping order, I dunno

Hugstable

Banned
i never understood why there were some games named SMT: Persona and then theyre are their own respective games with individual titles.

They wanted the series to have some sort of Brand Name recognition for awhile since all the games are still based off of my of the same Demons, along with Fusion being in most of the games. Similarites usually stop there though and each series has it's own quirks. But they just seemed to want to have more Brand Recognition, to a series where at the time SMT: Nocturne was one of the first games in the series released here in the US besides Persona 1 and 2. Persona 1 and 2 both released here also and I don't remember them having an SMT: Persona type thing, wasn't until Persona 3 that they started doing that.

Yeah I'm going to be busy with SMT1 and Revelations: Persona. Eventually i'll make my way to SJ.

Not to mention i'm juggling strategy games now too.

The way you are setting everything up is actually pretty good, getting the older games outta the way since both games have alot of dated mechanics compared to later games in the series. Make sure you play P1 on the PSP, the PSX version we got here.... yeah lol. I was never too big on the older Persona games myself, good stories, but so much encounters and battles could be slow at times.

G-Fex

The way you are setting everything up is actually pretty good, getting the older games outta the way since both games have alot of dated mechanics compared to later games in the series. Make sure you play P1 on the PSP, the PSX version we got here.... yeah lol. I was never too big on the older Persona games myself, good stories, but so much encounters and battles could be slow at times.

Yup.

here's me playing Revelations: Persona. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFgTlb-Z4WQ

Hugstable

Banned
My first Persona/SMT game was P4G.

As old as I am, I never played any of them until recently.

Mainline SMT games are fun but much differently story and dungeon wish than what you just experienced in Persona 4. SMT: Nocturne has a story going on, but most of the character are around as representations of philosophies instead of just everyday high school stuff in P4G. Plus the dungeons in the mainline series are not randomized, many have puzzles and other extra gimmicks. One dungeon early on in Nocturne has you flipping the rooms you are in.

pwU4hYk.jpg

Gods can't control him, he controls gods!

Sorry if I went SMT crazy for a second there, I'm a huge SMT fanboy and even seeing the words get brought up always makes me wanna talk about the games. I wish there was a Mainline SMT Community OT, but I don't think there are much of us, and it would have alot of overlap maybe with the Persona OT in the first place. I want to discuss my SMT games without going into the other topics put up for these games and risk spoiling things for everyone lol.

Enough of my Random Off Topicness.... Time for my K-ON .gif party!!!!

LOSHKp8.gif

I9CqWR1.gif

tumblr_ms0k1eeUrg1sgsmuuo1_500.gif

d9K8aw1.gif

TUSR

Banned
Mainline SMT games are fun but much differently story and dungeon wish than what you just experienced in Persona 4. SMT: Nocturne has a story going on, but most of the character are around as representations of philosophies instead of just everyday high school stuff in P4G. Plus the dungeons in the mainline series are not randomized, many have puzzles and other extra gimmicks. One dungeon early on in Nocturne has you flipping the rooms you are in.

Sorry if I went SMT crazy for a second there, I'm a huge SMT fanboy and even seeing the words get brought up always makes me wanna talk about the games. I wish there was a Mainline SMT Community OT, but I don't think there are much of us, and it would have alot of overlap maybe with the Persona OT in the first place. I want to discuss my SMT games without going into the other topics put up for these games and risk spoiling things for everyone lol.

Thanks for the info, im still a little confused with how the series go. Like what is the difference between P3P and P3: FES. And there exists 'Shin Megami Tensei: Persona' series as well.

But now Persona is its own deal.

Was SMT a more grindy dungeon type series and Persona was the human element?

Top Bottom