• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-ON! Community |OT4| No Music, No Smile!

StayDead

Boring/Annoying family stuff that I want to vent about

So I was meant to have my CCNA exam again this saturday but my mums been ill and I don't want to leave her overnight on her own and I haven't really had time to revise anything. My Dad came back from his holiday in Israel yesterday (he and my stepmum went to one of her families weddings) and I phoned him up during work to tell him I wanted to reschedule and he didn't sound too happy with me.

Fast forward to today when I'm a bit tired anyway and my dad phones saying he's worried about how stressed I sound and that he thinks we should put my mum in respite care for a few days to give me a break. The thing that he completely fails to understand that it isn't my mum who's causing me stress, it's the fact I've been in a constant state of worry about exams for the past 4 months with no break. He's going to ring me back later wheen he's home from work and I know he's only looking out for me, but I'm still sort of pissed off as he wants to ring the doctors despite me telling him not to about my mum.

I know me doing the CCNA exam is the step forward I need to take to move into work and move on with my life but I just want a break, I just want 3 weeks where I don't have to worry about uni deadlines and exams and just some time to spend doing nothing at all. I don't get how to explain that to my Dad without him blaming the fact I'm caring for my mum. My mum feels guilty enough that her being ill is making me reschedule the exam again but I didn't even want to do it this weekend in the first place, my Dad sort of pushed me into it.

I love my Dad so much but he just doesn't seem to understand the reason why I'm nervous/stressed and he's all to quick to think it's the fact my Mum is ill because that's what made him depressed about 10 years ago before he left her. :\

Sorry to hear of all the issues. I do hope it gets better soon buddy.

mH41wQI.gif

Chet used to like me :(

I am not afraid of the lewds Chet!

Have this.

Boring/Annoying family stuff that I want to vent about[/SPOILER]

I have unsolicited advice because this is the Internet. You should probably be straightforward with your dad. Just say you need a break before you take it because school has been stressful. This isn't going to go away by wringing your hands and worrying about it. You've cancelled this exam how many times? Just take it already. Schedule it for your winter break when you don't have school.

StayDead

I have unsolicited advice because this is the Internet. You should probably be straightforward with your dad. Just say you need a break before you take it because school has been stressful. This isn't going to go away by wringing your hands and worrying about it. You've cancelled this exam how many times? Just take it already. Schedule it for your winter break when you don't have school.

I took it once and failed back in the end of September, I had uni exams two weeks after that so we organised it for October 18th. I came down with a viral infection so couldn't really revise so I went to rearrange it and my Dad said the only weekend he'd have free was this one so told me to arrange it for now (I need to stay with him as the exam place is closer to him than me by about an hours travel time).

I guess the best thing I can do is schedule it for the start/mid december so I can have 2 weeks break from studying/worrying about exams while still doing a little bit of revision to make sure I don't forget everything then go back to studying hard again. I just need to be frank and tell him what exactly my problem is and to tell him to stop blaming the fact I'm looking after mum when that isn't why I'm stressed.

GrandHusk

Too many gifs! my poor phone.
really sorry to hear that your problem persist, if you need it take a break when you can. I had a similar problem this year, but I'm taking a rest for now.
I'm going to start CISCO in Jan
;)

StayDead

I... think I sorted things with my Dad? I've learnt something I've never noticed before but I ramble badly and I think I get it from mmy Dad. I've just been on the phone for half hour and I feel better but I don't think we actually achieved anything in the conversation and he kept going over the same things most of which will be solved when we move soon anyway.

I think I learnt well confirmed that thankfully my dad wasn't annoyed with me yesterday, I think he's finally starting to realise after me constantly repeating myself for the past 3 years that caring for my mum isn't causing pressure on me and also I think he agreed that when I phone up about rescheduling my exam which I'll do tomorrow then he said I can leave it until December so I can have a rest from worrying about exams for a few weeks.

Top Bottom