• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

recent hyomin :love:

421354_o.gif

is that what causes all the distortion? some production issues are my only problems with the song

Nope, the song is just hyper compressed to hell and back. It's like somebody dropped in a compressor on every track and never bothered to actually listen to it. Other than the very clear distortion, listen to the vocals... especially Minah's(that's her right?) part in the beginning where she says "ipsul barabomyeon." The compressor cuts out at the end of "ipsul" and doesn't kick in until "bomyeon", so you can hear "bara" without any effects at all lol. Whoever the master and mix engineer was needs to be taken out the back and shot with a firing squad. That shit is just amateurish and lazy.

The sad thing is, there's no way to fix unless somebody releases the Pro Tools file or they fix it and re-release it. I've already tried everything I know to fix the mp3 version, so I'm currently ripping the audio out of a 720p video since it's been distorted less, maybe I can partially fix it lol.

and I don't think they'd know what side chain compression is either

Yep. I'm actually thinking of telling my professor about it, he'd have a field day over how shitty the mix is. I really love the song, but I don't think I'll listen to it that much on my headphones, it just sounds terrible.

Awesome. I'm digging Don't Forget Me more though. Either way, thanks for the start, I'll check the OP for more.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I really love the song, but I don't think I'll listen to it that much on my headphones, it just sounds terrible.
I wonder if it was done by some young dude who grew up listening to apple earbuds, lol. I don't have a ton of experience with engineering stuff to identify all the specific names of different adjustments, but I know well enough to understand what a good and bad mix sounds like. However, I think this could be identified by most laymen. I mean, it could make you worry you're breaking your speakers or something, especially that busted ass drop at 2:43.

I hope they rework it for inclusion in their next mini album, but unfortunately for now their pattern for digital singles is only one release.

roaSone

\o/

SNSD's 4th Korean Album, entitled Fluid is set to be released November 8, 2012 ♥
Tracklist:
1. Fluid {Title}
2. The Witching Hour
3. Leave Me Be
4. Empty
5. Phosphorous
6. Sun That Never Sets (Ballad written by Tiffany)
7. Twinkle (Group Ver.)

\o/, so hyped now! the end of the year is full of soshi!

2 weeks later, Flower power (single jap) and again 2 weeks later Girls' Generation 2nd album (jap).

Thank you girls.

Edgeward

Yup. Only a select few group photos it seems fairly noticeable where Hwayoung would actually be standing. Otherwise, it's like she was never there. I went thru 3/5 of it just now. Lots of good photos, a good number I haven't seen online yet.

Haven't gotten around to listening to the CD yet. Plan on doing that Sunday.

Ashhong

\o/

\o/, so hyped now! the end of the year is full of soshi!

2 weeks later, Flower power (single jap) and again 2 weeks later Girls' Generation 2nd album (jap).

Thank you girls.

Phosphorous??? What the hell kind of song..lol

Twinkle group version is kinda lame, but I'll take it

Pendulum

Jessica Rabbit? Here's Tiffany Bunny.

tumblr_mcjrkpiChN1r2r1qno1_250.gif
tumblr_mcjrkpiChN1r2r1qno10_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mcjrkpiChN1r2r1qno6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mcjqr3A1xO1r49sxvo1_500.jpg

Caption for this one is "TTS dancing "I Don't Need a Man" while Taeyeon is staring at Tiffany"
tumblr_mcjosw7HA71qehiaao1_500.gif

Ashhong

I'm sorry Epik High, weed has allowed me to actually find your latest album tolerable. Kill This Love is a solid track, which a slightly annoying chorus build up.

I guess the main problem is, why is the album so happy/dancy/poppy sounding??Cold stands out like a sore thumb. The exact same trend that Big Bang has. Coincidence? I don't think so. At least it's decent now.

edit: has anybody heard the other 2 songs that were on the physical CD only?

spink

Other than the very clear distortion
is that what causes all the distortion? some production issues are my only problems with the song

sounds like a dirty synth to me. not an issue with clipping.

listen to the vocals... especially Minah's(that's her right?) part in the beginning where she says "ipsul barabomyeon." The compressor cuts out at the end of "ipsul" and doesn't kick in until "bomyeon", so you can hear "bara" without any effects at all lol.

I'm not noticing that? are you listenig to a cd rip?

Some new thing from LOEN with artists talking about their new songs and stuff, first episode is Girl's Day. English subs with the YouTube CC thing. Sojin looks really great, and they all seem to be having a good time.

iS2Aclvo8PfJ3.gif

Jessica Rabbit? Here's Tiffany Bunny.

tumblr_mcjrkpiChN1r2r1qno1_250.gif
tumblr_mcjrkpiChN1r2r1qno10_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mcjrkpiChN1r2r1qno6_r1_250.gif

Playboy Fany. OMGOMGOMG.

*dies*

I'm not noticing that? are you listenig to a cd rip?

Hrm. It's clearer on the video for some reason. You can definitely hear it on the Youtube version(around 22 secs) and on the MelON rip I'm trying to fix. But for some reason it's either removed from the CD rip or my ears were fncking with me yesterday. Either way, it's more noticeable on the video.

spink

Hrm. It's clearer on the video for some reason. You can definitely hear it on the Youtube version(around 22 secs) and on the MelON rip I'm trying to fix. But for some reason it's either removed from the CD rip or my ears were fncking with me yesterday. Either way, it's more noticeable on the video.

youtube videos have terrible audio generally, so it's not the best source to judge.
also, the mix that is used for mv's are almost always mastered differently to a cd's

youtube videos have terrible audio generally, so it's not the best source to judge.
also, the mix that is used for mv's are almost always mastered differently to a cd's

True. Either way, the MV mix is better than the mp3, but the mix they've been using at MuCore, MuBank and at Sketchbook is tons better. Now if only I can find a source for the Sketchbook perf...

Seems like fabricated stuff for now. No one else (not even soshified) is mentioning it, except tumblr and random message boards :/

Yep, this teaser for Flower Power isn't though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom